I'm having a bad day

I’ve woken up this morning feeling really low, anxiety is bopping up and down more than a ship at sea and I can’t get into Azeroth until this evening :cry:.

6 Likes

Just this once, even though you’re a void elf…

Am I doing it right?

25 Likes

Sorry to hear this :slightly_frowning_face:
Have you spoken to anyone about how you feel?
I had an episode of bad mental health this year and my doctor was very supportive. Hope you find someone to chat to.

3 Likes

I am sad to hear your day is starting with a low :pensive:

Lead your thoughts in the direction of WoW-art and fan fictions and you will feel like you already are there untill you are able to enter tonight :relieved:

I wish I could help you, but I’m afraid I am not able to… I will send you my thoughs and a virtuel hug instead

wannahug?
                    _     _  /
                 _ (o\-~-/o) _
                (o\ ( 9 9 ) /o)
                 \ \( (Y) )/ /
                  \ )     ( /
                   /       \
             _____/   )_(   \____
         hjw =_==(   (===)   )=_=
         `97  |   \   ) (   /  |
             \|vVv(__/,v#\__)V/|/|#..
9 Likes

Take a deep breath, fight through the day.
Gaming and some videos always helped me at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve spoken to people. Unfortunately I’ve just suffered with this for a while. Can’t really do much with it but ride it out. Wow helps alot.

2 Likes

I struggle with anxiety myself whole life, hang on brother, better days will come :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

WoW is a good distraction and escapism. My MH is always helped by having somewhere to channel my enthusiasm and passion and WoW is good for that.

But whatever is triggering your anxiety probably needs looking into. There are a lot of things that can help, like mindfulness, exercise and yes, medication. I don’t know your situation but I hope you find a way through.

If you’ve had these feeling for a while you should make an appointment to speak to your doctor. There are treatments they can offer that really helped. It’s helped me a lot this year. All the best

1 Like

Sorry to read bro. Hope you can turn the frown upside down. Enjoy WOW tonight!

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. You are not alone. Bad days happen to all people, whether it is anxiety, being cranky or just otherwise feeling crappy.

Try get small positive things to your day today. Treat yourself with something nice. Call to a friend. Read a book, read some funny stuff from internet. Do some crafting/art. Take the angriest forums thread here and the angriest rant from that thread and imagine poster of that rant sitting in Borat style tankini and singing their post out loud.
Also, you forum character looks bit sad too, maybe you should transmog it to some bright colors?
I hope you day will go better than it started.

8 Likes

Watch this:

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I suffer from stress and anxiety atm aswell, and it is indeed not very funny :frowning: I know how it feels when the low finds a new level of low - but know that you are not alone :hugs:

What typically helps for me is to listen to music, either something to calm my mind or upbeat to fix my mood.
I set my mind to find the top 3 positives of the day… you know small things thats easy to achive.
On days like those I allow myself only to achive one thing through the day… like “I did the dishes today, I got it done, and that’s a good thing”
And yes funny videos on youtube does help too.
One thing which is not all ready mentioned, but which is of number one importance for me, is to make SURE I get my sleep, and not stay up too late.

Personally, I pretty much need a stable and firm sleep pattern otherwise everything kinda crashes and burns. and it can effect me for days.

Hope you feel better again soon friend :hugs: :heart: And again, remember that you are not alone.

2 Likes

Hope life allows you to take some time out for yourself. Just try to focus on the small positive things for now. You’ll be in Azeroth soon enough ^-^

1 Like

Hello there friend.
Friendly Orc here coming to you with some encouragement and positivity.

Nothing wrong with feeling down, but you can get yourself up.
I find that it’s helpful to listen to music aswell and watch funny videos.
Luckily we have the internet! And even tho you can’t get into Azeroth yet, you can watch Warcraft videos, there are ton of funny machinima videos.
I personaly love lore videos, so I recommend those!

Stay strong friend.

1 Like

Hard time for everyone at the moment, really, so if someone is naturally predisposed towards anxiety or depression it is going to be even worse, dependent on the lockdown conditions in your country of abode.

I have to go to the dentist in about an hour, you know the crazy thing? I have zero dentist fear, I know some people hate going to the dentist, never bothered me. What I am going to find daunting is walking there. not the act of walking, but I suddenly realised I have not left the environs of my small village for more than -nine- months.
I am a naturally gregarious person, and I couldn’t figure out what was driving me so squirrelly in the head until the other day I saw an old rail ticket in my wallet, from February 2020, and suddenly realised that was the last time this year I had been more than 700 yards from my house.

That was…pretty tough.

So feeling bad at times, and especially at times like this, with all that is going on, is both a) normal, and b) something the medical profession are aware is going to hammer people hard.

If you talk to a doctor and express how low you sometimes feel, they are not going to be surprised, they are not going to think it abnormal. This -is- the new normal. They won’t think less of you, for you, it is horrible, and unpleasant, for them, it won’t be their first rodeo.

Talk to a doctor, they may be able to offer something to help.

If it is a long term feeling, rather than just “Today I feel crap” then never feel foolish about going to your doctor. Best advice I ever got was from an older friend of mine, a Falklands War veteran who suffers bad PTSD. “If you take a wound to the arm, and it needs fixing, you think nothing of going to hospital and getting treated, if the wound is to your mind, and it needs fixing, you should equally think nothing of getting medical help”

Hope things sort themselves out.

3 Likes

Start your day with a beer. Beer fix everything. Its a painkiller too.

1 Like

Take care, friend. :sun_with_face: I hope you push through and the bad things are over soon!

We got you, fellow nerd.

Bardur#3730 on Discord if I can be of any assistance.

1 Like

Meditate, breathe and just know, this too shall pass.

As someone who lives with PTSD that’s my mantra whenever I’m reliving it. And even though it doesn’t feel like it at that very moment, it will pass. Like waves in the ocean that come and go, so shall this!

1 Like

I find Stephen Fry’s thoughts tend to be very useful when dealing with low days…

I’ve found that it’s of some help to think of one’s moods and feelings about the world as being similar to weather.

Here are some obvious things about the weather:

It’s real.
You can’t change it by wishing it away.
If it’s dark and rainy, it really is dark and rainy, and you can’t alter it.
It might be dark and rainy for two weeks in a row.

BUT
it will be sunny one day.
It isn’t under one’s control when the sun comes out, but come out it will.
One day.

It really is the same with one’s moods, I think. The wrong approach is to believe that they are illusions. Depression, anxiety, listlessness - these are all are real as the weather - AND EQUALLY NOT UNDER ONE’S CONTROL.
Not one’s fault.

BUT
They will pass: really they will.

In the same way that one really has to accept the weather, one has to accept how one feels about life sometimes, “Today is a really crap day,” is a perfectly realistic approach. It’s all about finding a kind of mental umbrella. "Hey-ho, it’s raining inside; it isn’t my fault and there’s nothing I can do about it, but sit it out. But the sun may well come out tomorrow, and when it does I shall take full advantage.”

Some days you just need to hide a bit, and that’s ok. Moods are transient, fickle, and changeable, and wherever you’re at right now, it is finite and it will end :slight_smile:

3 Likes