I know lets make things "fun" by slapping a rep grind on it

mounts in vanilla start from level 40 :slight_smile:

and its only 60% extra speed.

then at max level it will be crazy farm of resist gear . and consumables and milion other things ::slight_smile:

people really think they have it bad in retail - they shuld see the fiasco of classic grinds.

1 Like

classic will be fun if it will have a meaningful character progression, unlike retail where people sob and get almost end game level gear from afking :joy:

1 Like

Let me be clear. I’m referring to the skill in WoW, not how it would work in real life. If I wanted to “get real” I’d get off the forums, get off my PC and go outside. As it is, I’m enjoying my week off work and have no intention of doing either, but feel free to take your own advice.

1 Like

I got my pathfinder by just doing emissaries. Makes each quest worth 400 rep instead of 75, prevents burn out, keeps it short and sweet. You get pretty much revered just by questing so to farm 21k rep it takes about 13-14 emissaries, or a total of 52-56 quests per faction done over 78-85 days without any form of rep boosts and assuming you finish the main quests at exactly 0/21000. Once you’ve hit that point you just need to make up the extra ones for COA and Seekers, as they start lower rep wise.

It’s a fair amount of time, but it’s maxing 6 reps and you also get a few mounts, access to transmogs and the actual rewards from the quests too.

Exactly, as I said, its Just a world Quest counter at this point and worldquests arent enjoyable, that’s why it feels slow to me, I’m sure there are people who go ‘oh boy only 56 WQs per faction if I’m already revered on everything’ but I’m not one of those people, the grind is too dull, too repetetive and feels as if it only exists to justify WQs before they started upping WQ rewards before the first major content patch even hit

to me just means theyre using rep as a carrot on a stick to keep you logged in for world quests (actually that’s what theyre doing with the ilvl reward increases)

Before we had systems allowing is to do a Dungeon while representing x faction for the rep, bring that back maybe? Just give is anything besides WQs or Assassins Creed pidgeon coups Wartables

I have the pathfinder, I have the reps, but I said “never again” on completing the BFA ones on my main and there’s a good reason for that

2 Likes

you can get enough rep for pathfinder by simply sending missions every day :joy: takes 20 seconds at most. lol

But if you play the game and have been doing mythics, and mind you I haven’t bothered going past M5 this expac, you’d already have better then the new world quest limit. At 390, the new update doesn’t make them worth doing at all for me. I literally only do them now for the 3k gold and toys in the paragons.

Maybe you’re newer to the game, but only 56 quests for a faction feels coooooozeeeee after dealing with the Oracles, or the Skyguard, or Ogri’la. Especially when back when I started dailies ONLY gave rep and a small gold payout. And I mean small.

That’s totally fair. And that’s why part 1 is account wide, you don’t have to!

Yeah but why would you play the game? just wait a bit doing nothing and you’ll get your gear to roughly heroic raid level.

Now this isn’t how I vieuw things, but it’s easy to reach this conclusion and after suddenly realizing this after intentionally completing reps and sitting at 370+ without even entering a m0 or higher or a raidfinder or higher in season 1, I suddenly lost all interest in gearing

Those grinds took longer yeah, but it was more then just dailies, you had the option of doing dungeons or getting collectables that, even if you already were exalted, you could also still sell on the AH

My issue is that WQ’s have taken over the open world entirely, including reps and catchup (which is now also gearing by itself) and resource gathering and azerite gathering and everything basically

Edit:
The arguement was that Rep grinds aren’t fun, I claimed that was true only because the acquisition; WQ farming, also isn’t fun, that’s basically what I was trying to communicate

Thank god for that, I hope they do the same with part 2 (actually I assume because honestly why wouldn’t they?, I’m not that cynical)

Whoa, where can I get rep with Ravenholdt via a dungeon? Please??

…because I enjoy it for it’s gameplay, not just watching my gear score go up? Which is why I was playing keystones, and have 20 more ILVL then you?

They have the last two expacs, they will this one.

Don’t waste your time. These people don’t get it and they never will. This post is a turd and all the usual flies are all over it.

Kudos to you for trying though. :+1:

1 Like

At least with a rep grind I get a tangible reward at the end…not like Legions incredibly s**tty trick of making you grind rep then only rewarding you a chance to get a faction mount.
I dont think I’ll ever get those damned things!

2 Likes

There were alternatives to most reps in most expacs is what I’m trying to say, in BFA? none

I also stated that this isn’t my actual viewpoint, but it is a conclusion that can be reached through the gearing system and that that conclusion is the reason I burned out from the entire gearing system and everything tied into it (which is a lot btw) which is not entirely true, it’s not the reason, it’s a reason. Another reason is the gear acquisition of m+, just give me my loot from the bosses, not this 2-5 pieces of loot per dungeon, a random chance per boss to get gear from their table on their corpse.

The game is still fun, it’s just not rewarding based off my S1 experience and now with the ilvl boost halfway through 8.1 again and if you’re not interested in gear it becomes really difficult to convince yourself to do that dungeon again only slightly more difficult this time because gear is the only reward that comes from it. Same with raids, Dazar’alor is awesome, but I don’t care about gear progression anymore, so why bother doing it multiple times?

Edit: lost a part of the text in the post.
I also wanted to say you’re about 5 ilvls higher then my main who’se highest content was a +2 key and one run of the last wing in LFR because of the quest (not smug about this trust me) and if I’d ask myself, do I want to go back to all the earlier keys to get a basic feel of all the dungeons, do them multiple times to get the hang of them before I can start doing dungeons that maybe give me upgrades of roughly 5 ilvls on average? eh, no thanks

I’m not trying to attack someone, I’m just trying to stick by the arguement that rep grinds aren’t fun because world quest grinds aren’t fun and rep grinding is essentially just world quest grinding with a different name

1 Like

I will probably leave the game in the near future.

My nostalgia holds me less and less. Warcraft is turning into an Asian MMO, where grind is the game.

1 Like

You realize people may not agree with you and the fact they don’t doesn’t mean they are wrong ?

I just don’t see how you came to this conclusion considering the game is less grindy and time consuming than it has most likely ever been…

I’m guessing you started Cata or later. Cata and Panda, this was true. WoD had stupidly long grinds. Legion and BFA are quite easy compared to Classic, BC, WOTLK and WOD.

This is the issue with alot of WoW players though. The focus is on the gear levels, not what you’re using them for. It shouldn’t be “I want to do Mythic X to get Y level item gear.” It should be “I want to do X, I need to get Y first.”

BC, actually, where you had things like sanguine hibiscus, you’d get some rep running heroics, you’d be able to pick up gatherables in that dungeon to turn into collection quests you didn’t even need to be on to pick up, these could also be sold for profit if you wanted too.

Yeah that one in Tanaan was absolute dogvomit
But easy isn’t always more fun, which brings me back to WQ’s, which aren’t fun but are easy and also one of the reason why AP in legion wasn’t as hated as it is in BFA; all sources were viable so you’d get it naturally, in BFA you have to target it.

I bolded and made it cursive because this is how I want the game to be designed, this is how the game should work, but from it’s current systems this is not how the game works at all, it’s a loot bukkakke nowadays, designed to give people who don’t stand a chance in heroic raids or m7’s gear that you would otherwise need to do heroic raids or m7’s for (I’m not claiming to be one of the people deserving of this gear)

I agree that player attitude is important, but you cannot expect the playerbase to, by default, have a different attitude then that what the game inspires, atleast, how I view it.

The game should say ‘if you want to do x, do y first’, not ‘you want to do x? why would you? here’s x for free’

Oh god, I had a mental breakdown while farming SangHib and started just singing it while farming. That was not a fun few hours of my life. True enough, but a lot of reps, esp the harder ones couldn’t be done that way. It is weird we’ve not had a dungeon faction or a raid faction since what, Panda now?

Idk, I’ve passively got to L43HOA via no direct grinding at all. Tanaan made me want to bite a bullet. What a mess.

I agree with most of your point, but it’s worth noting that is how the game is now. Yes you can get a full set of herioc raid gear without raiding. BUT it would take months of RNG, with the next raid likely out before it happened. If I want to idk, join Method and get world first, or complete Mythic curve I do need to farm. If I want curve at all, for that matter, I’ve got to make a decent effort. (Which is why I don’t have it, I’m too scatter focused to get high goals.) I think the issue is people see SOME loot being got easy, give up and don’t realise if you wanna actually do good it’s just as, if not more difficult due to how hard mythics and raid mechanics can be now days, to get gear compared to older expacs. Even with personal loot, I only get gear every like 3-4 bosses.

You are wrong.

I vividly remember several past PvP seasons when in the second half I played in BiS PvP gear for my spec.

Currently it is a theoretical impossibility.

2 Likes

You not being able to target the perfect bis do not change the fact gearing is easier and faster than it used to. Same for grinds in game.

Now you get most of the rewards for a few hour per week, which isn’t that much.