How would a war against the horde and alliance go realistically?

note, i only put it out once. once.

rest about realistics.

when you say that worgen will win aided or unaided, i put forward the goblin will fight unfairly. that’s a realistic compromise.

and if we use other sources other than books, then ‘logically’, my troll can fight and be limbless for at maximum only a mere milisecond until new limbs spawn.

do you see where im going with this?

with this supposed logic alone, i can twist things to favour either horde or alliance.

You do realize that the game of wow allows those things because of game mechanics?

It does not mean that it is indeed how it would go down.

Of course if you get hit 50 times with a mace you would die, unless you have some kind of insane restorative power, either magic or something else.

And as i said before, the argument goes both ways, if the goblin fights unfairly, the worgen could also.

im not even on about game mechanics…

chronicles state the bit about trolls lol. why are you the one telling me to read the books again?

Then that is a power of the trolls, when did i ever say be realistic with it in like, our world realistic?

Stop making this assumption.

All i am talking about is, take all the strength and weaknesses of the races, and see which of the two factions would come on top, don’t give a flying f about it being unrealistic to our world, but realistically does NOT mean, realistic to our world, get this through your thick skull.

Making a realistic assumption about something does not necessarily mean, that you have to make it realistic to our laws of reality.

dude, i dropped that several posts ago.

quit ranting.

Nice argument there.

what the hell did you want me to say?

you’re literally not reading my posts and still have this wierd assumption i’m still arguing realism.

when i’ve been talking about other things that affects the races directly on both a strategical and material perspective because you dont want to regard the lore and only their supposed strengths and weaknesses.

Alliance. Because the system is rigged in their favor.

1 Like

I tire of this 1 iq discussion with you, if you still don’t understand the question than i don’t know what to say, make your case, but from now on i will ignore you.

‘nice argument there’.

6 Likes

Yes, we should drop the dead-weights that are the blood elves who still cannot repair the Dead Scar after two decades. Let them join the Alliance, it’ll surely weigh them down like a Iron mountain. My cunning plan is flawless!

The main problem with trying to analyze such a conflict is that Blizzard has not even got the faintest idea about the numbers of either faction, which seem to vary depending on the requirements of the story’s drama.

Most of the horde races should be chronically underpopulated. The Tauren were close to extinction by the Centaurs hand; the Orcs and Trolls were nearly wiped out by murlocs and a sea witch, only for their scattered remnants to land upon Kalimdor and immediately fall into a bloody three way tribal war with quilboars, hapries and centaurs with significant homefield advantages. Then Grom’s warband fell to corruption and became super-powerful fel Orcs and a bloody civil war occured, then the desperate defense of hyjal, and that’s even before WoW began.

Yet despite it all; in just two decades; the Orcs are currently the reigning regional hegemon on Kalimdor, and supplying the mainstay of fighting bodies to the Horde’s theaters of conflict on a global scale.

We can only conclude that either the Orcs found the remnants of Thrawn’s secret cloning facility somehow transported below Durotar… or the writers lack a firm grasp on numbers.

7 Likes

Gul’dan betrayed Ner’zul during the union of the clans, Doomhammer betrayed Blackhand during First War…
You’re right, I had never thought about it =O

Hail N’zoth! :octopus:

Horde uses the Bilgewater cannon to annihilate Stormwind, steamrolling the war and winning.

Afterwards Sylvanas does the fortnite default dance ontop of the corpses she’s gonna rise.

4 Likes

Reminder that Stormwind alone dealt one of the most humiliating defeats to the Orcish Horde during the First War. The Horde army invading Stormwind was utterly annihilated by the King’s knights and pushed all the way back to the Dark Portal. This massive defeat caused infighting amongst the clans that almost tore the Horde apart. To this day, that remains one of the most humiliating defeats in the Horde’s history, as they were crushed by a single kingdom.

If the other Human kingdoms had been supporting Llane, the war would have ended much differently.

4 Likes

Don’t the Alliance outnumber the Horde heavily as well? Combine that with the Horde having way more internal struggles amongst other factors, and it should be a one sided stomp in favour of the Alliance.

2 Likes

The Horde wouldn’t win a war against a tribe of crap-smeared pygmies when the Horde leaders start rebellions like it’s a tradition. Realistically speaking of course.

you can’t “objectively” analyse the warcraft universe because there’s no consistency in blizzard’s descriptions of anything. each side is as strong or as weak as blizz needs it to be to create drama in a given narrative.

this, i think, is one of the reasons WoW’s narrative is so unsatisfying - it sets as few rules for itself as possible and ignores them whenever it suits the writers (i.e. when they want to rip off some aspect of another popular piece of media). turns out continuity doesn’t just exist to enhance a story; it serves to make the universe feel believable and consistent.

2 Likes

HOW WOULD A WAR AGAINST THE HORDE AND ALLIANCE GO REALISTICALLY?

My opinion:
What the new Horde, a bunch of ragtags, refugees united for the purpose of surviving in a World that came to hate them, win where the Horde from Gul’Dan, Blackhand and after that Orgrim Doomhammer failed ?

Arthas was in my opinion the one that got close, enough, but Archimonde got beaten, when he was trying to destroy the world tree.
A mighty force, fueled by the Legion of Sargeras, that was able to wipe Lordaeron kingdom from the face of Azeroth failed to destroy Azeroth.

That’s why I believe the conflict itself is silly.
There isn’t even comparison between both factions, how they were created and what they stand for.

Warcraft narrative only works if the Alliance has a opposition the size of Gul’Dan Horde.
One is noble the other is brutal, barbaric and savage.

WoW should concentrate on World building and adventure.
As another player stated before, Blizzard excels in small stories, but isn’t good at major plots, that’s what I think as well.

Cheers.

1 Like

Yes it is inconsistent, but that was not the point of the thread.

the point was more about making a logical assumption on how things would go looking at what was stated in the lore about the power of alliance vs horde in general, which is to look at technology, manpower, strength and weaknesses of each race etc…

Disregard the story, it does not matter here, the story here is only a source to judge how powerful the alliance and horde is, but then you were supposed to come up with your own argument besides how things went down in the story, or at least that’s what i wished for in this thread focus on what was stated about the general power of the alliance vs horde, the point is not the story, it’s another thing that iv’e explained a couple of times.