If you are going to uncap AOE, do it for everyone and remove limits and soft caps

If they remove all aoe cap, do you think they’ll have the intelligence to adjust direct damage AoE based on DoT AoE ?

Tbh, I think we need a real discussion around direct damage vs DoT design, because it’s a little bit complex.

2 Likes

I’m not claiming to be a psychiatrist, I’m not claiming to have extensive knowledge of psychology, and I am not attempting to diagnose you with anything specific. I just see a very unusual behaviour from you, as well as a lot of anger and contempt for people who disagree with you coupled with the amount of posts you make and in which you get very easily agitated. It’s worrying.

And don’t complain about off topic. You were the one trying to bring YouTubers and clickbaits into this.

1 Like

In the end it all about whether damage done by ability is DIVIDED over targets or damage is just DECREASED for any target above soft cap. I mean, with Divine Storm (base damage made up):
A) It deals 15000 dmg on 5+ targets, so 5 targets = each target takes 3000 dmg, on 6 targets = 2500, 7 targets = 2143 and so on
B) It deals 3000 dmg to each target on 5 targets, 10% reduced on 6 targets so 2700, 20% on 7 and so on
PTR will tell.

1 Like

I see what you mean, thanks that is a good point!

I’m curious how it will turn out for specs like MM hunter because trickshots has always been hardcapped (and still is in 9.1.5). Multishot won’t be capped any longer but that’s not what is doing your aoe dmg.

You still do insane damage in those settings and you will still rarely have so many targets that it would hurt your damage in a notociable way. You’d need 40 targets to even reduce your damage by 50%, and you already do more than enough damage in older content.

What is more worrisome is your blatant hypocrisy. You pretend to be some kind of savant at psychology and the epitome of calmness, and then go on single-sentence personal attacks about the psychiatric needs of others; this at the very least shows extremist passive aggressiveness; you should be more honest.

Since covid lots of doctors in UK have been doing apointments over face time to help curve the spread of it so you calling them bad is obtuse and inane .

3 Likes

Yeah, this is not face time. He knows nothing about me and he’s not a doctor; he has no right to diagnose anyone about anything; the only thing he proves is his hypocrisy since he pretends to be calm and then spams personal attacks about the psychiatric needs of others.

I don’t pretend to be anything. I’m just saying what I think. I don’t get the same vibe from other people here. I don’t need to be a psychologist, or have any extensive knowledge of psychology, to see that you there is something off about you. Same as I don’t need to be a mechanic to know that a car engine probably shouldn’t make unusual rattling noises.

What is off about me, is that I don’t like being part of a mob. The majority is not always right.

That would be one way to tell everyone that you have no clue what RPG means, at this point it’s just a buzzword used to boost credibility.
Some abilities that are now capped, have been this way since vanilla, they got uncapped at some point during later expansions but now they added that cap back. Whatever the reason might be now, be it M+ or otherwise, there was also a reason back in 2004.

1 Like

Not always, but often. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong about everything, and agreeing with the majority about one thing doesn’t make one part of any mob.

I would suggest the following about forums. 1) Don’t be off topic; nobody cares; only the trolls that mob with each other care because they feed on chaos and destruction 2) Do not assume someone being a minority is wrong; often the majority is wrong; especially in a gaming forum that a lot of posters are literal children.

3). Do not issue psychiatric diagnoses over internet text; you have no way of knowing if what you read is sarcasm or exaggeration; e.g. a lot of the time I use caps not because I “feel” caps but because I try to draw attention methodically.

“RPG” has lost all it’s meaning at least on this forum, whenever Blizzard said they want to add more RPG elements in the game. Except everyone has interpreted that in a different way because everyone has a different favourite RPG game with different elements, and they use that as their own personal benchmark. It was a blanket term before, and now it’s not even that. It’s whatever the people using it need it to be to make a point.

Ironically enough its the opposite, see BFA MDI runs when they pulled half the Waycrest Manor to Raal and double-DKeyed all of the trash doing 2 million dps each.

AOE cap is supposed to tackle outliers like the aforementioned UH DK that, given right conditions, due to mechanical differences allows to pull 20x more dps than the next guy.

what part of them not wanting everyone to turn dungeons into 2 or 3 pulls can people not understand? sure its fun to have compeltely uncapped AoE but the only way to make that a fair and balanced game is for everything to also be boring,

WW is already one of the best AoE specs in the entire game, removing all of their caps without heavily nerfing them would be idiotic, because they would just be doing like 3 or 4 times more damage than anyone else.

Then don’t come into a thread about AoE caps and try to drag YouTubers into it because of your obsessive hatered for them.

I didn’t assume you are wrong because you’re a part of some minority, or that being a minority is wrong. I think you’re wrong because I think what you are saying is wrong. I don’t care what group you align yourself with.

And you said it yourself, “often the majority is wrong”. Emphasis on the word often. Because a minority can be wrong just as much. Any group can be either right or wrong, so stop differentiating based on groups and start doing so based on individuals.

Not once did I even attempt to diagnose you with anything. It’s is nothing but my opinion that you could use professional help, because you’ve been very active on here lately in a very specific way, as well as you show some patterns that I don’t need to be a psychologist to identify as potentially harmful to both you and people around you.

It just seems way past reasonable for you to just be a troll. You exaggerate all the time, especially the things people say to you to use it against them in a form that they didn’t mean, and I believe you know what that is called. And I don’t see a hint of sarcasm in anything you say.

I’m not gonna talk about your use of caps. You already know what I think about that.

3 Likes

and thats the point of those changes - they are not meant to buff everyone - just bring some specs on par with others .

after changes BM shouldnt be miles behind MM like it is now for example due to change to beast cleave.

9.1.5 PTR is not even out yet to early to say …

not

stop with this “its jsut ptr its early”

its not - they released garbage expansion like SL exackly because of poeple defending them like oyu do

instead this people should pressure them even more now to revert more of horrible changes tey did to game in SL to appease 1 % of players

its perfect time as they are scared like hell because of 80 % drops - they will do everything that enough people ask for.

changes to aoe cap are perfect proof

1 Like