How well optimised is WOW currently?

I recently upgraded my gpu to a gtx 1060 6gb and I’m still getting sorta poor fps in zones like Boralus and etc. Outside any modern/city zones I can run settings at 10 with like 80/70fps but in Boralus it absolutely plummets. This isn’t any fault of my own, is it?

Heya Aaela,

There are many things that could impact the performance of World of Warcraft, from in-game settings to Hardware settings, or installed addons and other applications active in the background.

When you upgraded your GPU, did you use a Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the “old” drivers first? If not, it might be a good idea to do that and install the latest drivers for your new GPU afterwards.

In addition to that, have a look into the World of Warcraft Performance Issues Support article for more steps you can go through to try and improve performance.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I’ve uninstalled/installed drivers correctly and I’ve done pretty much everything on the that article. It’s not reeally a huge problem for me since the absolute lowest it’ll go is maybe 45 fps in cities but it can be annoying. I was thinking it might be something to do with poor optimisation but I don’t know too much about these things so I’m happy to be corrected