I just want TBC. Not beta, but complete TBC. Now

This wait is already killing me like it was for Classic.

2 Likes

interesting. Is this your diary?

1 Like

Day 2146240:
Things have gotten much worse. I am not sure what the Makers want me to do. I’m trying to stay in my hall, but the violent people come in after me several times a day. They take my baubles.

4 Likes

It’ll be ready, when it’s ready.

It’s people like you that ruined Cyberpunk.

4 Likes

No, it’s people like you who ruined it. It kept getting delayed and now look at the results.

Ok I admit it was people like me who ruined Cyberpunk because I didn’t even care about that game.

TBCC won’t be released for a while but at least we could get the prepatch soon so we have some content in the game to do.

1 Like

Prepatch is like 90% of TBC in terms of data. Conversion has to work, all existing content has to work, classes have to work, new races have to work. All is left is few new zones and few new instances.

Well they said “soon” for beta in blizzcon themselves. Obviously they were preparing for it for a while now.

Which they should normally too, because naxx was released start of december. It’s been more than 4 months now, idk how long can people do the same raid.

TRUEEEE big true

New races don’t have to work by the time prepatch arrives, as it might arrive with the old world (like it did back then) and the new races and prepatch event only coming later.

They could just as well fork 1.13.6 and merge it with all TBC data except for the world, and it’d pretty much 99% work already.

So what they don’t need to start the prepatch:

1. Outland map, skybox, falling off the edges, etc
  2. New races, NPCs, monsters, etc (they came in patch 2.0.3)
  3. Exodar, Quel’Thalas, ghostlands portal, new world map, Dark Portal area update
  4. The pre-patch event
  5. Eye of the Storm
  6. New XP rates

So pretty much all they need to do is class abilities, honor system, and arenas.

Stop spaming FUD.

The point of prepatch as IT WAS TOLD DURING BLIZZCON is to allow new races to level to 60 and be ready for TBC.

I am not spamming anything, especially not FUD.

There are also other points of prepatch, and since it came without new races back then, it might as well this time. New races would come like halfway through the prepatch, along with the event.

Class balance and honor system, mostly. There is no reason to wait with that until new races are ready.

They could just drop it on the PTR (even as a patch 1.14.0) for a few weeks, and then release it when there are no significant bugs.

It’s the same database they have to convert. There is no magic button “just convert this and not that”. Plus applying prepatch to existing realms isn’t a simple patch as it changes a lot of things on the database layer and your client. This never was done thoughtlessly without long PTR/Beta cycle.

No matter how much you want new stuff it’s not how Blizzard operates. Alpha -> Beta -> Release Candidate -> Live.

There is no magic button, there is magic input box where you enter the SQL query.
Remember that they aren’t importing EVERYTHING from that build anyway. They aren’t taking the customer support window, the authentication protocol, graphical engine, etc. That stays the same.

They are importing the database part by part, and Classic phases were a perfect example, where there was a mix of content from different patches.

You are impatient one… now you will have to wait till end of summer for pre-patch :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, the only reason to delay the prepatch is so that your progress will both be saved on the Classic realm and carry over to the TBC realm. But there aren’t many people who’d care about losing progress on the frozen-in-time realms, as most won’t even unlock their characters there since it costs money.

And cyberpunk still needed more delaying.
1-2 extra years at least lol.

But yeah, we don’t have any idea on what situation they’re doing right now.
Especially since they’re having to change that blood elves/Tentacle guys can play before BC comes out, changing a few other things and making sure it doesn’t break.

I estimate the beta at least will be available within 2-3 months.

1 Like

to those who get invited.

I’d guess it will come within a month.

The big streamers will 100% get invited and overhype it as they did classic xD.

1 Like

Yes, I hated that. They overhyped it so much that during the launch you were already fed up with the hype.

The beta should be open and serve as a “private server that will eventually close”. Because playing on the beta will feel the same playing on a private server months before the official TBC. Most players won’t bother because they won’t want to burnout few months before the release. Just like they didn’t bother with Classic, and that’s why the Classic beta was a dead server. And they made the same mistake with BfA and Shadowlands beta…

Alternatively they could do something like they did with vanilla beta, that stress test comes first and if it’s successful, open beta follows.