I refuse to kill another Horde leader as Horde player

Thrall doesn’t want it tho.

I vote that we abduct Anduin and claim that he mysteriously disappears, Greymane and I acknowledge the mysterious disappearance as he was in on the plan. Anduin is too weak for a world like ours. There will be occasional bloodshed between the factions to let off steam, low-level skirmishes, and there will be peace. No more Warchiefs or Kings need to die.

1 Like

to end this cycle of hatred, and to continue a reasonable level of bloodshed, i am willing to join in on this.

1 Like

Pretty sure most Sylvanas fans were OK with killing Garrosh. It’s not like his Horde and her Horde are even the same faction.

3 Likes

As for the Alliance, we also had to kill our faction leaders:

Archbishop Benedictus
Fandral Staghelm
Lady Katrana Prestor

Imagine trying to pin down Katrana Prestor of all people/dragons as a faction leader of the Alliance.

Big yikes.

6 Likes

None of these are faction leaders lol.

7 Likes

Fandral was the Archdruid of Darnassus and replaced Malfurion while the latter was still trapped in the Nightmare. His authority allowed him to directly quarrel with Tyrande herself. He was a faction leader of the nelves, for a time, as much as Malfurion is now.

Not really familiar with Benedictus other than ‘MY MASTER WILL RETURN!’.

Onyxia otoh, tried to control the Alliance. Had Varian kidnapped and mind-wiped, Bolvar himself controlled with a magical amulet, and fooled everyone. One might be forgiven for thinking she tried to be the shadow leader.

1 Like

was they the head of the alliance and drag your factions down this them?

Staghelm did try, corrupting Teldrassil would have unthinkable consequences for the natural world of Azeroth. I cannot even begin to fathom the reach that the Old Gods would have with the Nightmare spewing into the realm. But he was effectively MC’d.

Sylvanas is a cartoon villain that makes Skeletor look competent and few people in the story forum dislike her as much as I do. I’d have Garrosh’s inexplicable eviiiiiil and end-MoP + Heart of Y’Shaarj never happening, over the current timeline. She is an affront to everything the Horde was supposed to be, and the biggest reason I have been deeply unhappy to log into my Horde chars.

2 Likes

How are you sure? Cause I sure as hell didn’t enjoy dethroning Garrosh. Mostly because I didn’t enjoy having me work for him and instantly do a 180 degree turn and work against him.

So how are you so sure?

3 Likes

This time it’s even worse, cause they decided to give us option to support Sylvanas… Turning on her after that choice would look like insanity. So i really hope they have something different

4 Likes

They can do something diffirent, but here is the question. Would it be better then what they did in MoP?

they kinda have to if they want this game to survive.

Ooh they want it badly, but there is a thing, they current story team are more focused on shocking moments, rather than on consistent story developing.

1 Like

Huh? Where was the last shocking moment? Zelling? It was kinda “HowCanTheyThrowAwayCharWithSoMuchPotential”-Shocking. But not really shocking…

They had poor Zelling killed, in front of all the Horde leaders, in spite of my owning up to the responsibility. That’s dramatic, shocking, his death needlessly done to boot.

Actually those who have played at those times, know that all 3 of them were leaders.

Fandral Staghelm was a second ruler of the Night Elves race, and a leader of the Azeroth druids. He ruled for 3 addons, for 6 years. For 2 years longer than Garrosh and Sylvanas.
Only in Cata, he became evil, and we had to kill him. We had to kill classic Night Elves leader.

Lady Katrana Prestor was a leader of the Alliance for starting players. From 1 till 60 lvl you knew Katrana as a leader.
Only in the quest line on high lvl you find out that she actually is evil, and we had to kill her. We had to kill a leader of the Alliance.

Archbishop Benedictus - the leader of the light, the leader of the faith. He was a moral leader of the Alliance also in many books. He was also a raid level boss, on which Horde players were gathering PVP raids back in those days. I personally have gathered many raids to defend him in Stormwind.
In the end he suddenly became evil, and we had to kill a moral leader of the Alliance.

3 Likes

Their shocking moments aren’t that shocking if we are being honest. In fact their moments have become so predictable that you don’t even consider them on account of being so predictable.

The catch is that there is no catch.

There’s a story? :scream_cat: I thought this was a parody of that closed down game World of Warcraft?

1 Like