Im happy that we have retail

Yep, agree. In fact the ‘silver platter’ you mentioned is just the thing that ruined the original game and created the monstrosity called retail. Pretty much since near the end of TBC and beginning of WotLK, Blizzard decided to start handing everything on a plate to players who were not competitive, did not have any patience, had little to no ingenuity and to whom the fantasy genre was something they came into because it was popular at the time. It was a simple case of pandering to the lowest common denominator time and time again. However, what they have done with classic is realise the great chunk of players who wanted the more challenging and authentically RPG experience. It’s a case of satisfying the slot machine convenience of retail and the challenge of classic. Perhaps they should create two separate games for either market, but then how do they split the franchise?

So do i.I am actually having a blast leveling my Horde mage on Dreanor realm it’s so fun and I want to relive the Horde side of the story and unlock Horde races too that’s my new goal and I wanna be able to complete mythic +10 in the end.

2 Likes

This is the problem though. What parts are good and bad from both versions differs so much from person to person. It becomes a nigh impossible task to create such an ‘optimal’ version.

1 Like

Could of posted this to retail forums. I personally enjoy classic way more than retail even if it is more grindy.

I’m happy that we have Classic, I ding 60, I log in, do a dungeon, get the best in slot piece, and I log out.

There is no RNG, no titanforge, no bull****. I have that piece of gear that will last me for 5-6 months. Enjoy opening weekly RNG chests and praying that your drop from the boss magically transforms into something better with a socket

After a boring, long leveling time.

Just like current WoW.

Just like you can do in current WoW.

Oh suuuure. This is very unrealistic. This doesn’t just happen like you say it does.
First of all; your BiS item for a specific piece has to be on that dungeon’s loot table (and mostly it will not be). Then it needs to actually drop.

And then? You’re done?
Sounds boring. Thanks for clearing this up. Classic is boring.

2 Likes

Enjoy running on the constant hamster wheel that is BFA AP and Essence grind.
If I want to mindlessly grind the same thing over and over I will play Path of Exile

In Classic you get the BEST gear from that 1 boss, and then you know that you are the most powerfull and that you can destroy people in pvp. In BFA it doesn’t matter what gear you get, the better item will always be titanforged version that you will get or you may never get

I got a suggestion here how about you post on classic forum section because you are not going to win any arguments here because this is for BFA and people that enjoy BFA go here just suggesting solutions to the problem because you and Tahra will be in peace.Sorry if I sound angry I’m just trying to help you both.But I guess I haven’t learned my lesson and still act like a lawyer I apologise for this but honestly I am bored and annoyed already of Classic vs Retail threads.

1 Like

Blizz can determine this based on feedback given from both games though… ofc not everyone will be happy - they never are.

1 Like

Well it’s how it is even in life you can’t please everyone but still if a big enough portion of players agree to the idea then it’s cool :thinking:.

If only people would stop generalizing.

1 Like

On Nethergarde keep realm that I play I have yet to encouter a toxic player it’s been like heaven to me at least as far as people go.

I don’t mind grinding. Whether I do it ‘mindless’ or not is another matter.
But don’t kid yourself; there’s LOADS of grinding in Classic.

You make it sound way simpler than it really is. :man_shrugging:

Lol. Sure.

Not true. Not always. Stop your hyperbole.

Go like Classic. Awesome for you.
But don’t spread lies and falsehoods.

True. We’ll see what happens. All I know is that if there will be a shift towards more Classic-type stuff, I will be quitting the game and leaving a massive storm of tears and salt in my wake. :upside_down_face:

I have not logged in classic over a week now. Not that I dont like classic, it is more like I have found new enjoyment in retail. Classic has opened my eyes to realize that retail is so much more than just BfA end game content. For example I have only unlocked few class mounts in Legion, so I am unlocking them now. Also I am pursuing for Waist of Time transmog belt, which will be perfect for my mage :smiley:

I will return to classic for sure, it is a long time for 9.0 to come out

1 Like

You said it yourself… retail is dead since there is no pvp anymore like in the old days of TBC, wotlk, cata.

At least classic have hilarious world pvp even tho I agree with you the grinding can be boring some times.

Both retail and classic is filled with friendly and toxic players.

I experienced both.

Find people who you want to play and talk and u will be good.

2 Likes

I’m happy we have both.

Now, I’ll be happier if/when Blizzard fix at least some of the baa-ad decisions they made over the last three expacs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.