I have never had such a long queue for headless horseman

its so sad. its the biggest testament of how small the population got compared to previous years.

5 Likes

It’s almost always instant for me, but I’m a healer. :sunglasses:

It really isn’t that long, it took 2 mins as a dps.

3 Likes

it used to be like 30 secs max. even faster.
and it took me like 3-4 mintues.

2 Likes

always been the same as dps 3 to 4 mins both horde and allaince its only instant as tank and healer .

2 Likes

there is no need to get to details. so it was longer than 3-4 minutes. it was still a long time compared to previous years.

But it is not though i have not noticed a change at all espically as dps

4 Likes

I do them almost straight after reset in the morning and it’s about 5 minutes for both alli & horde which is no different to the past so far as my dps are concerned.

2 Likes

I got instant queues at 4am this morning. I play Alliance.

Hey wushu, how’s New World?

1 Like

8 chars, all dps.

2 Likes

less than 30 second queues this evening on my DPS (Horde)

1 Like

I have waited about 10 minutes as DPS, but this bad queue time happens during night when fewest players are online.

2 Likes

Holy cheese! That long? I wouldn’t know what to do with myself :open_mouth: That’s just an outrageous amount of time.

3 Likes

you do realise… less players means faster queues ??

because limited instances… higher demand longer queues

only time long queues would mean the game is dying is when there is only a handful of people left.

i would argue the queues are a few mins longer right now because more people are doing the event… because they got nothing better to do. (waiting for content)

Are you sure the number of instances nowadays reaches it’s limit? I haven’t heard of any tank/healer who had to wait longer than what it takes the group finder to find the missing healer/tank. This tells me that this upper limit haven’t been reached, thus the reason why queues have waiting times is solely due to role imbalance and too many queueing DPS’.

1 Like

It is a pointless mount chase that might be why alongside lower player count.

that is because there is always less tanks and healers then dps…

and dps cannot fill those roles…

so the spots just stay empty for the next one to come along to take it…

if you read what i said i actually said the limit isnt reached… if it was the queues would be longer.

the queue is only a few mins because of the low volume of people doing it… but it is slightly longer than previous years because more people are doing it this year… not because less people are.

Oh, it wasn’t so clear that this was what you meant.

yea it feels backwards even when i explain it…

less people faster…

more people slower

seems odd but that is how queues work.

basically… if u get a hour queue for dungeon it could mean two things…

1. there is a lot of dps queued for the dungeon but lack of tanks and healers (healthy game)

2. you are playing at silly o’clock and most people are sleeping(no players)

if u get “2” during the peak game times… then you can claim the game might be dying.

not a great way to tell if the game is dying though honestly.

And it is by arguing this way you also intentionally implies that the reason for our queue times is this maximum number of instances. The logic is fine, but it implies that what the logic describes is the current situation.
Let’s read your post once more:

Yes, this is indeed an apparent unintended implication, because I read this as you think we are at the max limit of instances nowadays.

Anyways, the queues nowadays isn’t affected by too few players, but rather role imbalance. It doesn’t matter if the number of queueing players is 10 or 1000 as long as the role distribution is unchanged. There would be no queue time if the role ratio was 1:1:3, meanwhile the queue times would be very long if the ration was 1:1:20.