I need some tips

Hey guys! I’m new and i need some tips!
Atm i have a Undead frost mage lvl 12 with herb and alchemy profs.
What kind of armor do i need?
What is the best way to make money?
And is there something to focus on?

Mages use cloth armor, you should probably equip whatever has a higher item level/more stats until you get to max level, then start worrying which stats are actually better for you.

Depends on your playstyle. If you like the story and stuff just do quests (read the quest text) and go where it takes you. If not really then just focus on getting to max level as then you’ll have more options to make gold/get stuff.

Don’t really spend gold on stuff besides riding/flying until you get to max level.

2 Likes

Thx! Gonna give it a go! :+1:

Welcome!

My tips:

As a mage, you want Intellect. As a rule of thumb while levelling, you follow the Intellect on items. The one witn more Intellect is the one you want.

Herbalism can be helpful, but don’t spend much time trying to keep your Alch up to daye. You level too quickly these days, and while Alchemy is very good when you hit level 50 and above, it is of very limited use until then. From level 50 onward, the herbs you collect will also make lots of gold at the Auction House.

But you don’t need much gold until you hit level 60.

This is a very good video covering all about getting started in WoW.

Unfortunately, it was made just a month or two before the new change to levelling, that involves meeting Chromie to decide where to go, but as a new player, that will be decided for you until you get at least one character to Boralus/Dazar’alor in Battle for Azeroth, so that will not affect you much.

2 Likes

Joining to the rest of guys, herbs will indeed net you some pocket change, but I recommend you swap alch for mining. Then, all you do is quest, grab herbs and ores if you see them, backtrack to AH every once in a while and profit. Keep the cash and you’ll easily afford even expert riding by 50.

1 Like

Well “most” people try to get to level 50 and do the new expansion stuff if you are really new i suggest you take your time and enjoy the game before you come to the boring grinding part at the end game content.
so yeah you want a focus enjoy the storyline of the many zones the game has to offer :wink:

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.