Hunter Accidentally Misspelled Pet's Name

Hey there,
I’m a Night Elf Hunter, I’m quite new to this game and I’m still getting used to some technicalities. Recently I got myself, with a help of a friend, a rare pet from the horde’s territory. It took us quite long time and I was so excited to have that kind of pet for myself, that I misspelled his name when I was naming him. I thought that I was able to go to the auction house, purchase a Certificate of Ownership and change the name anytime, but this is clearly not possible in Classic.
Is there anything I can do, to be able to change his name without losing this pet or without having to go to tame myself a new one?

I don’t think you can.

The second oldest comment in Wowhead for the Certificate, which was introduced in Wrath, mentions that

I think it’s about damn time this ability was implemented. How many times have we named our pets something silly, and then wind up raiding or just later regretting the name?

You can only name your pet once. If it is a common pet (Not a long questline like for Gara or Hati), is to abandon the pet and tame a new one. Or keep the name as it is.

You could try a ticket, Blizzard may help but you shouldn’t get your hopes up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.