I bet blizzard runs boost sites

It could be relevant if there’s no correlation between the 2 data sets(that’s a big if though).

You can find data that’ll show you activity in the rated PvP ladder. WoWprogress manages to find how many characters entered the raid on at least heroic too, I think. RIO could possibly use the dungeon completion API to see how many characters completed a key in some way or another.

But then… even if you get all that, there’s more or less no way to estimate sub numbers based on that. Not only people have more than one char, but there’s also going to be overlaps between all of these three groups, and then there’s also more casual players who remain subbed but don’t touch the more difficult content.

I’m afraid that API magic won’t do much there if Blizzard themselves do not want to share sub numbers.

1 Like

Not everyone lives in a paranoid fantasy world where it is ok to accuse people of doing shady things without any proof whatsoever. And no, your feelings aren’t proof. This is why I despise conspiratards.

They are “Entitled” because they think the best gear should only come from hard work, commitment and dedication to the game and it’s content.

Boosts open up the game more so that every one can have access to decent gear.

But people want to remove boosts just because they don’t want “Low players” to get the same gear as the elite.

Thus why i call people who want to remove the boosts and keep all the gear for themselves.

The “Entitled elite”

The only entitled people here are the ones who want high end gear while not doing that content, in reference to PvE. Maybe you could ask Blizzard to mail you BiS gear when you log in?

1 Like

boosting has increased, boting has increase. We are not talking about feelings here, but facts.
Blizz do not fight the problem, but encourages it.
Create the problem sell solution. Basic rule, pal.

Except for those bot banwaves that happen a few times a year on average. But I guess you’re pretty clueless about what is the best way to combat that problem and how hard it is. Botting, as far as I can see it, is way down from what it used to be.

When it comes to boosting, it’s always been alowed for gold.

There is no shady conspiracy, that’s all in your paranoid head.

Doubt that would work.

But i have been making suggestions how to adding gear in some way to the cash shop.

Hopefully they will take it into consideration :slight_smile:

That will (hopefully) never happen. If I’m wrong, then I’m out.

nah, stick your head out of cave.
There are loads of solutions. Im not paranoid fella, calm down with your diagnosis

Please do share those solutions, mr armchair expert.

Just one more reason to want it then.

I bet blizzard runs boost sites

Well yes, it is called “WoW’s cash shop”.

Pretty sure that most of the playerbase is not gonna accept gear on the cash shop. Congratulations with your single player game then.

Retail whales are ready for it. The excuse is easy to find : “FFXIV does it already and people say this game is good init?”

Just few quick ones so you start grasp something.

Lets put aside that they do not have money to tackle problems. What was activision earnings? 4-6 billion each year? not sure about this one, google it.

Bots - Get active GM’s monitoring servers. No need IT pro, high salary. 1 GM per 10 servers or whatever.

Boosting - infiltrate into boosting community. Ban sellers perma, buyers temp.
Software that triggers big gold trades, out of norm AH sales ( grey mud stone = 50k or smth)
If would have to sit down and think about it properly, could add more.

Method prev raid leader admitted they bought gold for irl money, still not banned. Good old double standards.

That’s not how you combat bots. The moment botmakers are aware that their software is detected, it gets updated. The majority of botters don’t give a damn if they get caught, they’ll just buy new starter accounts. That is why banwaves happen.

Boosting for gold isn’t illegal, it’s always been accepted in this game. Boosting for IRL money is a thing though and that should come with a permaban (if im correct such things happen)

Active GMs, not software . Few reports = GM teleports to bot- ask simple question 2+ 2? teleport a bit around ect.
We are talking about real cash services what providing those boosting services and yeah they sell gold to goldsellers.
And no they do not ban, when you report spamming cash service seller, its just disappears for some time from your view. 1 monk from ‘‘NOVA’’ spamming in oribos, since shadowlands launch. They even created that spammer just disappears from YOUR view for few hours or smth :smiley:

The problem here is that Blizzard needs to have hard proof that such has happened. Someone saying something isn’t hard proof.