If they removed sub fee do you think the game would become much more popular?

Me and my friends like to login from time to time to play some arena or do some m+ casually, but I don’t think it’s worth to pay 14 euro just to do some pvp not to mention I had to buy the game itself for 40 euro…

5 Likes

This is the thread you are looking for

Most likely yes. It would also become pay to win and lose what’s remaining of the current customers.

15 Likes

You’d be surprised to know that games are made by people. Said people like to have a salary.

There’s a ton of P2W games out there. Go play them

4 Likes

Well the current monetization is killing the community.

Either go for Pay to Play or Subscription. Or both like ESO is doing.
Why would new players be incentivized to dive into this kind of mess where we’re paying for expansions and subscription, and yet the content is “time gated”?

There are games out there where you pay the sub and you have all content available, or you buy the xpac and you can play it as much as you want without locking it behidn anything. Hell there are free games too that are not so bad unless you aim to be the elite in it.

I am actually surprised people are actually commiting to WoW in it’s iteration.

3 Likes

No the current monetization is keeping the game alive. Whatever the rest is what you write doesn’t matter, my argument is proven by history. Look at the games that are B2P and F2P and compare their community to WoW. You think WoW 1 - 2 Million subs is small? lol

7 Likes

Losing 1-2 milion players in few months is bad. And people just keep going away…
History is that, History. It’s in the past, present tho… Community is bleeding, and people do not want to be milked for a below medicore content.

WoW had it’s time, sadly it’s passing by.

2 Likes

been hearing that for 10 years …

9 Likes

Ye and when the next xpac hits we are going up to 7 to 10m subs again. The community is bleeding since wotlk and still has more live in it than any other B2P F2P community.

6 Likes

Sure thing the game would become more popular.
But the community itself would also change dramatically, I believe. However, it is impossible to predict precisely the outcome of the sub fee removal. Perhaps we’d have more toxic players, perhaps we’d see the return of the old player-base… Who knows?
But honestly, I believe that the people that play WoW at the moment are those that have known that game for long and actually love it (or loved it at some point in time).

If they removed the SUB they would actually destroy the game, IMHO.
The company after sub removal needs somehow to make money, they will find various ways to get your money and alot more than 13e per month.

The worst of all, when a sub is active each month you have less 14 years old raging in your ears. Sub removal destroyed ESO community and pushed company to have slower performing servers.

4 Likes

A sub option should remain nevertheless, which would enable players to enjoy LFR, LFG and random pvp instances, among other things (character and item restoration services, etc).

So you could play for free all the way to max lvl, but no LFG for you. We’d have much faster queues.

no /10char

1 Like

in a short time there might be spike, but in a month it will go down back to the same number as before, in 3 will drop to 300k.

for WoW FtP will mean that here comes a HoTS maintenance & skeleton crew period.

I don’t think the subscription is doing a lot to keep people playing WoW and it’s more a problem of its current state overall.
You can look at it like a lot of people are moving to FFXIV, and it’s a pay to play too.
The subscription in these game are kinda tiny compared of the amount of playtime you get, compared to a single AAA game.

not in the slightest, youd end up with kids spamming nasty stuff on general with no fear of punishment and a completely lack lustre game … money keeps the riffraff out

2 Likes

Yes it would, I know a lot of people from mine and neighbouring countries that play on private servers just because they’re free. My guess is that a lot of private server players in general would play retail if it was free to play.

Now of course Blizz would probably bring more microtransactions into the game to not lose money because running an MMO is really expensive. Some people would probably quit over that but in my opinion more people would play the game but that’s not necessarily a good thing mind you.

I don’t think we’d get that much kids tbh. most kids aren’t into MMORPGs these days, they’ll probably keep playing games like Fortnite or some other BR game that is currently popular.

Really??? :thinking:

Going f2p for wow would be a last resort and absolutely kill the game. You know blizzard cant help themselves and they would definitely make the game p2w garbage.

1 Like

Please do not! Sub cost is really low compared to other hobbies/entertaiments. Removing sub will result in adding more p2w content and will ruin game

1 Like