I don't like Vanilla, but there's one thing Classic has going for it

Mounts.
In Vanilla, everyone is riding a horse or a wolf. Simple, normal mounts.

Something I really dislike about retail is how, in your capital city or battleground, you have 15 people each on a massive dragon or some big mount with lots of flashy particle effects.

Too bad that in Vanilla, everyone also happens to look like they’re wearing a cheap, makeshift halloween costume.

3 Likes

I actually agree… to a point. I have so many mounts I never use and never will and over half are ridiculous. I’d prefer up to date models of old racial mounts than silly big things. Having said that, I do like getting special mounts from old raids or questlines.

I would hate to be limited like they are in Classic. I love having a wide variety of mounts at my disposal and in various shapes and sizes.

I understand why you want what you want, I just don’t share that opinion myself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I usually use the old Outland standard flying mount or the black one you got for introducing a friend to WoW . Why? Because they’re small and nimble. :paw_prints:

Another thing, - there should be a way to turn of the flappy wing noise. So irritating. Although, nowadays I turn the sound off when I’m playing and listen to TalkRADIO instead!

2 Likes

The mounts are more about collecting than using.

I actually like the collecting part.

Even though, i’m basically using Invincible 99% of the time.

3 Likes

Yep, the variety of mounts is almost as small as the variety of viable specs.

3 Likes

Auto Dismount in Capital cities after 5 seconds of being idle.
Remove flying from capital city zones

3 Likes

Welk u got what u name yourself. Worst Idea i ever Saw.

Let people have fun.

What if person A’s idea of having fun directly harms person B’s fun?

He should play more single player games.

Ah the daily Rompuche/Goody/Chexpir troll post .

Then person B needs to ask themselves if there is a legitimate reason why their version of fun is more important than person As, particularly if there is a lot more people in the A group than the B group.

This is like the flying arguments. “I don’t like flying” “so don’t” “no I mean I don’t like that others can fly”.
The difference is person A isn’t asking person B to change anything, perhaps beyond their tolerance of who they view others who prefer different things. Person B is expecting person A to change their behaviour to suit them. There’s a difference.

Who would you call the more reasonable? The person, whom upon noticing their friend doesn’t like the fact everyone else in the restaurant is eating fish, tells their companion “just focus on your meal, that’s what matters right?” Or the offended friend in question who demands everyone else stops eating fish?

1 Like

You miss the part where person B had to endure changes without being asked first though.

Let’s keep the restaurant analogy.
Imagine you ordered your fish, you’re enjoying it, but then your friend asks for sauce and the waiter starts spewing the sauce on YOUR meal, even though you didn’t ask for it and you frankly hate it.
Would it be unreasonable for you to ask for an unaltered iteration of your meal?

It’s going to be complicated if this person’s main hobby is PvP, and if he also happens to dislike the 5 button gameplay of MOBA games.

Then they are playing the wrong game then as WOW is more a PVE game with a pvp sideline and most of all its a fantasy game where anytype of mount is allowed . Sick and tired of the troll posts on the forum if people are not happy just quit the game and stop making so much negativity around here .

I agree.

There’s somethign to be said for suspension of disbelief here. Certain cultures and mounts just… belong together. And nobody should be flying on a transparent squid-brain.

Every patch has to bring in some 200 new mounts, at some point you run out of horse variations.

I do think there’s too many mounts in WoW.

1 Like

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Player_vs._Player#cite_note-3
“Despite the many forms of PvP gameplay available in World of Warcraft , it is often considered a ‘niche’ part of the game. However, according to Senior PvP Designer Brian Holinka in July 2014, this is not the case. In the US and EU regions, as many players or more participate in random battlegrounds as LFR ; as many in 2v2 Arena as normal mode raiding; and as many in 3v3 Arena as in heroic mode raiding.”

Here is the thing though.

Your topic is less about PvP and more about asking people to comfort to your standart. While it is easy to equate those for the sake of logical falacy, one should not.

You do not have the power to demand of others how to express themself and you never should. Your classic example is also based on the premise that everyone uses A or B, but this is simply not true either. Classic players usually start with the faction mount as it is the cheapest, but a badge of prestige is using other mounts, including the tiger and raptor.

Soon after he quit as PVP lead and numbers of players PVE >PVP are vastly different .That was 6 years ago when we had a decent number of subs compared to 2020 and the topic is about mounts which anyone can use and earn its just another troll post .