Hunter FD+Trap Issues BLUE POST NEEDED

join hunta broodas, lets report this bug

While we are here, has anyone noticed this issue? :
When a mob aggroes you, you send in your pet to hit him once or twice
You continue running cause you got places to be
After 5-10 seconds the mob switches aggro to you again

Also, lets say you start eating/drinking and send your pet in to start a fight with a mob while you regen, after you go into combat you will still continue to regen mana from the drink, however you wont gain health from food. Both buffs are still active on your buff bar. This is all happening while your pet is fighting the mob and you are just sitting idle eating and drinking.

How does this make sense? Anyone know if this is intended?

I have sometimes bug where my autoattack just stop, and i cant hit NPC until my pet kill it, and sure FD+trap is totally bugged.

2 Likes

It’s normal for Intimidation to have a delay. Your pet has to hit the target for it to happen.

Feign Death should be instant.

Yep, saw that in game too.
HP/Mana don’t regen when pet starts a fight.

BLUE POST NEEDED

Not turning is how it was in Vanilla. Why do people post about random stuff that isn’t the problem on hunter threads… The main issue is the FD Trap Delay.

Bump the issue to Blizz Heaven!
#BluePostNeeded

Yeah I’ve had numerous situations where my auto attack has frozen at the final stage (fully loaded right before the shot is about to go off, but it doesn’t), and I’ve had to reset it by moving and pressing auto attack again. Hunters feel incredibly janky in Classic.

same happens with aimed shot also
++++

too soooooonnnnn, to laaaaate .Fix it plz!

When using FD do not even dare touching your mouse. If you are just turning 1 little inch you will break FD and it will not drop you out of combat.
You will not drop combat either if you do not set your pet on passive, it will keep you in combat.
In PvP it is even worse, 90% of the fights I am in I will not be able to FD + Trap, I have completely given up on PvP because of the nature of FD in classic, and I am actually on the edge on rerolling another class…
Blizzard, please fix.

Can confirm about ALL named bugs, Blizzard. FD… Auto-shot stops… Strange pet’s pathing…What is this? Half a month since release, still many annoying bugs!

Thank you! I thought I was going mad till I saw this and similar threads. So many things seems buggy with hunters right now. From FD, to traps, auto-shots being interrupted wrongly and the weird pet behaviour (pathing, delay in following commands and so on).

Hope Blizz gets on this soon because I don’t know if I’ll bother playing this broke class come Phase 2 and PvP.

At first it was a coinflip wether I could get the combo off or not. But then I started forcing myself to take my hands off of everything except the FD+trap macro button and having a little patience while spamming the macro button for a second until I set the trap. (don’t forget to put your pet on passive&follow)

Now I can reliably get it off in (w)PvP, recognize quickly enough when FD is resisted and the trap isn’t coming and it doesn’t feel like RNG anymore.

It still feels like a clunky weird combo though with the delay and I agree Blizzard should comment on these hunter issues, but I don’t feel like it diminishes hunter’s usefulness in PVE & PVP by a significant amount. It does make it unnecessarily harder and makes players who can’t work with it a lot less effective, because of a weird delay mechanic which should have nothing to do with skill or mastery of the class.

#BluePostNeeded

1 Like

I am really curious, since when priests got FD in their toolkit?
With FD having a random delay every time which can be up to 2 seconds, you tell me, in PVP what kind of amateur does not punish u for that?This can be the difference between winning a fight and dying.How can you play down its significance?
In PVE, I agree its significance is lower , it only make you loose time when using explosive/imo traps , replace your trinkets or drinking to replenish mana. The only critical situation , which is not encountered often, is that your healer can be deleted if your response time to save him/her gets the 2 extra seconds added.

Props to this guy who took his time to upload a video showcasing how FD works on live:

1 Like

The delay is so terrible, it bugs auto shot for me regulary and aimed shot…

Feign Death should be called Certain Death. If you use it while there are other enemies in combat very close to you, even if you dropped out of combat they will start targeting and hitting you after a few seconds. Its so bad

Daily bump

BLIZZARD it’s not me, it’s you! I thought I had the wrong macro since the release and did not rly care. I was lvling. But now I literally tried all options posted by anyone and make my own versions. The FD trap does not work in combat. The in /out of combat Macro rarely works at all. The work around I had binding 4 keys for frost and freezing is just too slow. I came here for PVP, PVP does not work.

LETS REPORT THIS BUG DAILY. I WANT BLIZ TO OWN UP! I WANT TO HAVE FAITH

2 Likes