If you hate the SV DF Tree, you're outta luck

Better off rerolling…

Blue post from american alpha forums.

Hello Hunters,

We wanted to discuss some plans we had coming in the next few builds and address a few points of feedback.

Class Tree Changes:

• Improved Mend pet reduced to 2 points for +25/50%. Also now has a chance per tick of Mend Pet to also dispel a magic effect from your pet.
  • Scare Beast is no longer on a path that connects to other nodes below it, it’s a one-off thing to the side of the tree.
  • There is potentially a placeholder +Agility node where scare beast was. This will be changed if it shows up in your build to something that isn’t direct throughput.
  • Chimaera Shot removed from the class tree.
  • Master Marksman will likely be changed to also work with melee critical hits.
  • Death Chakram will likely be changed to increase all damage taken, rather than just Physical. This should make it more competitive to Survival Hunters, who do a fair bit of non-physical damage.

Beast Mastery

• Dire Pack needs to be reworked.

Marksmanship

• Double Tap is being moved near the middle of the tree.
  • New bottom left talent as a selection node:
    • Kill Shot now works with Trick Shots
    • Some number of targets hit by your Trick Shot ricochets also have Explosive Shot applied to them.
  • Legacy of the Windrunners has moved, and is consolidated down to 3 points instead of 5.
  • Chimaera shot added near the top of the tree. It will once again replace Arcane Shot, and things that modify Arcane Shot will modify Chimaera Shot
  • Quick Shot removed.
  • Rapid Fire’s Focus generation will just be part of the baseline ability and no longer an upgrade.

Survival

• A bunch of 3-point talents adjusted to fewer points.
  • A dependency problem with Frenzy Strikes needs to be resolved where you can get this talent without either Wildfire Bombs.

This is not a complete list of what will change in the next build, or even the next few builds. As more decisions are made, we’ll try to post here. As always, things are subject to change and what is there now, or in the builds to come, may not be final.

Bug fixing is also an ongoing process.

One other quick note:

Serpent Sting is intentionally low on the class side of the talent tree. If it’s up higher, it starts competing in space we have designated for utility options and starts to feel like a mandatory throughput choice. We want to put most of the actual throughput stuff past the second gate, so you have adequate points to get the utility you feel is important while playing. Moving it up higher means you would likely be getting less utility options.

edit: The note about Serpent Sting is specific to the Hunter class tree layout. Different classes have different tree layouts and where utility and throughput is scattered about.
edit2: note about Rapid Fire Focus generation in the MM tree area.
edit3: Death Chakram note in class tree area.
edit4: Frenzy Strikes note was wrong, you have to take Butchery/Carve, but not Wildfire Bombs.

1 Like

Better of rerolling because we are getting actual attention, actual feedback being taken into consideration and almost instant changes based on comments?

Wtf more do you want?

Tbh I like that blizzard is looking at the hunter tree, it’s not the worst tree we’ve seen, but improvements are always a good thing!

Id argue that out of all the trees that came out, the hunter is looking the worst, especially survival.

They stated what their intentions were. Changing some three point +% DAM, - SEC into two pointers. I mean if you genuinely think this is good based off the feedback then tallyho to you good sir.

All I really have to say is that the decision to make SV melee, is really coming back to bite them in the backside now, it is showing majorly through these talent trees. The fact that it is now the only class that has abilities based on actual weapons that a spec can’t use. And that is just one of the headaches to overcome. I actually really love SV, and want it to be good, despite also loving RSV, but this is becoming tiresome.

What are you talking about? The hunter class tree is a contender for worst class talent tree and with SV it’s most Definitively the worst spec released so far, by a wide margin!

1 Like

I would say, wait untill you see barrage being spammed out of a mini crossbow. But it looks like the melee sv can’t use that ability in the class tree.
Ok they are changing things up but it is still so terrible at the moment.
Throwing bombs all the time isn’t for a real hunter but for a tinker class.

So much classes have different things but at least sv can use 2-3 abilities in the spec tree, you go full bomb build are mongoose build and that’s about it.
This iteration of sv is starting to be so bad iff you look at it.

Wholeheartedly agree. I mean it will exist for sure… and it will probably not improve nearly as much as it needs/we want. But to be honest it will still be a 2 ability rotation if you remove the gimmick abilities they’ve added to the class tree. It’s going to be WFB+Carve for CDR or RP/MB until you need to do KC for focus and then back to RP/MB. That and your 1-2 damage CDs.

It is in a severely bad state, it is clear why it is and people everywhere have pointed it out. But we will just see if they actually Do anything about it. Too early to say but if previous expansions/experience is Anything to go on they wont. They will change some easy things, cater to something that the vocal minority is screaming about and then call it a day, say we haven’t seen it enough or played it enough or don’t understand their intent. Bottom line it will probably continue being a 2 button rotational disaster without any real identity or good gameplay. They’ve removed pretty much All “melee” to the spec while still keeping it a melee weapon spec and removed stings, traps, survivability and replaced it with “Spam bombs or Raptor strike” for infinity and onwards!

The answer is simple.

Their balancing based the lowest denominator, the majority of people want easymode content and its plaguing all the mmorpgs realistically more so for some then others.

WoW took the approach of making 99% of its content easy, then making the last 1% so mechanically hard that it makes up for how dumbed down class design is now.

Gw2 has done the same thing, and so has ffxiv. I think ffxiv has done it the least, but that game also has 0 optimisation requirements whicj means its easier in some ways (not needing to know builds change talents, no speccs etc etc)

So when looking at the shaman talent tree it makes me hate the hunter tree more,
shamans got so many things back that they took out of the game.
Iff you look at it they could do the same for the hunters.
Better fire the hunter def and take one that actually plays all the hunter specs in stead of only bm.

I want to be positive and would love Anything to actually give serious, constructive feedback on related to SV. But it’s hard when they literally does or says Nothing about it.

Hell, I’d even take a “currently we are not working on SV. It will be worked on after we’re satisfied the MM spec is in a better spot”. As is now they don’t even acknowledge that it exists. And yes, the more they release the more you get the feeling that the guy that they gave Hunter to is either very incompetent and/or very new to his/her/its job. I mean Hunter has so much rich history and so much good stuff to draw on. It’s been such a loved and well developed class over the years. How can they take all that and still fail this drastically? Even looking at ALL the hunter specs it’s almost exclusively stuff that is just a few years old… which of most are not that good or fun.

For example, the community are Crying for some defensives. We are, in retail, the most squishy of the classes and have real issues with survivability but what do they do? They Reduce our survivability even further… Why not bring back some of the passives that makes us stand a chance and add, for example, the old deterrence but as a damage reduction CD (used to be a CD for Parry). Bringing us some needed utility And bringing back some old love to the class.

They need to step one heck of a big step up when it comes to the Hunter class and especially the SV spec. These huge disparities between class/spec design/development is just not acceptable (might be a bit entitled I know, but I mean acceptable as a consumer and paying subscriber. If you pay for a service you are entitled to some minimum standards no?).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.