How to play a healer class

Actually, It must be How to survive against melee’s at arena.

normally I play with my melee toons at pvp (1550-1600 range did 1940 with my dk ).I’m too new PvP Healing and very interesting it. But I can’t survive even I can’t heal myself then I think about my teammates.

Something horribly wrong with my play style.

a example : Arena gates open and two melee’s lets say a retri and war running into you opened their cds

this scene like a horror movie which is imdb : 8.1.

people says if you endurance at the first wave u’ll win, but how can i I used bop and how can cast spells , I read a lot and tutorials say do “fake casting” I really doing trying this.but always ending like this.

Let’s say 2.5 sec casting , I trying at 0.5 sec no response, 1.5 sec no response 2.0 sec no response , 2.2 sec then I kicked. I don’t mention about my hp situation while trying this zhit :slight_smile:

can you give me some tips about how to survive then im gonna heal my teammates :),

Maybe you could show us some gameplay. It would help to spot any mistakes

As a healer (I havent played pala since legion) but from how I understand with h-pala is you slowly want to rotate through your smaller cds, so like the unkickable heal etc. (it might of changed by now idk but thats how it was when I last played it.) you need to force their dps to line of sight the healer so you can HoJ into repentance.

Generally with fake casting you don’t want to immediatley cancel about less than 1 3rd into the cast cause nobody is going to kick that early try and cancel mid way or 75% of the cast. Ideally even then vs melee since monk, dh, ret and dk do so much damage its not even worth fake casting most of the time

Using CC or big abilities will force kick often than not like MC, Repentance etc which will allow you time to free cast. Its important your DPS knows how to peel aswell.

With double dps teams what you got to understand is when you surpass their win condition so for example ret ww monk, when bop, divine shield and karma is down the game is basically over as your dps should be able to more than happily clean up shop by then.

You can’t do anything alone. It is probably not you fault dude.

Let’s be honest at 1k6 nobody knows how to play in arena (not to critic peoples) and usually if you are playing yourself with melee, they don’t know anything out of dealing dmg.

Your best option to see if the problem come from you or not, play with caster they can easily peels in general and eat/juke kicks so you’ll feel a Bit more comfortable.

You are juking too much.

Trying to fake cast stuff isn’t worth it if you spend more time faking (even if you succeed) than the time of the actual kick you’d have taken.

Don’t attempt to juke with a long cast-time spell like an unboosted holy light. If you need to not get interrupted and risk someone dying during said interrupt then your gcd’s are better spent on something else at that point.
Try to use your fast casts to fake with so it becomes harder to land the interrupt. Then get a feel for how far into the cast they interrupt as it’s uncommon for dps to vary it too much at lower ratings. A lot of melee are a bit too trigger happy with their interrupts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.