Imagine this - Flasks analogy

Blizzard introduces flasks as a combat buff that will give you a stat boost for 1 or 2 hours only.
Blizzard says these flasks will be irrelevant from patch to patch
Blizzard says these flasks will increase your stats which will be helpful in a particular fight that will be useless in the next patch.
Flasks can be BOA
Blizzard fixes the price of these flasks for 10g each from a vendor.

You are now given a choice to buy them or not… you look at all the factors blizzard advertised and you buy them.

This happens every patch and you keep spending gold on these… you are making a choice. you are in control of your decisions.

A new patch comes, expecting the routine, you buy 1000 s of flasks to sentd to your alts by spending gold on these…
Blizzard releases a patch note

Flasks will now not give a stat buff to the player, instead a nice glowing animation, which will make you stand out special in world of warcraft.

You already purchased these flasks knowing that these might be helpful in fights, but now you could kill a boss with your glowing animation - not stats though…

how do you feel?

now apply this to heirlooms.

Thanks

did they remove stats from heirlooms?

1 Like

I knew after paragraph 1 that this is where it was headed.

My two cents… I have spent lots on heirlooms that I consider a bit of a loss now. They will still have stats… so I’m okay with it. Keeping in mind that we will no longer have to grind 120 levels… it’s not going to be a grind without the xp gain. Someone on Alpha did 0-50 in just under 15 hours played… without hierlooms.

1 Like

Got my money worth out of using them, don’t care if the xp is removed and replaced by something else.

It’s not as if SL leveling speed wasn’t already faster than the current heirlooms + xp buff.

2 Likes

A correct analogy would be imagine after you’d bought these flasks they nerfd the boss fights so that anyone in levelling greens could kill endgame boss on mythic difficulty.

What if they make them waaaay stronger stat wise? Or keep them as they are, but all other items are weak? I remeber back in wotlk when u had looms, you was boss, and not because bonus XP(this too but still) they were much stronger than your regular items, unlike now where they are same stats wise.

We dont what they gona do with looms, we dont know what they gona do sith other items, so maybe wait a little

im neutral to the change… just wanted to point out an analogy… i just felt maybe some one might have saved the gold to purchase a wow token instead.

lets see how this turns out… its still an announcement and no solid updates on it yet.

First of all, i guess you already got use out of heirlooms, so you got some value for your gold.
Secondly, the leveling system changed, it’s understandable if other elements that interact with this system get updated.
Lastly, it’s not the first time we had such changes, at least now you know months in advance and can get more use out of your gold, but look at the Echoing Void change, many people spent millions of gold to buy a piece with Echoing Void, just to get nerfed in less than a week.

Only reason I’m NOT bothered, is because I upgraded my looms a long time ago, and leveled pretty much every alt I want currently. If I was someone who was using looms at the moment, and actively bought them and spent all that gold, I think I might have a different opinion

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.