I am salty

And if you only want to spite me then you can just leave.
I just dinged 60 on an alt and got the calling to defeat the powerful foes of < zone >
So I join the leveling dungeon for that zone and I just do my 2-button rotation because my alt is a beast master that I don’t particularly care about. Which is exactly why I join the easy leveling dungeon, I can hold my own but nobody has to expect stellar performance of me.
Or do they?
I died on last boss in Necrotic wake because I got the frost thing and then hit with some other thing (cba to look up the name) and died from it. And then I got kicked.
What kind of elitism is this even?

And I just kinda want to play my main but I am done with the chores for now and because of lack of time I don’t want to impose on a guild and then only be able to join once every full moon or something. Also my gametime is running out in about 6 weeks or so and I don’t plan on staying because while my main is fun to play and I like this game, I do not like the community. Too many people just in a rush and not willing to be patient and explain or just simply not rush.

1 Like

See I’d get that if it was a heroic dungeon or like a normal+ raid pug or m+ but a leveling dungeon?
If newbies get kicked over every mistake then how are they to learn to play the game?

3 Likes

The game is weird that way. You are supposed to be what you aspire to be, have the gear in the raid you are joining, know the tactics first hand before you ever set foot in the raid. Of course that is not possible, so people lie, deceit, cheat - and of course go on a rant over people doing so, while either at the same time doing it themselves or in some way contributing to the system. But it is all normal, and no one is talking about it, because if you do so, you are a sore loser - and no one wants those - right?

3 Likes

So true.
Right after I was kicked I joined a new instance of the same dungeon and the healer wasn’t quite healing. I didn’t ask, didn’t even check the healer’s class/spec, I just left without a word.

I don’t think it’s elitist to expect you to watch a video on tactics before you head in.

There are real people you’re playing with. Real time you’re wasting.

Just bare that in mind.

You are going in with the expectation that people will sit you through the tactics and explain them. When they could just be on for 20 minutes to level so they can get back to their lives,

Really just try and see things from the other side here.

I’m not. I’m going in with the expectation that people running a leveling dungeon (so not heroic, not m+, not even the end-game level 60 normal dungeon, but the specific leveling dungeon) will be reasonably forgiving.
Group wasn’t even wiping. Might have even killed the boss while being in queue for replacement.

Meh. Kicking in a leveling dungeon is stupid. No one was born knowing the tactics for every single boss fight. There are people who just now started playing, and you can’t blame them for not knowing, since they’re beginners. It’s not really hard to explain one tactic.

2 Likes

Alright man well good luck with it.

I’m just trying to show you that on the other end of that kick is a player who might have limited time in the day and just wanted to get in and grab their win for the day.

You don’t have to agree with it, but this has been a problem in wow since literally day one.

Having a little empathy for the other side helps.

Yeah and I’m trying to say that they probably would have gotten their win either way but now I have to run the darned dungeon all over again because I get kicked midway of the final boss and I don’t have the time to redo it too so whose time is more valuable?

Good luck bro.

Still, doesn’t take much to say avoid this, do this and we’re good. It’s way easier than kicking someone, then waiting for someone new to join, when you really could’ve downed the boss if you only just gave it another try.

Dude, it’s a normal dungeon. Get off your high horse.

I’d understandably be pissed if somebody like the OP joined my +8 Mythic keystone group, because I expect anybody participating to have at least a working knowledge of how each encounter works.

If you’re expecting stellar performance and raid level numbers from a normal group, you are part of the toxic cesspool that is killing this game.

3 Likes

not treu some of use just be done lvl for new alt cant heve player like thet keep hold use back burden not help

Yeah - but the empathy goes both ways. Yes absolutely, you should do your homework, but going through one dungeon after the other, we all know, that the best way to learn does include experiencing it first hand, or?

Personally I find OP to point at something different, though: The dominance of the least common denominator, but that is just my unpopular opinion.

This. It’s normal. Same for heroic. It’s a bit of a sandbox for people learning, expect people to be a bit crap. Besides in SL there’ll often be a big boy to help out anyway, and as I am often one of those, I really don’t mind.

It is a good idea to play on launch day. Instead of kicking me, players taught me what to do, like aiming the hook at Stichflesh, not instantly dispelling the root, they were more lenient. And then I can’t unlearn it, so I don’t make the mistake again. Also, I am the healer, perhaps that helps.

1 Like

and wat point no 1 care feel like kick will kick u always hes always will grow ticker skin

I mean, you should know the tactics before going in the raid. No-one’s looking to sit there wiping for an hour on an easy boss because people didn’t check the strats beforehand.

Anyway, for OP, you’re not the first who has been kicked from a leveling dungeon. Rather than dwell on it, it would be better to move on.

I cannot believe people in this thread are advising to look up tactics for a normal mode dungeon lmao.

I’m not dwelling on it. It makes me smile to read people agree with me, gives me just a tiny bit of faith in the playerbase. Might even try a dungeon again on my hunter-alt.

I will forever refuse to look up tactics for normal difficulty leveling dungeons as long as players that outgear it demand the less-experienced player to keep up without question. Stay out of the easy content if you have no patience for inexperienced co-players.