Hunter FD+Trap Issues BLUE POST NEEDED

FIRST OF ALL
Nobody is talking about resists. YES we know Feign Death can get resisted.
SECOND OF ALL
If you don’t have a 30+ hunter right now in classic, or have not played hunter in vanilla, or dare I say it even played hunter in vanilla private servers, don’t comment, you have no idea what you are talking about.
And frankly i find it troubling how much other people will go out of their way to deny and debunk this obviously broken interaction. As if hunters are the gods of pvp and pve and everybody wants them nerfed…
cough rogues cough mages cough warriors
THIRD
Saying “other classes are affected by this too” is absolutely wrong. No other class is affected by these huge delays as much as hunter.

Blizzard we want an official response on the state of hunter right now, in particular the incredibly unreliable feign death + trap combo.
There are probably around 20 threads right now detailing the issues with it and we have seen nothing in response. There are videos from back in the day showing how incredibly fast the combo used to be.
A lot of people are concerned about this an rightfully so, without this combo hunter becomes incredibly weak in both PvP and PvE.

55 Likes

I’m asking you (Blizzard) to either put an end to these complaints and state that it’s working fine (in your opinion) or announce that you acknowledge the problem and are in the process of fixing it.

8 Likes

It’s broken,I just hit lvl 37 and thought it was just because I was rusty. It’s not once dropped me out of combat so i can place a trap and is so sluggish the I lose more life than should be expected…

Needless to say Im lvling a mage until it’s fixed…

4 Likes

I can only confirm that is not working as in Vanilla . Same delay i see when i use Intimidation . And also i remember different color dots on the mini map when I was using track humanoids red for enemies green for allies . Lots of bugs so far for Hunter class
Edit on Intimidation thing .Your answers helped me to remember that i was using a BT and a ZG Bat back then and now i use a 2.0 AS pet . That caused my false impression .

3 Likes

Fix this bug Blizzard plz :frowning: we need trap in combat, its basic Hunter pvp combo FD+trap, without that Hunter cant win any single Melee class.

2 Likes

Allyrion i know you are frustrated but dont forger intimidation only works on the next sucessful pet attack

My god please get this working :frowning:

Agreed this is way to clunky…

We could indeed use some response over here.

Maybe if there’s that kind mpv they might know? Has anyone tried ingame the search knowledge base just in case they put something there? Or look on YouTube I’m sure I’ve seen some people with macros working.

1 Like

It’s pretty bad. And no blue post this far into all the threads makes me worry. Hopefully we will be fine in a month…

EDIT: If you’re not a 30+ hunter on classic please don’t comment on this Jesus Christ. The amount of outright false info I’ve read this past week is insane.

Doesn’t work. I’ve rerolled because it’s concerning there hasn’t even been any blue post acknowledging this, so I don’t have high hopes this will be fixed. RIP Hunters in PvP.

2 Likes

Normally you would use a macro to fd+trap. Nobody in their right mind does it manually.
Usually the macro looks something like this:
/petpassive
/cast feign death
/cast freezing trap

The issue is that combat is not dropped immedeately, meaning during that delay something can happen bringing you back into combat, be it a melee swing or something else. If you spam this macro, you can sometimes get a trap off if you are lucky.
But this shouldn’t be about luck in the first place. I hope this clears it up.

3 Likes

i do it manually and it works most of the time, the trick is ou need 2 smart keybinds for this to work i set mine on alt + scroll up for FD and /petfollow and alt /scroll down for Trap.

I distinctly remember there was a point in retail WoW (sometime after MoP) where Blizzard changed something about how FD worked and caused it to feel less instantaneous. The only way you could fully drop combat was to use “Play Dead” along with it otherwise FD wouldn’t drop combat 50%+ of the time.

I haven’t played retail in a long time so I’m unaware if they ever fixed this bug, and I know they never owned up to it when I was playing, but it makes me feel like they’ve simply implemented the modern crappy version of FD into Classic and that is the problem, as they never bothered to fix the retail version they botched.

The reason I stopped playing Hunters and WoW in general after MoP was Blizzard’s repeated abuse of the class, from ruining long established mechanics to purging half of the abilities until there was no utility or depth anymore. I’ll be extremely disappointed if they don’t fix this.

Bro there was scripts that worked instant, now they changed to only macro, WE NEVER HAD problem with this before, just stop talk something u know nothing about.This never ever in history of wow worked like this, we never had troubles with this macro in wow history.This is bug just stop.
Blizzard where is blue post about this?

I mean but he isnt wrong tho, since we are using API from legion and beyond maybe thats the issue

1 Like

FD is not blizzlike, pls fix it!

4 Likes

It’s pretty busted, anyone with half a brain can hit you again in the time it takes combat to drop, something which absolutely was not the case in vanilla when I mained a Hunter 14 years ago.

I have played alot hunter on private servers. On classic its extremely sluggish but easily doable.

You can’t fd+cc trap to stop casters from casting spells faster than 1.5 sec cast time.
Casting fd and trap takes 0.5 sec then like 1 sec before it aktivates.

You can’t turn and fdtrap at all for some reason that doesn’t seem to be an issue tho cause the trigger range of trap is bigger on classic.

I have never had anyone be able to attack me between fd and trap to prevent me from trapping… Yet. Maybe cause most are bad. Hit me up on razorgore if you wanna test