I don't know what to do next

Hi, I just returned afer couple month break from WoW and now I’m kinda lost what to do next content wise. I’m almost lvl 70 and I’ve done questing and dungeons, before I took my break I was questing Burning Crusade expansion and now I’m kinda bored of BC.
Does anyone have tips or advice what to do next at this lvl? I wanna know story of World of Warcraft but questing has become tiresome.

The story of Warcraft is far bigger than the game.

World of Warcraft the game covers about 8 years in a history of more than 10,000. There were Warcraft games before WoW, and there are several novels covering events outside the game.

The whole story is a big undertaking.

What the game of WoW offers is a set of smaller stories. As you level, each zone has its own local story, that you discover by questing. Mostly the payoff to the story of each zone comes when you have completed all or almost all of the quests in a zone.

Each continent (expansion) has its own story too, starting in Wrath, made up from the stories of the zones within it. TBC does have a story, but it is not nearly as well knitted together, and most of it does not become apparent until you do the raids and dungeons of the TBC end-game.

I would suggest you move on to Wrath for questing, which you can do right now.

You can go back to Orgrimmar and take the Zeppelin to Borean Tundra.

You can go to Undercity and take the portal on the Zeppelin tower to Howling Fjord.

Of the two, most people prefer Howling Fjord, I think. You can, of course, go to Borean Tundra and just fly to Howling Fjord as well.

Questing is smoother and more integrated with the stories in Wrath, and may provide a change for you. Everything in Wrath (except Storm Peaks, which starts a different story) is about how the Lich King and the Scourge have threatened the place, which provides a more cohesive sense of story.

You can also do dungeons, as you have done, and if you’re interested in PvP, you can queue for a random battleground. That’s about it for your current options while levelling.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer! Yeah, I should start wrath if questing is smoother. Does wrath connect to Warcraft III anyway? I’ve never played it so I don’t know.

Wrath is all about Arthas, who was a major character in Warcraft III, and central in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Arthas has bexome The Lich King, and his Scourge are a major force all over Northrend. He puts in several cameo appearances while questing, and one in a dungeon, Utgarde Keep.

Wrath endgame includes the raid of Icecrown Citadel, where The Lich King is defeated, but sadly you won’t get to see it while levelling, because people don’t make raids for old endgame instances. You can go back and solo it when you get to a higher level, though.

1 Like

Okay, I guess I’ll start Warcraft III and hop on wrath after that. Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

You do realise that W3 is a separate game you have to buy? I like story, and Wrath did it better than any other expansion, IMO, but getting WIII to enter Wrath is going above and beyond. :slight_smile:

If you don’t already have them, the Reforged edition is in the Shop, here:

Yes, I realise, I already own classic version of Warcraft III but I’ve never played it. I don’t mind changing to different game to get them story bits. I like rts so it won’t be a shock jump from wow to w3.

OK. Enjoy! :smiley:

You could do pvp or dungeons.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.