I just had the most depressing WoW experience😔

Queueing into Solo shuffles as a 220 ilvl alt healer.

About 1 win per game (1/6 rounds), 3 games in and I logged out to come on here and just share that earning about 400 honor in the half hour is depressing and really discourages me from continuing my alt!

People with 80k+ HP zerging the low hp’s.
Rogues one shotting.
How is it fun for your team-mates?

Ey Blizz, this can’t possibly be the state of PvP you’re after.

8 Likes

it is! buy boosts with money ehm tokens i mean!

3 Likes

Gear should matter, i want to crush noobs, people were saying when pvp templates and scaling was a thing.

2 Likes

Gear should matter. What shouldnt be thing is this insane power inflation. In past you could go bg with blue gear and still pull your own weight becouse good geared players were not 1000% more powerfull but only 100%

1 Like

Sure, give gear a 1-2-3% increase of stats.

Not a 15-20k hp advantage.

Like, I’ve farmed 1.4k honor in an hour. Isn’t that slow?

ppl not getting ilvl scaled up in there? or this was not implemented?
curious because your issue sounds like something i have seen in epic battlegrounds before
with the conquest gear having multiple ranks etc

I’m not so sure what scaling is implemented.

I say try a shuffle out and find out >.<

Ilvl upscale was 239 when i last saw. You can still fight way stronger people than you though.
Meaning anyone can enter and be upscaled to 239 but if you enter as 285 you stay 285 (:

2 Likes

ah curious why the ilvl upscale is not yet increased?

Saaaame. Like I don’t get what’s fun about it being so unfair your way or your enemy’s. Would be OK if gear difference was like 33% between 252 and 285 and not as crazy as now

Idk, isn’t that enough for two items?

Well IT was certainly fun for people WHO were 1 shoting new players :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah imagine expecting fun pvp out of the inept devs of blizzard :stuck_out_tongue: you have a bigger chance of bobby k growing a consciousness and resigning as ceo

1 Like

I’m a returning player as well and found it way easier to just go into epic BG to farm honors, rather than be dead in 2 globals against way more geared players in a small combat env.

Half hour for 6 rounds???
Nvm I didn’t see you played multiple ones.

They should change the gear so that it scales to 270 in shuffle

1 Like

gear isnt the problem it’s blizzard. PVP should just be scaled period. No one should benefit from having better gear, its like 80% of the reason the game is so unbalanced below 2100 rating

3 Likes

I could be wrong but isn’t it not allowed to be boosted in PvP with gold, cause it affects the enemy team unlike when you get boosted in raids or dungeons? Or is there no specific rule against it?

Or at minimum 259.

Solo shuffle has the “problem” of being one of the best source of honor when winning. This does mean that people at rival and duelist ratings will queue for it to upgrade their gear, with those players sitting at close to 280 ilvl in pvp.

Another way of solving it could be to increase the honor gain for those getting 0 - 3 wins.

1 Like

It isn’t allowed but Blizzard as a small developer hasn’t the man power to stop it. That’s why rated is such a miserable experience.

Just back from about a year’s break, had no idea what solo shuffle was.
I had fun the first few rounds, I can see it being beneficial to those who would like to get into arena but are a bit nervous about it.
Was a bit disheartening when I got grouped with all fully geared folk, but hey I have been away for quite some time now.

My quip is, why the upgrades on the honor set? What’s wrong with just a base set that’s competitive? Then the upgrades are locked behind renown. Admittedly not hard to grind out, but still. I just wanted to chill in some BGs. :face_holding_back_tears:

Honor sets used to feel competitive but not these days.