I got Permaban for no reason

Both games because this is the same subscription. It seem if you get a ban on Retail or Classic, you get ban on both games.

Considering that the reason for the ban has something to do with RMT, no mention of layering or layer anything, if it is a mistake and they do happen, especially in a new incarnation of a game, I hope you get your account back and if that is the case, at the very least an apology from Blizzard. :slight_smile:

Yep Inenta usually when you get a ban it affects all Blizzard games on that account, I had a similar problem back in 2011/2012 someone hacked my account and I logged on after a bit of a break to find that my account was, I think they used the term Locked back then I rang them up explained the situation, my account was unlocked and I set a much stronger password, since then I have had no issues, oh and the customer service advisor was very apologetic about the whole thing, Eldrai I don’t know why people are fixated on this layer abuse thing as that has nothing to do with the ban you received.

So there will be a wave of bans if this is why.

That’s a low amount of gold to hit 60 with. You get more than that just questing to 60.

Hmmm, interesting Perm ban for borrowing 50 gold

Like i said previously, tonight, i send 20g from my alt (Macroneee) to my main (Arialpew). That gold was acquired by selling BoE green on AH from my 1-60 leveling. I sended all green BoE from my main to my alt while leveling, then sold them while leveling, and after 60 i sended back the gold to my main.

I think they will be on high alert as goldsellers will be making gold for rmt… could be a false positive?

This is why the token should come to classic, for a much much smaller amount of gold and with a limit on purchase amount… and useable for gold only.

1 Like

Another permaban on US Forum : https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wrongful-account-banning/294687

So for now, 4 people (1x US, 3x EU) were ban and posted on forums, all of theses guys claiming innocence.

I don’t see the point why we are all “lying” to Blizzard to recover our account. If you do something wrong, you assume error. If you haven’t done anything, it’s fair to complain about a non-valid permaban.

1 Like

It looks like they are so concerned about RMT they have set their detection software to max, it’s starting to look more and more like a false positive.

4 Likes

And another person who can’t read. What is up with you all?

2 Likes

Maybe because they bought/sold gold for real money / RMT?

You don’t just get banned for literally NO reason.

If you sell or buy golds / items by Real-Money in WoW Classic :

• It’s done by direct trade, Blizzard can verifiy i never traded more than 50 silver (Rogue tips for Lockpicking my chest), i never gave gear on anyone since level 1.

• It’s done by Auction House, Blizzard can verifiy i never sold and items and then someone bought my items, for insane amount of golds.

• It’s done by mail, and i never send or received a mail in the game, except my OWN alt that are in the SAME Blizzard WoW Account.

There’s no others way to “trade or sell” something (golds or items) if i’m not wrong, so it’s 100% verifiable.

So, there’es no RMT in my case. I don’t know for the others, but frankly i doubt anyone will start to do “RMT” 2 week after launch where most of people aren’t 60 and have low golds income / low herbs-mining-skinning skill because most people prioritize dungeon to get lvl faster, and don’t care about crafting before level 60.

And of course, i never had doing “buy gold” “sell golds” “buy items for money” in Retail because i don’t play Retail anymore and when i played Retail, i bought token like most people do if i need golds that i can’t farm by myself …

Or maybe, it is a false positive, mine was, Blizzard detected that my account had been hacked, but actually it never was used for anything, all of my stuff was still on all 18 of my chars I had back then, after further investigation, there had been no attempt to use my account for anything, finally it looked like someone other than me had logged into my account had a look around and then left never to return, I changed my password to a much stronger one problem was solved, I even thanked Blizzard for being so diligent :slight_smile:
I think that it was some hacker just scanning WoW accounts to harvest usernames and passwords to sell to the highest bidder.

I used very similar tools to pen test my websites to make sure that they were secure before I handed them over to my clients back in the day :slight_smile:

Teach me to read then mate.

You are jumping in the conversation 2 hours later, blaming people for not to be able to read without any quote. I am still waiting from you to teach me how to read.

How long was your account inactive for, though? not all of these cases of people being perma banned (even on Classic) are “false positives” mind you.

If you had actually taken the time to read the OP, then you would have known the reason, since it is written in the email from Blizzard. And now I have to quote it?

In my case about, a year, I was busy with other projects so didn’t have the time to pay for my subscription when it happened my account was in a frozen status, When I had completed my projects I paid for another three months of game play and that was when I discovered the problem after that the account was restored during my conversation with the customer advisor, all I had to do was set a new password and I could go straight back in-game, that is when I checked all my chars and found nothing was missing from any of them, called back Blizzard and confirmed that nothing had gone missing, they were relieved, as was I and back to business

I have every right to interpret it how I see. It is your opinion you think I misunderstand him. I suggest you focus on the OP not the people who are commenting here, and also I don’t have time for getting into some meaningless conversation a person from one of the worst realms of retail.

Either he sold items with real money or manipulated the economy with layer hoping, he got what he deserves. It is not me to judge but Blizzard. Next time try to put your own opinion on the OP, like many others do. You are not gonna change anyone else’s opinions. If you begin to be offensive, you take the consequences.

Ah, here come the petty insults. I guess for some people it’s just a bit too much to admit they are wrong when they have to resort to these petty insults which also even have nothing to do with it at all.

And no it is not an opinion as Blizzard themselves state that the ban is a result of real life money involvement. You’re just making stuff up.