Imagine my shock when horde is now 56% @120

Well, what would you say then if there is some truth into that claim? I mean, the permanent jabs of developers against the Alliance, the lackluster mounts, the always same’ish human-looking-like allied races, the constant welfare-bonis in WM and so on?

3 Likes

Well then, it furthers the Alliance story too considering how connected the stories are. And yes I didn’t like it. I didn’t like how they transformed Saurfang into a weepy woos. I didn’t like how they turned Lor’themar inot an idiot willing to conveniently pretend like the purge of Dalaran didn’t happen. Yeah, it wasn’t great. So the bottom line, nobody is happy. So, in the end if this is bias or just an afterthought, again, I wish you plenty of it.

With the exception of Thrall who basically meets his daddy and kills Garrosh and perhaps the Belfs saving some goats, there are no reasons whatsoever for the Horde to be on Draenor.
Aside the fact that the warlords cinematics are presented by Maraad, who clearly states this is the draenei’s chance, his chance to make things right. Aside the fact that your efforts are sponsored by a faction which rejected the Horde shortly before that expansion. It might also be considered that WoD was the Alliance Warcraft II fantasy, where they got to destroy the (Iron) Horde.

Explain to me why you think you only get one race? And to be honest I’m not so sure if we’ll get ogres, given how you people act whenever we get something we want.

How am I supposed to feel? If a mount I like (which are not many) is obtainable, I’m gonna try obtain it. Why are you making this seem more difficult than it has to be?

Who said it? The guy I was quoting before you responded to me. And yeah, there was no stealing, the nelfs joined Sylvanas as undead. I’m pretty sure those will either be forgotten or they’ll become Calia’s BFFs. One thing is sure at the moment and that is they booted another Horde leader, a major character from the Horde because she was nasty to the Alliance. If your poor, poor, nelfs, who are minor characters, follow her wherever she’s going, let me know how that bias goes.

so there are 56 % more playing the NOTHING faction oh i’m sorry “the horde” which is nothing …

Again it furthered the Horde’s story more than the Alliance. It reintroduced characters that have been absent like Thrall. It introduced new characters like Zappyboi. It showcased the inner struggle between the Horde and the aftermath of their actions after Teldrassil. Stop being so dense. I never said it was bias you said that. I said the Alliance are treated as an npc faction being present to further the Horde’s agenda and push their narrative.

They’ve dumbed down characters on both sides. Anduin became a major dumba$$ literally at the start of BFA when he attacked Lordaeron while completely forgetting the blight. Jaina and her 180 degree character turns between hating the Horde and loving them.

So WoD was an Alliance expansion because Maraad was narrating old Horde characters? Don’t make me laugh. The Alliance had more or less the same reasons to be there as the Horde did. Thrall killed Garrosh but the entire Horde went to Draenor after him. Aswell as the remaining Blackfuse goblins. If the Horde hadn’t been to Draenor, you wouldn’t have the Mag’har as an allied race.

I’ll explain after you explain my question.

You dodged the question well done. I’m not making this more difficult than it has to be. It’s a simple question, how you would feel if you spent tons of money or tons of time farming mounts that the other factions basically gets for free? How would you feel getting the exact same mount model several times, throughout the expansion?

So it’s not stealing when they’re undead right? I see, yeah that totally makes sense now. Wow why didn’t I think of that? I mean if they were an alliance npc character that fought the Horde 5 mins ago. and when they die and Sylvanas raises them then she did not steal them from their faction, nope. Disregarding the fact that some of these so called Night elves played a major part in pre-expansion event and 8.1.

Keep dodging questions and moving the goalposts, it’s getting hilarious at this point.

Nothing is strong, nothing will endure, here we stand :roll_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

In what way? How do you measure it?

Because it also removes two old characters. You might want to consider that fact. Sadfang was killed. Sylvanas ran away. The orcs have no leadership to speak of, aside Rokhan there’s not much on the Troll side either and the Forsaken are entirely abandoned. What are we talking about?

No you just popped on into a conversation I was having with someone else, about the Horde story being bias, tried to convince me that the Horde gets more story, even if I did point out that it was needed, then proceed to insult me. Don’t be a prick, ok?

Yeah, that’s what it is. The Horde gets put through pretty much the same vilification story from MOP, the Alliance acting as their moral pillar this time, but somehow the Alliance is the NPC faction…
At this point I’d rather not share any story with the Alliance considering how it ends up for the Horde.

At least that I can agree with.

Who is being purposefully dense now? I said Maraad was one of the reasons the Alliance went to Draenor.
But again, feel free to point out the many reasons the Horde went to Draenor for.

So you got nothing. Ok.

There was no question. No pertinent one. If a mount is accessible to you, means you can get it. I farmed every mount I wanted, so yeah, I’d feel happy had an option. So give me a break with your weeping about having to farm things.
Plus I’m not much of a mount guy, so ask some mount collector about how they feel.

It actually does if you do the quest line. The respective nelfs can refuse the invitation and attack you as whisps.

Exactly, nope. Joining the Forsaken is optional.

Seems like you are running out of tears to throw at me, preparing your exit, are you? You gonna pretend my replies were not satisfactory to your Alliance taste? Go ahead, please.

Let’s be real here for a moment. Can you start acting according your age and get to the bottom of this with Niratheil? It really gets exhausting to read your postings when they end with a “running out of tears”.

5 Likes

We are being real. This whole Horde Bias is an excuse to cry and weep.

1 Like

Ok, that’s a valid question without any ‘Woe is us’ to it, so I’ll try to answer it without any sarcasm (hard for me, not a pleasant trait, I know, but I do tend towards hyperbole).

I don’t think there is bias. I -do- think there is a -difference- The difference is massively high in terms of the style of writing the two Factions get. I know people say ‘Lore doesn’t matter’ which personally I think is a stupid attitude to have in an RPG but hey ho.

You -know- if you play Horde, you are not going to ‘Win’. You know if you play Alliance, that the Horde will give you a kicking, but that you will ‘Win’

Part of the problem is that some people have gotten so used to this (admittedly repetitive) situation that they have stopped seeing it, and only see their side. For example. Legion. I’ve heard people bang on about Horde bias during Legion. Why? Because Varian Wrynn got killed off. The same people are wildly ignorant of the fact that Vol’jin (Who hadn’t been given a ‘fair shot’ at being Warchief) was also killed off. The difference is, that Vol’jin didn’t get a three minute cinematic looking cool, in fact he did get a cinematic, which as a three minute cinematic of Varian Wrynn looking cool, oh, and five seconds of him getting stabbed.

Now that, that is bias. However, you know what, the cinematic was that cool, and Varian Wrynn that iconic that I reckon most Horde fans , as well as those who played both were like, “know what, that was Cool, Varian Wrynn went out in a spectacular manner” It was however highly biased. Varian Wrynn gets two cinematics, in which he -one shots a FEL REAVER- and Horde get 5 seconds of Vol’jin being backstabbed by a Felguard. You can see why people would feel short-changed on Team Red. Moving on from that, it wasn’t so bad during the actual expansion, because really, apart from Worgen and Forsaken shenanigans and the Elf-gasm that was Suramar, neither Horde nor Alliance were really doing much, it was the Class Order Halls, which was actually a nice change of pace from the highly charged Faction vs Faction ethic.

Sadly nothing lasts forever. Turns out that after crashing a ship (thereby having less intact parts of said ship) the Draenei were able to not only Repair the Exodar (In lore it is fixed and ready to roll) but somehow had parts left over to build a second -Spacecraft-. Someone needs to explain to Blizzard how building and construction work. You can’t build two things out of the parts for one thing, especially when one of the two things, is the thing that needed all of the parts to fix. There is literally zero parts left to make the new thing with. So what we ended up with was the very awkward situation of the Alliance saving the Galaxy, whilst Liadrin and Silgryn (Who isn’t even Horde yet) are sitting below decks. In fact Liadrin -is- the only Horde character on the Vindicaar, all the others are either Alliance races but sorta neutral, or actually just outright Alliance. Who you got, Your big man, Illidan, Alliance race, Neutral.
Khadgar, everyone loves Khadgar, Alliance race, Neutral.
Turalyon. Alliance.
Alleria. Alliance.
Vereesa. Alliance
Velen. Alliance (Though admittedly can see above faction politics and be neutral)
Arator. Alliance.
Romuul. Alliance

Where’s the bias there? All I can see is “Team Blue Saves the Universe”

Further proof? Check it out on an Alt, or just go back there on your main. Check out every member of the crew/guards apart from named ones, and the Uberdraenei Light’s Chosen. That tabard? That is Exodar colours. They are all Alliance.

There was absolutely zero investment in an entire patch for the Horde. There wasn’t much more before that, but hey, you were doing Class Order things. Legion was -all- about the Alliance.

Know what the forums were full of?

“OMG BLIZZ IS BIASED TOWARDS HORDE!!!”

I think sometimes people want the villain so that they can feel good about beating them, but don’t like it when the villain acts like, well, a villain.

The developer jabs thing is an interesting one. Chris Metzen coming on stage (-Years ago!-) and roaring “For the Horde!” Was a pretty stupid thing. Not only because it looked like he then had a favourite faction, but because he actually voiced the leaders of -BOTH- factions. He was voicing both Thrall and Varian Wrynn at the time. I mean sure, you can have favourites, I am a Voice Actor myself, currently working on a published novel (I can’t help the little brag there, I am so excited to be doing so, and the author is a dream to work for/with) and I know full well I have favourite characters who I love to see crop up in the chapters because I like them, and voicing them, but I will grant that, it was a Developer who was seeming to show a Faction bias. Absolutely. Thing is, we still see that, just now the tables have turned. One of the writing team, as well as a writer of their novels has publicly stated that her favourite characters are Anduin, Jaina and Baine. Lo and behold, who got a lot of Screen Time recently? Anduin, Jaina and Baine. There is nothing new under the sun, some of the writing team will have their favourites. Look how much screentime Nathanos has gotten, since Danuser got his feet under the table, Nathanos being his favourite.

I don’t think they were constant jabs, more that everyone seems to look at that one (admittedly ill-advised) action, by one person who doesn’t actually work for the company anymore, and ignored everything since.

Lackluster mounts? That is a harder one to argue. I agree. Horde get more variety in -what- the mounts are. I say that, but they don’t really. Oh the -types- of mounts are different, but they all have the same theme, which has itself become a meme. “If its Horde, it needs to have Spikes!” It is a tired, tired formula, especially as the Horde has changed so fundamentally in its various iterations.

The Alliance has not changed. It is Humans +their Pals. So you -are- always going to get Horses and Gryphons ad nauseum. Always until there is some dramatic shift in the dynamics of the Alliance. With the Horde, we have had so many iterations of it, that they may as well stick a revolving door on Grommash Hold, and tell any prospective Warchief not to start reading any long books, because they won’t live long enough to finish them. The Alliance doesn’t have that flaw. They have stable rulers, with long terms. The mounts thing is kind of being a victim of that. Their stability. Horde is Chaos, Alliance is Order.

I freely give that point over though, Alliance could have had more variety, no, -Should- have had more variety. It was a weird position of them to take, that Horde mounts could be used on Alliance, but Alliance mounts could not be used on Horde, but to be fair, it’s -one- mount. I don’t care -that- much.

The Allied races thing? Ehhh, I hate to say it, but that’s self fulfilling. Alliance main fans seem to kick off and hate it when a race doesn’t fit the ‘Fantasy Good guys’ trope. The exceptions I will grant you are Krokuul, and Sethrak (Both of which should have became Alliance allied races, to be honest). The Horde playerbase tend to handle Outlandish weird creatures better, because they -know- they are the fairly monstrous faction, and that monstrosity comes in various forms, it can wear furs and spikes, or silk and nasty intent, but its always got that edge to it. A lot of Alliance fans don’t like that. When the Alliance is rumoured to be shown to behave in a barbarous or ‘nasty’ fashion, the forums go -wild!-.

‘Purge Squads?’ Nope, people did not like that. The Alliance would never act so cruelly, so it got changed. Why not? Why can’t the Alliance act out of spite, vengeance or some other darker emotion? Why on earth not! The Draenei, perhaps, they were supposed to be the ultimate ‘good guys’, but Yrel seems to have disproved that. But seriously, why can’t the Alliance be bad now and then? I mean that is the point of War (Let me rephrase that, not the ‘point’ but the ‘defining feature’) that it drags people down from their principles and reduces us to the level of savage creatures clawing and biting and hitting each other to -win-.

The welfare bonus is easier to explain as a mechanic, but still was badly implemented.

Its regional. More players in the EU play Horde than Alliance by a small percentage. Therefore the Alliance get the Warmode Bonus, and you know what, normally I would be cool with that. You need to balance things out. That’s actually Legit.

But.

Roleplay realms are sharded separately, for very good reasons that I think shows that Blizzard does sometimes listen to its playerbase. Unfortunately the WM bonus is not. So on Argent Dawn for example, 70% of the playerbase mains Alliance, and 30% main Horde. Who was getting the bonus? The Alliance.

Which makes no sense, and is bias, and is unfair, but essentially I think was just an oversight on their part, and not “BLIZZ HATES HORDE!” It was just game mechanics that made a problem. BUt then Horde players just started not using Warmode, because like, who wants to get permanently camped and farmed? Unfortunately, in the other EU realms, the reverse was the situation, so you ended up with the bonus increasing and remaining on the Faction that already had the numerical advantage, with the knock on effect that even more Horde started just not opting in to Warmode. But on other Realms, and the PvE ones vastly outnumber the RP ones, the opposite is the case, so the bonus keeps racking up, until now I can’t find Horde players in War Mode when I am playing Nabaal or Gallery Fitzjinx, and I can’t blame 'em. Why would you? The game is rigged against you from the start.

People need to get out of this weird mindset of Faction pride, which was a cute idea. for kids. We’re all -older- now, we know that every story does indeed have two sides (Love that achievement, now Brigs here can have a Horse! Well, a Horse without Argent barding on it)

There isn’t Faction Bias. It is a construction of memes, of things more than a decade ago, and people just ignoring the other side of the story.

So thank you for asking a well considered, polite and apposite question, I hope you will find my answer equally politely considered.

2 Likes

Oh my, that takes a while to answer. Just let you know it.

The horde are now more popular as they are far more diverse than the alliance who only get like 8 variety of human with space goats and pandas.

humans
Fat humans
Stumpy humans
Stumpy fire humans
Midget humans
Pointy Purple humans
Pointy void humans
Posh werewolf humans

2 Likes

This is gonna be my last reply to you, it gets boring when you’re deflecting and dodging questions.

That it changed the scenery of the entire Horde? That it gave players the option to choose who they wanted to side with? That’s the first time that’s ever happened even.

What are you talking about? Are you seriously suggesting the Alliance gets equal story with the Horde in this expansion?

Villification or not that’s still story development. The Alliance gets more or less the same treatment they had with MoP. Alliance being a faction that pushes the Horde’s agenda and narrative that is. Atleast there was no robocat this time around.

How is Maraad a reason for the entirety of the Alliance going into Draenor? It’s an alternate timeline/planet. Whatever happens on it, it doesn’t reflect on the Draenei in Azeroth. Maraad went because he failed the Draenei of his timeline. He was the Alliance representative sure, but he wasn’t the reason the Alliance was there. Feel free to point out the more reasons the Alliance had to go there that the Horde didn’t.

Right back at you. Answer my question I’ll answer yours. You dodge, I will.

So you’re ok with paying 300-500k gold or even 1mil, aswell as spending a long time for a mount model that the other faction gets for free. While you get remodels and reskins. Got it.

I would have agreed with you prior to Sylvanas showing that she can control undead at Lordaeron cinematic. And spent time torturing Derek to wash his brain.

How typical. Runs out of arguments, resorts to “stop crying” insults.

Replies? if that’s what you call moving up the goalposts and dodging questions, then sure. Also I never once said Horde bias or Alliance bias. You did.

3 Likes

Color me shocked. You don’t want to talk to someone who points out that you are crying.

That it broke the Horde in half you mean? That we had the same narrative pushed on us as it was in MoP. But you are right. We got a choice. So as previously stated, may the same happen to you, choice included. But let me just throw it out there - you’ll claim that’s Horde bias too. Cause you can’t think of anything else.

I just bloody told you that the Horde needed more story to sell another rebellion to them. You are the ones crying Horde Bias because that had to happen.

Yeah, remember that statement when they do it to the Alliance.

So does the Horde.

I have no clue what you are on about. You spend most of the expansion winning against the Horde, undermining the Horde war effort to the point of defeat. But whatever.

What gets me is that it’s the Horde that has it’s leaders become Alliance buddies, fighting side by side with those who have committed crimes against them to defeat someone that only helped them in the past. But somehow you are the unhappy ones.

The Horde rebellion would have been great if there were no Alliance involved in it, is my opinion.

Lords of War. Maraad walks in and tells the king he “MUST” sign the declaration of war? Proceeds to tell the king MUST heed his council. Are you seriously arguing this?

I like how you get so upset I’m deflecting, but you respond to me with questions instead of answers. But ok, I’ll give you one more - the Everbloom. Which was a source of infestation that threatened Stormwind directly.

I’m not the one doing that, hypocrite.

If that is the only way, then yes. Unlike you fellas I’m not gonna start crying until Blizz gives it to me for free or otherwise it’s Alliance bias.

Wait a second, are you talking about the mount from that bike contest? Please tell me you aren’t still sore about losing that one?

Those animated bones were not Forsaken. And Derek didn’t get brain-washed cause one of the Horde characters was too moral to let that happen.

When the hell did I run out of arguments? It’s funny you should say that when your whole “argument” is that you have it bad and everyone who disagrees with that should keep their mouth shut.

There is no Horde Bias, not the version you guys are using as some form of blackmail against Blizzard.

Give me a break with this “I have no opinion” crap. Why the hell are you arguing with me for when I’m saying there’s no Hore bias?

According to hordies people constantly swapping factions just because their love towards red colour not for their racials or dozens of CGI cinematics made exclusive to Horde characters. Yea I am convinced hordies are right it is all about red colour :smirk:

4 Likes

A valuable and concise opinion that I am certain will sway a lot of minds. Thank you for that valuable insight that contributed nothing.

or the ‘‘celebrities’’ all playing horde

2 Likes

….And that one, which contributed nothing…

Unlike wine,you just turn more sour with time. You need to understand that the opinions you hold are not the same as the rest of the community. Just go back to canceling the sub. Its more peaceful here when you are not around.

Not gonna be a party pooper, but pretty sure most of the alliance mains or those that quit WoW due to that faction going to sh!t will hold the same opinion as his despite being a little overly emotional. He does speak the truth.

Maybe not in your community, but most in the alliance community are upset with the current issues. Even in Horde guilds ive been, i hear many upset players because they play both factions.

2 Likes

As if your replies do.
Just because it doesn’t suit your opinion it doesn’t mean it has to be dismissed and considered useless.

Thank you for your useless contribution by the way. :ok_hand:t3:

Damn elves, where are the Stormcloaks when you need them ?

2 Likes