I can't believe how naive the most popular youtubers are

I see. I don’t actively follow or watch any of them so I wasn’t completely sure. I just hate seeing threads like this where most of the opinions are simply based on hating them for the sake of hate and a lot of misinformation and misinterpretaion.

I was already brought up while 9.1 was still on the PTR. Most of the testers had issues with the amount of stygia that could be farmed especially since stygia would be tied to alt catchup gear and the Korthia token lottery.

It should not have been needed to do a 50% increase to get to the current level of stygia, but rather just a 20% increase. Stygia was too low at launch and people lost interest because of it. They are only trying to get players to come back with the 50% increase. I guess Korthia is not as much fun as they thought especially if you have lots of alts.

Thats common here. Always was. Always will. Asmongold got mainly hate because his fanbase is the definition of toxicity. And he did a lot of toxic stuff himself in the past. And given Square Enix’ zero tolerance on toxicity this sparked what we have currently.

Also that one president in question is also streaming which adds to it drawing attention from other streamers like asmongold.

Troll harder.

You definitely sound like someone worth listening to with such high communication skills and standards.

2 Likes

all youtubers will be playing new world :rofl:

Yes it’s pretty obvious. You are probably fooled by a marketing trick. When gaming companies change ANYTHING this will ALWAYS portray it as something “amazing they did for the players” when obviously the catch-up mechanics are by design since they are EXPECTED BY EVERYONE TO BE DONE ANYWAY (by anyone that follows the game for a while and gets it at least).

I know who you are talking about and I disagree with you.

The point the youtuber was making is it should not be DESIGNED to crap on the player to grind out stygia. Games are not meant to be second job.

1 Like

FF14 IS NOT HYPED (in the GENERAL gaming community). This is ironically A WARCRAFT meme because of asmon and others attacking the game design (for legit reasons a lot of the time but still).
FF14 is literally not even in the top 10 popular games!

Most youtubers are friend simulators. They are not there to inform you about anything since almost everything they say you can derive it yourself (and a lot of the time better than them). They are there to give you the delusion that you have friends around while watching them and that is proven by the fact almost ALL of them use COMEDY and other entertainment so information is definitely NOT their goal.

And now you tell me where you didnt grasp the concept that this was in regards of the WoW community and not overall. Also lets ignore the fact that FFXIV is one of the top mmorpgs in general but whatever floats your boat.

You honestly sounds like you’re just desperate to see yourself as someone who’s figured out the truth, or someone with some sort of secret knowledge that others don’t. The way you talk down to other people, how you capitalize words and entire sentences, how you present your misguided opinions as fact. Even after multiple people explained to you that you’re wrong, misunderstood the point, and what the point actually is, you just keep repeating yourself.

You took a statement from a person, misunderstood the point, made into something it’s not even meant to be, and came here to present it to us as if you know better.

Inb4 you call this ad hominem.

No jokes allowed, I guess? As if it’s not possible to convey information while also using comedy. And about the “friend” argument… what are you even on about? How do you even get to those ideas without stopping for a second to realize how ridiculous you sound?

do you really just live on these forums trying to get negative responses out of people all day?

you must live a horrible, dull and uninspired life to be as jaded as you are.

1 Like

Well I did assume that Anima would be increased as the cost of things compared to how much we got for a WQ was not a viable status quo.
But I don’t always assume that a currency will be increased as it doesn’t always happen. In fact I think it’s rarer to have happen than not.

You pretend to be some kind of savant, and then you drop another fallacy: the bandwagon fallacy.
Nobody should care that you are more at being wrong: more never means right.

Catch-up systems, accelerating resource gain after some time, etc. are all bad ways of addressing bad systems. Catch-up systems essentially reward not playing the game. No online game should have catch-up systems ever.

The way most MMOs solve this issue is by having server-wide progression. That maybe the overall gear progression of the population, which allows newer players to skip entire parts of the gearing. Or if an MMO has something like the Covenants, the progression within that system is server-wide, and maybe the player has some individual progression within that server-wide progression, that is never accelerated. And systems are designed to stay, not to be deleted in 3 months.

I don’t think they “address” anything when they do those things. The resources are obviously hard to get on the first weeks after a launch because the content is both little and new so most people either don’t care (yet) or they like the content (still).
If you ask me if the grinding is hypetrophied in this game: it obviously is: it sellls monthly fees easier.

John Cena has some wise words for you in response to that.

Yes it is, have you been on ESO or any other online MMORPG lately? Though yeah, people are choosing WoW spaces to consistently talk about it for whatever reason because they can’t seem to leave WoW behind.

Sort of yes, depends on the catch-up system and what you mean by that. TBC and other expacs had sorts of ‘catch-up systems’ for alts but it was mostly related to gear and eventually rep which I think was good. But then resource gains and anything else gained then felt more sustained and achievable, in SL stuff felt so unachievable from the start or too hard of a grind that I opted to not even try until later when it became much easier. Then I went and got 55 renown doing comp stomp so I never have to worry about trying to unlock flying as much as I hate SL.

It’s still in the little bubble of mmo-talk. WoW has fallen below the top 10 of gaming recently and ff14 was NEVER above it before then (e.g. search “Most popular games (2004 - 2020)” youtube video) and generally ff14 is definitely not even in the radar of people talking about ALL genres.
If anything this smells more like a MARKETING scheme from the ff14 side than a genuine natural rise of it.

WoW hasn’t been in the top 10 games for a long, long time. Keep in mind that these “popularity” contests aren’t an indication of a game’s success with gamers, but rather the success of a game’s marketing. WoW is marketed hard in the mainstream. FFXIV is not. There are many games that remain kinda unnoticed and are shockingly giant. In fact, I’d argue the fact that FFXIV doesn’t go for mainstream appeal is why it can be so good.

“Long long time”. It’s been like 2-3 years only or like 1-2 expansions max (that’s a VERY short time if you’re not very young).
Your shilling of ff14 is irrelevant; it’s what’s going on that matters; almost NOBODY outside mmos mentions it.