Hunter MM Unplayable in PVP

I have to say that the hunter from the class from which I derived huge satisfaction from the game now only leads to frustration. The damage that my hunter does vs all classes on the same itlvl is pathetic. Dots of other players (spriest, lock) kill me - they do not have to do anything else. The funniest thing is with a BM hunter. He will let his pet on me and he can run around the pillar himself - I can not give him any real damage and his pet eats me in a few seconds. When it comes to mele classes, I have the impression that the hunter was deprived of the ability to “run” away from the opponent. There are a few skills that are supposed to help (for example Concussive Shot, Bursting shoot, Scatter shoot) but the enemies have such skills that it does not give anything. On the other hand, no skill will save the hunter if he does not do any damage. Tar trap is already a complete joke - it does not give anything at all. The number of threads on this topic shows that this problem is real.

Players of other characters will probably say that they are crying and I can not play but people who played hunter for years know what I am talking about.
Hunter was my main for PVP from WOTLK to BFA. So please dont say to me i dont know how to play hunter.

RIP HUNTER MM - my main for many years

3 Likes

BfA MM isnt a solo spec, i only engage in combat if there is at least one other person because of how pisspoor i do on my own. We have zero survivability

Thx for your opinion. This only show that hunter MM on 1vs1 is just pathetic. I play other characters now … but really want to play hunter like earlier.
Now its not easy to find a pvp mm hunter.

???

You clearly haven’t placed 6 points into rapid fire azerite traits and specced doubletap with streamline.

If were talking damage, that is the highest damaging ability in the game right now and that includes things like greater pyro.

The alternative is to drop streamline for good old steady focus to keep a powerful constant and fast mobile attack going, possibly with the aimed shot trait.

You really think i put 1 more azerite bonus it will change everything?

I 100% agree that I need to be able to kill targets faster.
I do not have the ability to reduce their health to 0 fast enough right now.
Please give large damage buffs to allow Marksmanship to do more to defeat their enemies faster.

But dmg is fine…

Interesting. I played mm hunter since TBC and this is by far the coolest version of it. Insane range makes spec super fun to play in BGs, where I can stand far from the battle and just snipe everything down, streamline build has sick burst and spec is great for kiting.

This is the first time in WoW history when Marksman feels like a sniper/archer it should always feel like -one shot, one kill fantasy. And it’s funny you brought up BM spec as being better than marksman, because in 1v1 MM beats the crap out of BM (trap their pet, if they try to LoS you - just double tap rapid shot trough the wall, cuz why not lol).

3 Likes

Damage is fine if you’re given the opportunity to apply it. MM gameplay is too telegraphed and slow paced.

Mm might be great source of fan though. For example on wsg if you get skull and saltwater potion and add camuflage into mix you might kill efc with 2-3 shots.OR for example mm is best source of frustration for enemy team on bgs like arathi or eye strom. But mostly MM is free kill for any melee oponent

What kind of PvP content are we talking about? In a group, let’s say a random BG, they can do quite some on-demand burst-damage. If we talk purely about some 1v1 sort of duels, … mhm, 1. not sure how they perform then and 2. hard to balance a game around that.

I don’t really like their play-style atm, and well, BM seems to have an easier time keeping some pressure up while running around like a maniac. But the damage MM can do sure is fine.

I do “ok” in bg’s and mostly enjoy them. Melee have way too much up time generally though and this is the biggest cause of me getting frustrated. As you’ll know, IF you can get to range, you’ve normally used everything you have and that last cc will wear off before you get a single sniper shot or aimed shot off and they’re on you again. Rogues, DH, fury warriors, Unholy dks (cant seem to do sh1t against these in particular) is an uphill battle. Other ranged seems ok to me except possibly geared destro locks.

Skill wise, bursting shots pretty poor in its range and angle of use and tar trap could be a much bigger slow and/or greater area of effect as its useless as it is. Haven’t restarted with arenas yet but as this spec I think it’d be pointless with lack of mob’ and avoidable dmg.

I tend to have to change pvp talents to suit whether there’s a majority melee or majority ranged at the start of a bg and choose accordingly and this does help (a little) bit. Not sure whether you do this? E.g. binding shot over posthaste for primarily melee groups etc etc…I think survival instincts on a shorter cd could help re melee in between trying to get to distance but not sure how this would balance out vs other ranged.

Not sure if anyone is doing arenas to any kind of level as MM anymore?!!?

We speak about Ranked pvp, bg and War Mode is not include beacause blizzard doesn’t work on this kind of balance ( toy / usable item / potion and other thing)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.