How to make Vanilla popular and profitable, FOREVER

Keep things as they are, so no changes. But once every 4 months bring out a raid from retail, like an event. And we can just teleport to it without going to a retail zone. No gear has to drop, maybe achievements, something symbolic. This way vanilla classic players could experience retail raiding but without changing vanilla wow. All the important gear would still drop from vanilla raids. This could be just a fun way for vanilla players to appreciate the devs hard work, but it would be a choice, you don’t actually have to do it. All the devs would have to do is scale retail raids for vanilla.

Also, arena really wouldn’t hurt the vanilla experience.

3 Likes

I like this idea actually. As long as it’s a choice and doesn’t change the vanilla experience or gear for others who are not interested. Although, it does make sense because we’re paying 15 dollars a month for a game that never changes. At least this way some of us could experience devs hard work without touching retail besides raids.

1 Like

Then it won’t be vanilla anymore.

Vanilla must be left as it is. We can talk about classic + , but as an alternative version or universe.

How? If it’s a choice and if it doesn’t drop gear. How does it change classic vanilla?

2 Likes

If you add new things to something classic, it stops being classic, and is no longer faithful to the original game experience.

But you’re not permanently adding it, it’s like an event, it comes and it goes but doesn’t change the og game.

1 Like

Yea, like an event. It literally won’t change classic vanilla. It could be just a bonus for people who got time.

this idea is prob the worst i read! gg! u win a cookie

1 Like

Explain why.

cba really its obvious but i will try.

There are 2 ways going forward. No changes or Changes. We have to put the conversation into context. Are we talking about wow classic or classic+.

Your statements does not fit to any of the two and also disrespected both concepts. Classic Vanilla because even tho you mention it as an ‘event’ it still doesnt fit at all & Classic + because just copy/pasting a raid is not cool at all. If you want ‘achievments’ or transmog or w/e you know where to go!

hope this clears up! gg still get ur cookie

So no changes with changes?

This is worse than your last idea.

Resources need to be put elsewhere, fixing bugs and removing bots rather than making classic- (minus, not plus) as it detracts from the core ideals of the classic Era game.

I never advocated for those things. Achievement was just a suggestion, it can be an achievement for your retail account. I was talking about symbolic things. And I fail to see how this changes classic era? Explain to me how it changes anything? It would be a literal choice.

Well yes no changes in Azeroth, balance, zones everything would be the same.

But the event is not really a change.

Of course it’s a change, even if it’s like an AV weekend, it wasn’t in the orginal game, if you want to do retail dungeons then PLAY RETAIL.

So you’re okay with AV weekend but this little event that won’t make a difference bothers you?
I refuse to play retail. I hate the models, I hate the classes, I love old Azeroth.

But it will make a difference, you just cannot see it. The work needed to do what you want is far too high, it’s not just copying the data, there are a huge amount of other things to consider, one of which is balance, as they are made for players with much better gear than Classic Era or the data on the retail realms is much newer than the Classic Era realms game version.

What do you mean? They literally have 4 versions, LFR normal heroic and mythic for raids. Why couldn’t they make an easier version for vanilla? I don’t think it’s that hard to copy the data tbh, it runs on the same program.

That’s the thing it doesn’t. It runs on a 2016 (I think) version of the client. Putting stuff in isn’t just a copy/paste, there is a huge amount of alteration and testing those alterations, if the data is compatible at all.

They can figure it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.