Hunter FD+Trap Issues BLUE POST NEEDED

The behaviour of FD was listed as ‘not working as intended’ by Blizz in late August - there are some very useful threads and improved Macros on Reddit

I don’t think it’s as broken as some folk believe - in fact I noticed a fair few hunters posting advice on the many threads regarding this matter where they offer some very good advice

Both pet classes seem to suffer from a delay in ‘instant cast’ effects and poor pet behaviour

The most cogent responses on the forum point out the obvious - spell batching is built into the combat engine of this version of classic - the resulting delays create undesirable outcomes

Judging by the lack of response I’d guess Blizz are aware of the community complaints but won’t be drawn out to comment until they have a defacto answer to offer

1 Like

fix please

1 Like

There are quite a few issues with Hunter and the straight up misinformation from those saying there isn’t really does not help.

Autos constantly deciding to just give up and not go off (especially on guns it’s an absolute joke), pet pathing being laughable and the well known FD+Trap issues which is NOT related to resistance.

Blizzard need to fix this but are too busy trying to keep up with layering issues they created.

1 Like

well f. this i gave up my hunter and made a mage … but that + the current state of retail also cut my appetite for playing wow in half Good Job Blizz.

Pls stop posting this nonsense. It has nothing to do with the makros you use.

See, this is what I meant about people being unable to read.

Quote:

Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being locked or deleted. If you continue to repost it you’re likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you’ll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn’t take a minute to search before posting.

“I can’t find that in forum rules” - of course you can’t find it if you don’t look for it.

So you are angry about people spamming over and over the Same topic. You know what, i can totally understand you and i am sorry for that. And you know what: we will nevertheless not stop spamming because it seems that this is the only way to get attention. In fact, the more people are getting angry about it, the more likely it is that blizz might maybe one Day respond to us. Having said this: please be angry, please be frustrated, please go nuts. Belive me, we we are more frustrated than you are. Sorry.

2 Likes

But we’re not getting angry at blizzard. We’re getting angry at the hunters. That’s a difference.

Edit: Is there an option to hide a thread from your view? Or do I have to write a javascript function I can apply to the forums page when viewing it that removes every thread that mentions feign death? :smiley:

1 Like

Thats totally ok for me as long as it helps to spread the Word. Thanks for your ongoing Support to bump the topic

1 Like

I’m only ever replying in this thread. The problem yesterday was that when you opened the class forum page it looked like this

• Hunterissue
  • FD broken
  • Hunters are broken
  • Plz fix FD
  • FD Trap not working
  • some other thread
  • It’s been 20 days and still no fix for FD
  • Hunter FD+Trap Issues BLUE POST NEEDED
  • some other thread
  • Fiegn Death not working immediately
  • Fix FD for hunters
  • FD takes too long to get you out of combat
  • some other thread
  • FD for hunters needs fixing
  • FD used to work differently

Look, I’m not against you guys getting your bug fixed but for me the forums are about communicating with other players and the bug report function in the game is for reporting bugs. What you guys were doing here yesterday was basically a small DDOS attack.

1 Like

The issue here seems to be a lack of moderation - and I agree with you that’ it just becoming highly inappropriate to keep spamming threads on the forum with exactly the same topic

You would have thought the moderator would just create a sticky amalgamating all of the posts into one thread

It isn’t like Blizz have not confirmed that Hunter has issues - they have - and they will either issue a patch or hotfix when they have one available

Hunters have my sympathy but they are abusing the forum with an unending reiteration of a known issue and it seems that the moderators have no interest in addressing the issue - which is a shame for every other class

Perhaps they could simply be given their own forum until this is resolved?

1 Like

Hahaha… one forum for every class:

• Druid
  • Hunter
  • Mage
  • Paladin
  • Priest
  • Rogue
  • Shaman
  • Warlock
  • Warrior

And one for the FD Bug:

• Hunter FD Bug
2 Likes

Yep, we’re officially useless in PvP if we get jumped first/can’t keep the enemy out of the dead zone, because FD is not taking you out of combat quick enough to get a trap down.

All we really need is for some sort of Blue confirmation that this is going to get fixed soon or that it’s a change to FD that they intended for Classic only (because it’s definitely very different to how it worked in Vanilla).

1 Like

Hmm…Em…Blizzard? No…? BLIZZARD? Still nothing. I wonder… Why aren’t they “locking or deleting” threads. Maybe…maybe you go tell them to delete all these threads about hunter issues? Oh my, do it! We will gladly take it, cause it’ll give us a sign that our dear, lovely Blizzard at least reads about this issues. Also, please, love, continue bumping our threads!

1 Like

Bump, still waiting Bliz!

Game cycles on ticks, ‘delay’ reported is working as intended.

And what we’re all asking for is for those ticks to be removed. They were not in vanilla or if they were they were definitely MUCH shorter than this. How else do you explain all those vanilla vids of hunters being able to INSTANTLY cast fd+trap, no delays, no ticks, no bs.

If they can’t do that, then they need to rework feign death and find an alternative way to make it drop you out of combat instantly. The hunter class is built in such a way that fd+trap is your main and only truly reliable defensive ability for pvp. How about we make the rogue’s “vanish” have a 2sec delay after its cast before they disappear? Do you think they will all be fine with that?

1 Like

That! 1234

2 Likes

It’s not ^