How to heal tank in raid?

Hello, one week ago I chamged my spec from tetribution to holy paladin. I healed some raids in last week (ZG, AQ20 and BWL). I healed all group by Flash of Light (rank 6) and when someone needs more heal, I used Holy Light (rank 6) and few times rank 8.

But now, I will tank healer (in MC and BWL) and I would like to get any advices and answers for my asks. For example:
Do you use Holy Light or only spam Flash of Light?
If you use Holy Light (in boss fight), which ranks of Holy Light are enough for tank’s healing?
Must you heal only tank or can you heal everyone if tank dont keep a lot of threat?
Do you have any tips how to heal tank?

Thanks for answers! :slight_smile:

For tank healing the best choice is to spam Flash of Light. Holy Light is rather slow and if the tank unlucks some heavy hit while already low then they are most likely dead before the end of the cast.

Take a look at preraid BiS and cumulate a lot of healing power items, once you have a good bunch of them you can de-rank Flash of Light and alternate rank 4 and max rank depending on the healing output needed.

1 Like

Flash of light is a good scenario heal as it doesn’t cost much mana and gets a heal out fast.

Realistically, you want to be using holy light at the lower ranks (only 1-2 ranks lower maybe) to conserve mana a bit but also get the crit heals that give you a nice overall topup.

Also remember you want +healing gear, so growth shoulders from MC etc, as they also affect the amount of healing you’re actually able to dump.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.