Humans from Pandaria

Hello there!

I am a beginner to wow lore and I am currently playing RP as a human who wishes to learn of Pandarian culture. Does anyone know any lore that could connect my human with Pandaria? :slight_smile:

Yes, your mother was a panda.

Come Shadowlands Humans will also get more Asianlike features as options.

Ooh wait I know…You’re Jaina and Chen Stormstout’s bastard child, considering she also had a hook up with Kalecgos, I think this is within Jaina’s pairing boundaries.

that sounds like a perfect idea! I could be their forgotten child searching for honor and glory and gold while also being a powerful leader who rules over Azeroth

@ Blunderhoof
“Yes, your mother was a panda”?

And that’s comming from a Tauren? Who were suppose to be honorable?
Not very mature and constructive now, is it?

@ Kagran,
No offense meant or anything but have you tried google?
Surely the internet has information about the Pandaren race

1 Like

I’m fighting the stereotypes that plague the Tauren race, Tyrandé.
(Not sure how Honor factors into my response though)

“I’m fighting the stereotypes that plague the Tauren race”?
Like who? Do you have an example?

1 Like

Like pretty much the new Race description as a whole…
Oh and Baine ofcourse…pretty much always Baine.

But this is about Pandas and Men, not about Tauren.

what has happened to my dear thread lol

1 Like

It’s always the Elves you know, always.

All human interactions with Pandaria are fairly recent.

Just so you have an idea, the pandaren that live in Pandaria had never seen a human until MoP (or the events that lead to it).
The mist of their island was lifted shortly after the cataclysm caused by Deathwing.
And it had been active since the WoTA, that ended when humans didn’t even exist.

If you wish for a tighter relation with Pandaria, the only way to create a more plausible background is if you rely on circumstances akin to those of a stranded soldier that grew certain fondness for said land. I recommend you take a look at characters such as Tyrathan Khort if you need inspiration for that.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tyrathan_Khort

2 Likes

You coukd spin it like this. Your Humans was part of Jainas forces who founded Theramore. Later on during your occupation as Scout/Hunter you came into contact with Chen Stormstout who was at the time in Kalimdor because he met Rexxar later on. Intrigued by his fabled tales of his supposed Homeland you decided to find this fabled land aswell.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response!

No, it doesn’t make sense. The only pandaren who left Pandaria before Mop was Chen, an ally of the Horde who only had hostile relationship with humans. At this point you should just come up with a new character concept.

Not aware of any lore myself, but stranded is a pretty good one. Or you could’ve just become infatuated after the Alliance made it’s way to Pandaria. It happens in real life all the time too right? You visit a country and fall in love with it, maybe even move there permanently.

Going the Stormstout route is possible too since he travelled all over the place, but he didn’t come from Pandaria - he’s from the Wandering Isle. Though you could’ve met him at a inn somewhere and while drinking he told you about a moving island that sounded so amazing you wanted to find it but found Pandaria instead.

definitely not me Blunderhoof lol my Paladin is level 30

1 Like

Apologies!
/ten charr

Just roll a Monk. :woman_shrugging:

Erm…no Chen is, was and always has been neutral. He will help anyone he feels is need of defence and has on many occasions been to Alliance territory and made friends with them. The Dwarves for example.

1 Like

Well, strictly technically, Chen did also kill Daelin Proudmoore.

I wonder what the Kul Tirans think about Pandaren :thinking:

Cool, now tell me when he visited human lands for a long time and bonded with humans.