I want to love WOW!

As the topic title says!! I have no interest in FF, New World or all the other MMORPG’s that are set to hit the world.

I am sorry but I am Alliance to the core. FY Horde!!!

Do you think their is any hope for this game? Or do you think it needs a new shake down from top to bottom???

COYS!!!

8 Likes

You can’t love something that doesn’t love itself. Blizzard needs to first show its love toward the game in order for us players to be able to love it.

22 Likes

Their strategy is super shortsighted, it’s basically a cycle of overhyping content patches to get ppl back instead of making an actual good game that keeps ppl playing for longer, the problem is that every cycle the playerbase gets smaller just a little bit and eventually Blizzard will have a real problem on their hands.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that part of their strategy is also to bait people into buying 6 months sub with mounts and mogs.

18 Likes

We need something new!!! New Class!!! New Race!!! New elements of fun within the game. The sad thing is most of WOW 's expansions since Cataclysm have been borrowed power that is gone when the next expansion hits.

Player Housing, A complex but fun talent tree, New non combat talents, a massive over hall of the professions system.

There is so much they could do but they clearly need someone who will point them in that direction.

3 Likes

Personally I think this game is on farm now, and they wanna put in as little as possible and extract profit, all while trying to save face as long as they can.

10 Likes

I think new class or race will not fix the game. Neither will new features like player housing. BFA got what 4+ new races and yet the game was bad. Every expansion we get new features but game is still not good. The problem is the core of the game. As long as they don’t design game from world standpoint the game will never be good. Doesn’t matter how many races or classes you add, it will never get better.

3 Likes

No you don’t want to love WOW
you are going to LOVE FF now do you understand?
there are videos with people sayin iM quiting wow going to play FF
streamers are going to play FF
so you will do it TOOOO do you understand???
FF is better

Unfortunately, Blizzard obviously don’t care about you and act like they have very little care for their own game. You don’t have to be a popular streamer who’s had the chance to interview these people to see that – it’s as plain as day just from their actions over the course of multiple years (for many of their games, not just WoW).

Whether you care or not, FFXIV and its dev-team are a total opposite in almost every single way. Their actions consistently show them to be people who adore their game (and the people playing it). One of the first things Soken did (after spending 8-9 months in hospital working on the Endwalker/ShB OST while battling cancer) was to go on stage and perform music based on an organically grown in-game meme purely for our entertainment. Plenty of things both in-game and out of the game hinge solely on player feedback. They engage with the community and act very human compared to the PR-riddled drones Blizzard use to recite scripted drivel.

The disconnect between Blizzard and its audience right now is staggering and embarrassing. At one point, its audience couldn’t believe Blizzard could do any wrong and loved the company to death, eating every game out of their hands. Now it’s… “Do you not have phones?” or “You think you want it, but you don’t!”, or the Hearthstone incident and PR-laden apologies that are mechanically written so that the word ‘sorry’ is avoided like the plague while they skirt around issues.

Any recent interview with them - even from people like Bellular (who was so placid that people assumed he was a shill or on the Blizz payroll) are completely gobsmacked by how the people they’ve interviewed acted.

As someone who actively plays both games – you feel appreciated for playing FFXIV. There was one chap who doesn’t play EITHER game who watched Soken’s cancer-related speech at fan-fest and just felt like trying the game out based on how nice the dev team are. There was a time you’d do that for Blizzard – but not ActiBlizz.

I don’t expect 9.1 to interest me beyond the new dungeon and raid, so I’ll be continuing to flit between both games. I’ve played WoW since vanilla and am always open to loving it, but as someone above has said, it’s hard to love something that doesn’t even love itself.

9 Likes

Disclaimer: I obviously mean those in charge. There are no doubt people in the company who do love the game (but aren’t calling any shots).

I disagree with this part.
I do think it will help, at least for certain types of players.
It will do several important things:

1. It allows an expression of your own creativity
  2. It makes all out-of-date content have a purpose again besides transmog (and with items for your house that are not unique it adds even more farmability because many players would probably want multiples of such items).
  3. If combined with professions, this will give a boost to that system too
  4. Bragging right, for those so enclined

Of course the system should be instanced. No ugly houses all over the place, that’s bad.
I think the housing system in SWTOR is a pretty good blueprint for such a system in WoW.

We all more or less love WoW, we definitely like it and we have fun with it. Otherwise we wouldn’t be playing. But that doesn’t change the fact that the quality of the game has dropped drastically in recent years.

Of course there is hope for this game because WoW universe is huge with endless possibilities, but I think it will take some new passionate people with ideas to work on it. I think that real, serious and experienced writers will also be needed, because the current ones have greatly failed in the last two exps.

The next exp can be crucial, and the current one should be a lesson for designers, devs, writers, but also for players. Players used to buy exps without much thought, but after what has happened in the last few years, I’m not sure if it will continue to be so.

WOW is Activision’s cash cow. Nothing more. They invest as little as possible to keep the remaining die-hard fans occupied. I am actively looking for a game to replace WOW. I have 0 confidence in Blizzard or Activision to improve wow. They will simply keep giving us the same old boring game over and over with new wallpaper.

Obviously there is a audience for player housing, just like there is audience for battle pets, but did battle pets make WoW great? No. Neither will player housing. Because that is no what makes WoW great. If WoW player wanted to do so much of creativity and housebuilding they would stick something like Fallout 4 or Idk, Sims 4.

Exactly. WoW needs a quality story, a quality world-zone design, a quality class/spec design, a quality pve/pvp and that’s it. This is what makes this game better than the competition and this is what once made this mmo game by far the best. New things can improve the game a little bit, make it a little more fun, but if the core parts of the game are bad then the game is just bad and that’s it.

2 Likes

Pretty much what I was going to say, but keep talent trees as they are. Most professions are useless within a few months (unless you enjoy grinding mats 24/7 and playing the AH). Also I actually kinda agree with Tahra with this -

Yes, Tahra- I actually agree with you for a change :laughing::wink:

1 Like

I think that if lots and lots of people refrain from pre ordering the next expac then they would have to make it better quality.

Something tells me that when they get all that revenue for a game that isn’t even made yet they make less of an effort because they don’t have to “sell it”

We the paying customers should keep that in mind for next time. They would have more incentive to make an expac that people actually want to buy.

2 Likes

I wasnt really looking at other games until i saw the direction of 9.1 and it finally dawned on me the game is no longer for me. To find any iota of fun I feel like i have to dredge through artificial barriers placed by blizzard to eek out game play and grinds.

Im happy for the people who still love this iteration of WoW. Im actually sad that im not one of them. Its been a long time investment of parts of my life but with a young son i no longer can commit the even basic amount on time needed to progress to be able to have fun.

Ill admit my heads been turned by new world. I dont think the game by any means looks ground breaking or a wow killer but the world they have crafted looks interesting and alive which does more than what shadowlands has delivered for me. The fact it will be a new experience for everyone is exciting and im looking forward to trying it out.

I guess just do what makes you happy, its a game at the end of the day. If its no longer fun for you then dont play it. Your free time and enjoyment is a valuable commodity so dont sell yourself short doing something that will make you miserable.

I think most people who right now are considering switching mmos would rather wow just be good again, and by good meaning that the devs would have the same enthusiasm for it.

Many people like to point to Legion as a good example, and while i don’t think Legion did everything right by any means, the devs really cared, content was pushed out frequently, they had so many ideas, from the suramar minigame, long story quests like balance of power, mage tower, introduction of m+, pvp talents, tons of cosmetic sets, world bosses, hidden mounts/pets, etc. From a player point of view the really seemed to enjoy making the game in Legion, i don’t know what happened after that, maybe they just lost their spark.

It’s a tricky one. Blizz really, really, really need to adhere to their core business philosophy “fun first”. That certainly isn’t their number 1 priority at the moment for anything they do. They all so need to stop doing the boring safe choice for everything they do. Rinse and repeat copy and paste expansion with everything re-skinned.

The way I see Blizz is like DC, milking the Batman franchise over and over and over for a safe bet, easy money. When they could easily become Marvel and create some absolute master pieces if they just took a risk, and designed games to be fun first, profit 2nd. (I love both DC and Marvel, and I love and hate blizz lol)

2 Likes

It will make WoW BETTER. And that’s good.

But what does make WoW great differs for players.
But anyway, that’s a moot point because it’s not about making WoW great, it’s about making it better.

It’s just more to do; and something that won’t go away with a new expansion - so called evergreen content.
So yeah, it’s a good thing if they’d implement something like that.

1 Like