I don't know how to play SV

In order for bombs to be effective, how should I position myself when I face a group of mobs, since bombs are dealing damage in a cone.

Is a good idea to make the bombs have a radius instead a cone?

It has a radius + cone. The radius is not that big, but plenty eniugh to hit the pack

Didn’t know it has a radius already. Are you sure you’re not speaking about the trait that lais down adițional little bombs?

With this current shallow iteration there are only 3 questions you need to know to do damage as SV:

Have you used Raptor strike?
When are you going to use raptor strike?
Why have you not used raptor strike yet?

So long as your answers are yes, now and I’m about to then you will do damage.

1 Like

About as complex as you get in BFA.

All you need to know on how to play Surv
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/survival-hunter-pve-dps-guide

First start for you OP is to sort out your traits and talents though, you’ve done some, urh, questionable choices.

That is not a very good guide… why the hell would you devalue mastery, the highest gain in damage for your only relevant ability: raptor strike?

Simply because other stats scale better

I mean maybe if you read the guide you’d understand why Mastery is terrible for Surv :woman_shrugging:

This type of opinion is why blizzard dumb specs down every expansion

2 Likes

no, the specs get dumbed down because someone makes a dumb guide that tells you the stupid way to play the spec and then everyone blindly follows that guide, to which blizzard then assume that is how that particular spec wants to play.

Why do you think survival got gimped so badly this expansion? The answer, raptor strike.

Because nobody played the spec

What guides are you referring to? Because the well known guides such as icyveins are the most up to date and reliable guides out there.

Literally nobody has used raptor strike this entire expansion I have no idea what you are even trying to say. Mongoose bite has been optimal since pre-uldir.

Just take flanking strike… it lets you use raptor strike, i tought that would be obvious, just take all the talens that don’t interfere with you spamming raptor strike and you will do good damage

There is simply nothing else to think about, if it lets you raptor strike then it is good, if it lowers your number of raptor strikes then it is bad.

:joy: sure mr. barely did normal content.

Anyway every specc has been dumbed down due to pruning, as lot of folk complained about too many buttons and devs listened to them. Has absolutely nothing to do with the folk who write the guide(s).

You are so terribly wrong in just about every way that it hurts. Just checked and you are unironically using Flanking strike and gemming mastery, wow.

I’m all for you playing whatever you want to play but don’t go around telling people that your sub-optimal way of playing is correct.

Just reroll BM

Claiming that something is numerically the best pick is fine as long as you can back it up with anything that proves why that is the case.

If you/he can’t show why the claim is in fact the optimal pick then go for guides such as Icy Veins etc.

Theoretical performance is numbers and design(with assumed optimal execution), nothing else.
Only one of the above can be the best pick in general.

It is more optimal because it drastically increases your durability while maintaining pretty much all of the damage, for that reason, even if it was 5% lower in damage, it would still be far better.

I can see your reasoning in 2 places. Pvp and progression. But when content is on farm, you use your best build to finish faster

Then again… Who am I to judge? Most of the bfa I was not using mongoose because I did not like to think too much :stuck_out_tongue: