Ideas for Fury PvP

I think a lot of us would agree that Fury is a much more fun spec to play than Arms, but for PvP, Fury is forever overshadowed by the God spec that is Arms. I appreciate that Arms is an amazing spec for PvP, but does that mean that Fury is bad? I don’t think so, personally. I think there are three things that really separate the two specs, which could be fixed without making the specs too similar in playstyle.

The three main things that separate Fury from Arms are:

1. Mortal Strike
  2. Die by the Sword
  3. D- Stance

Having no Mortal Strike effect is a pretty big deal. I think this one is pretty simple; bake it into an ability we already have, like Bloodthirst or Raging Blow (perhaps make it a 5% reduction, stacking 4 times with raging blow).

Die by the Sword is a bit more tricky. Obviously we already have the 30% damage reduction in Enraged Regeneration which is great, but slapping a 100% parry would feel lazy. I think one good idea would be to have Enraged Regeneration also remove the CD of Bloodthirst. This way you will still take damage that you otherwise wouldn’t with Die by the Sword, but you can keep yourself up with self healing more consistently. In the current meta, fitting 2 Bloodthirsts into one Enraged Regen window isn’t that helpful at all when taking heavy damage, this would solve that without being too overpowered.

D-stance is very strong for Arms, and while we do have a pseudo D-Stance in War-paint, I think this could easily be increased without having too big an impact on PvE (up to 15-20%) as we spend a lot of time enraged. Failing that, giving Fury a Demoralising Shout (with a Fury themed name) could also serve as a reasonable damage mitigation. It could be something like:

Hell Scream (1 minute cooldown) - Let out a blood-curdling scream, striking fear into all enemies within 10yds, causing them to deal 20% reduced damage and 20% reduced chance to hit for 12 seconds. Enemies affected by Hell Scream have a low chance to randomly cower in fear for 1 second.

This would serve as a good answer to D-Stance, as it’s not permanent and is on a 1 minute CD, but has benefits that D-Stance doesn’t.

Anyway, these are just a few thoughts I had that I wanted to put out there, just to see what people thought. I appreciate there will probably be people out there reading this thinking it’s stupid, and that’s fine. I just wanna see Fury be more viable and more well represented in Arenas, so wanted to see how it could be improved.

I actually like these ideas. I mean I’ve played warrior since I started so I’ve seen fury really grow and fall.

I’m not a numbers guy though so crunching your ideas and saying it could work with x is unfortunately not something I can say!

What I do like however is the approach to maintain fury as a beserker and not a lazy ‘more defensive’s’ approach.

Enraged regen idea sounds very interesting, I also rather like your hellscream.

One thing I definitely agree on is fury also receiving the wounding effect. Simply because as soon as arms is on par or better than fury the wounding is just so valuable for PvP leaving fury with well, nothing.

However I guess the shortfall of this is arms then loses one of its key strengths so it would become a tug of war between the two perhaps?

Arms having a decent D Stance, intervene and wounding all bundled just makes it so great. That with the insane damage it’s dealing at present…fury is just on the back burner.

1 Like

Fury doesn’t necessarily have to mirror arms. The spec had a niche back in the day: good burst, healing, and slightly more mobility. Over the years we lost all of that besides our healing which, as you mentioned before, isn’t that impressive either. I would rather have them bring back some of our offensive stuff like avatar and so on. (also fury is the only warrior spec that doesn’t have it for some reason)

Enraged regen should have a passive effect that makes you do more damage when your hp is low for that “Angry unstoppable berserker” fantasy

1 Like

This could work with healing as well. Make it so that you heal more based on your current hp.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.