I played 6 solo shuffles as dps and got 5 tank games. Where did all the healers go? Given up already?

Having a blast as a class that doesnt work without healer. Who doesnt love -200cr.
Seriously, where are all the healers? Majority of my bgs are no healer and shuffles are tanks only. Did everybody logged off their healers as I did when they announced healers will be the ones forced to deal with tanks after its patched? I dont blame you, just asking. Theres a lot of pain before you healers. SL trash gameplay was just a beginning of it. Wait for the 20 minute games with tanks instead of dps.

1 Like

No fun trying to heal vs Demon Hunter, Affliction every game. Also if you find someone who didn’t played SL season 1-3 no heal spec can actually survive?

6 Likes

Elaborate please? I don’t wanna queue with tanks lol
I thought as healer I would only get 2 dps… As tank/healer shared a role? :s

Have you played healer lately? its been a while that healing was actually fun and felt rewarding

last season you either stuck in endless cc chains or having to heal through permanent ms effects or both and now in current offseason people get oneshot left and right lmao

Ppl hate tanks as healer role, so blizz big brains decided that they will be qued as dps. So the result is expected to be que times doubled or tropled compared to now as dps and healers will have endless boring games, because nobody can kill anything and we will wait until the low mana regen healer loses by default, because we cant drink anymore either.

Oh when was it rewarding? When you get rating unchanged in half of your games? When you healed in a game, when ppl die within a blink of an eye? In a game, where you can only watch them backpedalling with no way to carry? K.

Said it before, it’s not fun nor does it feel rewarding to heal random dps in yolo shuffle. It just feels like enabling other people so they can play their game.

It’s not fun. It’s not worth it now, and won’t be in DF either.

1 Like

I dont deny that, but afking lfg in oribos for 90% of the time isnt rewarding, fun or satisfying either.

I enjoy healing but I think it is to difficult, maybe the game is just to fast nowadays

5 Likes

Wow that sounds awful lol. That was like the ONE good thing about healer, no tanks! :confused:

Yep, thats why I didnt want to play dps and mostly played healers despite all that sht I have to deal with. At least I had legit games. Now its going to be more like a bad social experiment.

And here I was, trying to decide between rdruid or dk. Well this makes a difference!

maybe because its a pre patch and noone really cares to play the game atm since theres 0 new content?

dont worry drakthyr healers will be plenty in df.

Yea, but more ppl doesnt change the percentages of healer vs dps, so more ppl means more dpsers as well. Its not like suddenly you get higher % of healers…

3 Likes

Not playing. It’s impossible to cast and I don’t have an interrupt myself meanwhile the other healer is just running after my :peach: constantly and spamming stuns/interrupts while the team does nothing to get them off me. They need to remove the interrupts from other healers or give priests an interrupt.

They also need to stop with all the disorients and stuns. Make every CC share DR already. Even if they fail to interrupt they can stop casting 8934055347895793 other ways, which is ridiculous.

Oh, also, ring of peace sshould be max 1 bounce. Ridiculous to have 2 monks ring of peace on each side of you and you just end up bouncing around in the air unable to do anything.

1 Like

Maybe a lil queueing if DH and DK sees nerfs :woozy_face:

Long time healer here: It isn’t nearly as enjoyable as it has been previously. It’s an enabling role right now, we allow for people to play the game they enjoy to play.

If there aren’t some serious healer improvements in DF then I’ll be rerolling as I’m not going through another SL style PvP expansion as a healer, no sir.

4 Likes

Well, this is new.
Idk how to react to this…should i feel bad for playing dps?

“we allow ppl to play the game” like holy fk my dude…isnt that a bit narcissistic?
To me this just sounds like healers just play their role only because its a “free ticket” to arenas and they dont have to sit many hours in lfg and can pick a dps thats waaaaaay above their paygrade and let then freecarry…how does that sound?

I was kinda excited that i wont have to sit lfg like a moron for hours anymore with solo shufle…but if every healer think theyre god-sent metahumans that all the dps needs to be supergrateful for…then it wont change anything. If you dont enjoy healing…dont do it.

Maybe because playing healer in solo shuffle is harder and more punishing. Sure you get instant queues but you also lose more. There is one terribad dps? Get ready to lose 3 matches, or all 6 if the other healer is better than you. As a dps, you can still win some even if you’re not the best.

5 Likes

Id argue the opposite. Since every dps gets shuffled around, solo shuffle is basically healer vs healer deciding the games. That means you will get punished if you play a B/A-tier healer, AND you have to be better than the other healer. When I heal on my resto shaman and the other team has a disc priest, Im already at a HUGE disadvantage. I have to be twice as good as that healer at least to finish on a + score.

Thats not exactly true. You probably havent played healers much. Usually there is a weak link, which is usually one of the dps and that dps gets rolled over. SL style of healing introduced very little power in form of carrying as a healer. If a dps doesnt pop def cds, they just die, no matter how much spam healing you do. Often healers have abilities to save the team mate, sure, but it generally also means you sacrifice def for when you are swapped. And unfortunately these defenses also mostly get overlapped, because dpsers dont bother thinking or looking at their healer.
Thats why most healer matchups end up in 3:3, unless one healer is significantly better. Thats why it sux. Thats why healers have little to no rewards. Thats why its annoying, waste of time and nobody wants to do this job.

5 Likes