How viable is affli in 3s?

And looking into the next Season.

I am growing tired of Destro Warlock I can imagine playing Demo or Affli but I’d prefer affliction surely. Destro warlock is kind of boring to play apart from RBG. Else I will probably have to reroll sth else.

Better get use to playing destro for the entire expansion pal. There’s a chance affli will be top again with a decent rework n buff and there’s also 0 chance of demo ever being good again gg

I’ve tried to play 3v3 with affli in bfa:

1. S1 2250+ - hpaly affli sp
  2. S2 2050+ - hpaly affli sp/dk
    To be honest affli is not that terrible in 3v3. Destro is just way more efficient.

I’ve also played 2v2 with affli this season and i think that for 2v2 they are still at good level and they are severely underestimated in this type of arena. We’ve easily reached 2200 mmr and I guess we are able to push.

Literally worst PvP spec.

Affli is not as bad as people make it out to be. Destro is just far better.

1 Like

Pls stop talking about warlock viability. Never seen more clueless posts in my life. Affli is terrible, boring, 0 utility. One of worst designed specs ever made. If anyone want to play affli i would recommend some antidepressant. Also prepare new keyboard and mouse if youre rage a lot. But that is how its right now. Mby in S3 it could T1 who knows but still incredibly boring to play imo. 12 tab 12 tab 12 tab…fun

2 Likes

Never claimed they were viable. I said they aren’t as bad as people, including you, are making them out to be.
And what do you mean affli has no utility, it comes with the same toolkit as destro, with infernal stun being swapped for silence on disspell.

You think affli is so terrible? Play frost DK, MM hunter, enh shaman and outlaw rogue. Then we can talk about affli being the worst spec again.

can you stop writing about stuff you obviously dont have a clue about?

2 Likes

They are however. Possibly even worse.

Actually I’d say the opposite. You think Enh, MM, Outlaw is terrible? Play affli. You have no idea how bad it is.

Free casting affli Warlock doesn’t deal competetive damage to other melee. And most of the time he’s not free casting. He’s also squishy and immobile. His fears breaks on dots.

Affli is among 3 worst specs in Skill capped tiering. Enh, MM and outlaw are all tier above it.

Neither does anyone in the infamous defensive cube lock community it would appear, because you all repeat the same non-informative lines.

I too think affliction is weak, but it’s not so bad as you claim it to be. Destruction is just a million times better, and so is its partner in crime shadow priest.

2 Likes

Well it is.

Kinda proving my point here

2 Likes

Affliction does not work against competent opponents.

1. Dispel negates all pressure.

2. It relies on multidotting, but competent enemy healer will be in loss from warlock most of the game.

3. Zero mobility vs any other class, your position will be chosen by your enemy.

4. Your CC is very weak, as it shares the spell school with damage.

5. At the same time you are very susceptible to CS and CC, as they ruin your pressure (you lose stacks).

I can probably think of other downsides, but these should suffice.

1 Like

Your denial isn’t informative either. You have even less information than us, yet you claim to know more without actually bothering to provide any reasoning or information whatsoever.

Every once in a while I’d love to have an actual discussion with you, but if you state things I haven’t done/said there’s no point really.

I don’t recall myself ever denying affliction being weak, or claiming that I know more than others.

The only actual useful line that has been said so far, is that affliction is boring and has 0 utility. Okay. Subtracting the fun factor here because it has nothing to do with viability.
I’ve already stated that affliction comes with the same toolkit as destruction, except you’ve traded infernal stun for silence on disspell. I forgot to mention Conflag root though.
They both share the same defensives as well, so there’s nothing to go at there either.

It all comes down to damage and spell schools really.

Neither did I say you deny that.
You deny that it’s as bad as we claim.

Infernal stun and silence are completely different mechanics. Silence is to offset the damage loss from dispel, to make it a bit punishing. That’s a lot different from on-demand burst.

And here your ignorance kinda shows.
No, they don’t share same defenses. All warlocks know that. Even other players not playing warlocks, but at least being decent or having some knowledge about them know that. Yet you don’t.

You have zero clue about warlock, yet you bash us, who know more about our class and actually have it at least on 120.

List them.

Also,

I’ve missed these. I’ll give you that.

This is how it should be, the problem is - its not even in this categorie good.

the spread is just horrible even if you could sustain full dots on 3 targets, they just killed affli wih their redesign.

I dont understand. I claim theyre not viable And you say theyre better then i claim. Imo there are 2 possibilities - viable or not. So basically you claim theyre viable.

Btw old ua (non stacking), haunt, shadowflame would kinda fix affli imo.