I refuse to kill another Horde leader as Horde player

By observing threads about the True Horde and Garrosh. If you are a Sylvanas fan who wanted Garrosh to stay in power then fine, but your position is not typical at all. Would you prefer him to still be a warchief instead of Sylvanas?

Also, these two hated each other and it ended with them being at war with each other, it actually makes sense to support only one of the opposite sides/worldviews.

As an Alliance player, I am getting VERY tired of the constant killing of Horde leaders.
Always drama and intrigue, always someone killing someone to take over the “throne” of the Horde. Saaaame story every. single.time.

In the meantime, Alliance remain under the human king >.> BOOOOooooring!
Sure, our king died… a death as meaningless as Vol’jin’s in a cinematic. And is now led by a boy who cannot for his life manage to grasp warfare, and we would have been beaten many times if it wasn’t for Jaina. And he cannot seem to decide whether he want to lead or cry at the battlefield :thinking:

Alliance has so many interesting leaders, how about that WE try to face some intrigue and drama other than “Oh noes, the Horde is coming” for once. How about that we try to be ruled by somthing ELSE but a boring plain human

1 Like

It’s simple. Those who chose to follow Sylv and those who chose to follow the old ways will both reach some point in the story where Blizzard decide to have them both together and witness some event that will be loosely wrapped up in a smidgeon of attempted redemption, before Sylv hands over the Horde reigns and goes off to do Forsaken thingies. Either herself (or the potential ‘New-Old Horde’) will become factions you can choose to work with, without impacting whoever wears the new mantle of Warchief.

Sylvanas doesn’t HAVE to die and I greatly suspect it won’t happen. The problem is that there are many ways this whole thing could be wrapped up, but a hefty portion of people will be annoyed no matter what way the wind blows in the end, thanks to all the splintering and obnoxious story-shenanigans that have one of two factions in-fighting constantly, like they always do every damn expansion for the sake of ‘drama’.

It’s ironically worse now that the factions have reasons to fight each other, rather than back in the day when the game at least half-attempted to have Horde and Alliance on ‘uneasy terms’ while dealing with some more important big-bad. THAT is when you would expect the politics and in-fighting to happen… But no, Horde and Alliance go to war and I’m led down this dank story tunnel where I spend more time hearing about Horde vs Horde than I do any actual war. It’s trite nonsense for the sake of stirring the story pot.

To me it just smells like Azshara and/or N’zoth or some greater looming threat will, once again, rise up and threaten everything, Sylvanas will have some reason to hand the reigns over and give old-Horde what they want and goes off to do… Stuff. The new Horde will be deemed somewhat separate from past events and thus H&A can go back to focusing on big-bad’s on uneasy terms.

3 Likes

Do you believe that we will have another faction war in 11.0, once the Void has been held off?

2 Likes

They could if it was done right, but therein lays the rub. After this atrocity I can see Blizzard separating themselves from this recent BFA debacle and avoiding it, either indefinitely or for a hefty amount of time, but I also believe they’ll at least ride the wave until it is concluded (regardless of how satisfactory [or otherwise] it concludes).

From there, the past issues of H&A will be referenced and used to remind people (during above mentioned ‘uneasy terms vs more important big-bad’ phase) that yes, this is Warcraft, and yes, H&A never get along, and hey, remember that time a tree burned down and things started going crazy? Yeah, we don’t like each-other, and don’t you forget it.

Just like Warlords of Draenor was put on the backfoot, it does get referenced here and there even in the present, however minor. BFA will eventually get that treatment as well, because without one immeasurable ret-con or going back in time, the story will be part of the story and it won’t fade.

I also think that a lot of people who, at first, believed that Alliance vs Horde in center frame would be a ‘good thing’ will be disuaded a bit after this. Sure, there will be plenty who will still firmly believe it should be the way to go in a game that literally has “WAR” in its name, but after the way this went down and the general disappointment and splintering, more will probably prefer to sweep it under the rug and go back to something akin to past versions, where (yes) the factions do fight eachother, but it’s not front and center.

EDIT:
In short, I don’t see why they couldn’t do both.

I have always attributed PC’s similar to ‘mercenaries’ or ‘adventurers’. Sure, they also represent their faction, but with a massive lack of choice in the matter. For one expansion we’re marching together with the opposing faction to deal with X threat, in the next we’re fighting each-other, in the next we’re almost entirely at peace while dealing with Z threat, then in the next we’re just leaders of our own faction/class/garrison building ourselves to deal with Y threat, then we’re back to uneasy terms trying to unite against another big-bad, then we’re back to fighting each-other again as yet another big-bad looms on the horizon…

If players truly want choice, it doesn’t have to come with unique quests and checkboxes where you say Yes or No, resulting in the need to cater to both sides.

You could quite easily have said choices represented through content. Maybe I’d rather fight N’zoth rather than stomach more ‘not really war’, or maybe someone else is the opposite and wants to take it to the opposing faction, N’zoth be damned. Factions, reps, content-types (which don’t punish you for focusing on one over another and/or doesn’t require you to do ALL of them to reach the same point at the end) and voila, players choose without a need to splinter. It would also be a focal point for PvP content options.

It doesn’t always have to be “We fite X, now we fite you, but wait, better fite Y, then we fite you again… Until Z… After Z we fite you RL”.

2 Likes

We’d very like to welcome you to Telogrus Rift!

Why would anyone live in such a Light-forsaken wasteland?

To hide from Anduin.

6 Likes

For the Horde !

1 Like

For Pony!!

I had been thinking about that… this Lightforging and the novel BtS clearly hinted at a “good” undead allied race for the Alliance with Calia Menethil as a leader.

But, Sylvanas’ motivations has been to escape hell and permanent death… would Lightforging guarantee her soul not to go to hell? If so, this may be a realistic and even voluntary option for her… and yes it would be a total cringe, but it may be interesting if it’s not voluntary and her sisters force her to… it would reunite the Windrunner sisters (until the void takes another).

That might also be the start of some strife within the Alliance, wouldn’t it? I mean, the Worgen and the Night Elves would never stand for it and Anduin will have to accept it, as she would be a creature of the Light.

Anyway - I don’t think Sylvanas will be killed at the end of this xpac, but I do think the fanboys are going to be outraged at how she will end up… because the roads she’s on now - which the fanboys love - leads nowhere.

2 Likes

Oh yes it sounds absolutely legit.
As we allready know the fastest way to becoming holy, sorry Lightforged, is to burn thousands of children alive. Deny a peace to souls and free the enemy of the whole living…

1 Like

I’m not saying doing so frees her of any responsibility for her deeds, for that is another matter. I was just trying to figure out whether Hell would still have a grip on her if she happened to become Lightforged. Not sure how that would work.

It cant. At least without some Deus Ex Machina or “Plottwist” on Blizzards side. If my post was to offensive, I am sorry, it is only because I actually can imagine that Blizzard shows a stunt like this.

“My target is so pure that all my crimes on the way do not count at all…” - Golden-Eye-Sylvanas while ascending to a greater being

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’m not easily offended but you are clearly passionate about it, which is fine :slight_smile:

It’s just that this whole Lightforging business is hanging out there since Before the Storm. Clearly Calia Menethil has a role to play as the opposite number of Sylvanas, so I don’t think they will Lightforge Sylvie just yet… but for now it’s unclear where that’s going.
On the other hand this whole “three sisters” thing came back as well.

Clearly there’s a path for Sylvanas to take after the Horde…
But yes, in between bad decisions and ret-cons of the past, it could be anything.

The light isn’t that different from the void i think that they would torn literally everyone to a “lightforged” or “holy” being if it would grant them advantages. Just look on Lythraxion and Illidan! I would even call it “bad writing” because we already bow since Legion that neither the void or the light are good. Their main goal is only to spread themselves.

Is it really killing if the leader is already dead? :thinking:

5 Likes

Pls no no more lightforged undead

It is still killing. A sentient entity with a unique personality, needs, wants, likes, hates, ability to make their own decisions etc. Now if the individual was just a flesh corpse puppet, that’s different. There’s no actual life, no soul, no independent capability. They are truly dead.

I still think sylvanas is brainwashed, and have ever since she lost the lantern to Greymane, becuse it doesnt make sence she got away from that Valkyr there, and I have a feeling she was sent back to Helya at that moment, but for some reason Helya started to use her for her own agenda, it could even be that Sylvanas soul is trapped in hellheim for the moment, and we might have to rescue her from there, maby this is where the ligthbound/lightforged part comes in, like only way to get her hole again is to bind her to the light.