I have to play Kyrian and I hate it

I was going through multiple classes and spec, what they be like in Shadowlands. Everyone of them should be joining Kyrian for PvE content. The one covenant I want to join least.

The impact of choosing covenant is so insanely significant for your character power. I already had to limit myself in class choice because of content I spend most time in. Now I have to further limit myself in choosing covenant.

I still think that the player power shouldn’t be tied to covenant, but it is what it is.
Imagine you have a variety of main covenant abilities. Such as, that I can have a choice between 3 main covenant abilities I join in. AoE, ST and whatever. It could even be non-swapable locked in choice (unless you swap covenant I guess?). That be sooo much better.

You are just taking away the fantasy, out of your own fantasy game.

10 Likes

U plan to do world first / highest keys or rating? Cuz if u dont u realy dont have to go specific covenant

44 Likes

Fantasy and convenience are not necessarily related. On the contrary, in order to make sense the game provide some tough decision, like limits to class race combos or these covenant abilities.

They will fix this soon don’t worry.

The amount of complaints is going to be over 9000.

Lommatik is right, from what I read on wowhead they all seem pretty close in term of power level now, just pick what you want.

1 Like

…it really is not, unless you’re pushing very high keys, or top mythic raids. But if you would, you wouldn’t be here in this thread.

So just play whatever covenant you fancy. Or if you want to minmax it, play a spec that doesn’t favour Kyrian: Affliction is great with Night Fae, Demonology works well with both Night Fae and Necrolord. I assume you don’t want Night Fae, so you could go demonology and join the Necrolords.

Or like as everyone said, just play whichever covenant you like.

3 Likes

Pick what you want. What the elistist guides dont cover is that certain covenants give a bonus to the dungeons in their region as long as one member of the group is aligned with them. There WILL be loads of groups forming that are asking for a specific covenant. The majority are surely going to be braindead and follow the guides without question… but the ones that don’t are the ones that are going to be filling that last slot in most groups.

I can’t decide what to go on my Shadow Priest it’s stressful as fluff ;(

They are not. You should look up some logs or sims if you are this stressed about it. Right now they balanced the covenants so much that the difference between the worst and best covenant is usually about 200-300 dps difference. If you won’t be able to clear a +10-15 dungeon, that’s not because of your covenant choice.

3 Likes

It’s Night Fae now :> kyrian is nerfed

I’m glad I’m PvP player because most of us have to play Venthyr/Necrolords.

The only specs I know going for Kyrian for PvP are Arms, Balance and maybe MM.

I have done waaaay to many keys, to know well how things are going. I played druid last season, because I just liked to try range and a druid seemed really fun.

I never would have imagine, that there is a class who has such a bad aoe spell, that it is never used in almost every situation. Literally pumping single target dmg in every aoe pull.

I like to push keys, mostly early into season, like getting half decent fast all 15 key time and then go onto 20+ before I burn out and wait next patch.

I am not saying it’s impossible, as mentioned I did try out and stick with class whom had 0 AoE in mythic+. I also played rogue during reaping season, I cannot possibly put in words the vastness of difference in gameplay experience,

If this is the same sh*t as the Haste corruption I won’t even bother raiding or high keys because that was a huuuuuuge mistake on their part for forcing a player into a cookie cutter rng/grind based gameplay style I am not playing wow for.

What about some being better for ST and some for AOE? Or PVE and PVP?

as an arcane mage its night fae since early beta with cd reduction

I wouldn’t choose a covenant based on abilities because they could be nerfed/buffed or changed.

I would rather choose the style I love. Like I can’t see my warlock going Night Fae that’s Weird.

2 Likes

You could go Venthyr. Just because there is a spell called Vampiric touch, which gives me Vampire vibes.

2 Likes

sadly if you want to do mythic + or mythic raiding you need to choose based on ability over looks.

numbers are far more important that tmog or aesthetics

Yeah but they could be nerfed easily.

Why would I choose something based on ability if there is a chance for that ability to change later on.

Choosing a covenant needs careful thinking, because changing later on isn’t easy.

1 Like

At least it’s not as stressful as deciding between Dark Iron Dwarf and Dwarf for a new character.
The war maiden hair dwarf is beautiful whilst the dark iron dwarfs have the better racial ability.