I can get 5 masks in horrific visions?

I am two scared to try the new extra hard zones in visions… My ilvl is ok i guess but I am failure-fopic and feel very stressed about trying it :frowning:

1 Like

:thinking: Is this just a bragging thread?

You’re overgeared for visions. Just do them. :man_shrugging:

I am just scared, why would I brag about 10 level cloak :frowning:

your gear is good. Your shroud is a bit low though so you might find Sanity an issue. But to be honest, you should be able to clear one of the harder zones, no problem.

3 Likes

It’s a game. If you’re THAT scared of a game, you have bigger issues that you should maybe get some professional help for. Sorry to say.

You should seek help for trolling every topic. Sorry to say that.

You’ll never know unless you try! You can look at some guides and videos for your class to get a better idea of what talents and essences to use. You can even bring tomes to change talents during the vision. I’d recommend using the Ghostly Goulash food to give you constant heals. Also try to get to the Elite Extermination and Gift of the Titans talents on Mother’s research tree as soon as possible - they help a lot!

Best advice is to not rush and don’t panic. Maybe just go for one lost area first and see how it goes?

2 Likes

Your cloak is Rank 10?

There is no rush. You haven’t even got to a full clear yet, and only after a full clear do you start masks.

The trait Elite Extermination is really the key to completing Visions. I don’t know whether you have that yet. People often get it aound Rank 10. Once you have it, things start getting easier.

You can do the hard zones one at a time if you like. This week, Orgrimmar, the Valley of Spirits is very straightforward. You can get there without going through any of the other zones. Keep killing stuff until the boss comes out, then kill him too, and that will leave you time to consider doing other zones and/or Thrall.

There are several guides on YouTube that detail various tips for each class. Just try Valley of Spirits to get one quest item, at least. What do you have to lose, except one Vessel? And then, if you find you have time, you can try for the other one. :slight_smile: And if you find you don’t have time, at least you will have some more Mementos towards your next trait, and you can get the other quest item in a separate run.

Is not legit advice. Not everyone approaches these things the same way. There is a point in Visions, especially if you haven’t done hours of homework watching vods and taking notes, when it seems like it’s just getting harder every time. There is no way to know that after about R10 with Elite Extermination, they start getting easier.

2 Likes

Anxiety is a thing.
Don’t be quick to judge.

My advice would be to play what you enjoy.
If that content is detrimental to that then do not do it, or find someone that can do it with you that you enjoy playing with and eleviate the stress.

4 Likes

If you haven’t already, maybe try one mask, the two masks, then three etc

I’ve avoided doing masked runs myself as well for quite a while and only started when I wanted to grind sockets. Now, couple of weeks later, I can do 5 masks without using a single sanity orb

I forgot to mention - you don’t need to do the lost areas for the upgrade quests until you’re rank 11 and need to do a single lost area to upgrade to rank 12. Just because you see other people doing full clear or masked runs crazy early doesn’t mean that you’re expected to or that you’re bad if you don’t.

this used to be the case. But if you want to go 10-11 in one single run, you have to clear the lost areas. Otherwise, it’s two runs (so yes, you don’t necessarily need the lost areas. It’s just more efficient if you manage)

Not gonna lie, im also hella intimidated by doing the rest of the harder zones xD

Yep, absolutely true! If you have a friend with a maxed out cloak, they can run you through the vision (and help Res you if you run out of sanity) which is also a good way to see the lost areas without being as overwhelmed as you might be when on your own

Don’t be.

It gets so much easier. It’s all uphill until about R10/Elite Extermination, and then suddenly you’re past the peak, and it becomes so much easier. The sanity loss reduction alone with cloak rank is huge, and that boost to your sanity at every milestone makes a massive difference.

Eating the buff foods - usually

to make yourself nearly unkillable - is worth doing. As a hunter, if you’re going petless as MM, that will probably be the one you want.

1 Like

Will give it a shot over the weekend again. :beer:

1 Like

I also feel a bit anxious about the visions, especially with the masks. I don’t like failing things so for now just doing a full clear without the mask to get all the research done. Getting Elite Extermination really made a difference.

3 Likes

Same, even though i cleared it many times at this point on multiple character. I don’t think that vision is a well designed content. Not because its too challenging but its way too stressful because of the timer, the lack of control over your character, the situations where there are no solutions and you just have to watch your character getting feared because you were surrounded by Split personality in a place where your exit was covered by a wall and many other simply unfortunate situation.

3 Likes

Good post :slight_smile:
I think OP is already further in their anxiety management by openly posting about the issue and asking for help. Shows they’re getting ready to take the hurdle regardless of the stress.

It’s good to see people online who seem to understand these issues - most people just don’t seem to be able to grasp that this is as much a problem in a game as it is IRL.

2 Likes