Imagine this

You wake up one day, blizzard says: there are 2 options for you.

A - Reset classic servers and u start over again - must atleast play Classic for a year before u can transfer to TBC.
B - U transfer ur character to TBC and will not be able to play Classic ever again.

The choice is yours fellas

C - Reset Classic and keep permanent phase 6 realms and release TBC and later Wotlk. Everyone wins!

2 Likes

what are you gonna do? get full tier 3 and then what

So when you have full bis on one character the game is over for you? Or what are you really asking? I will do more or less the same activites as now but ofc if we also have fresh and TBC much less.

1 Like

How dare you enjoy the game in a different way than him?!

1 Like

Why do you want to reset what you have worked for about 2 years? No wonder pservers were not more popular that the 12-15k players.

Which is double the ammount of my tiny town in Norway and not even close to 1 country in the entire world, but Pservers were overpopulated, and got it right.

800k subscribers and only 12k+ happend to be online at peak times.

12K, is half of my own hometowm…what a community

both options are horrible

I am confused, what do you want? If you want TBC then isn’t that also a reset? Isn’t this game all about resetting all the time always? The goal is the journey and all that.

But the whole point is that if you want to stay in phase 6 forever and duel outside OG/IF you should be able to do that. I want that myself. My goal for this Shaman is to stay on a phase 6 Classic realm forever. I would spend 99% of my time in Fresh Vanilla Classic though, and TBC and WOTLK if we get that. But I want that 1% to login now and then on my Naxx geared Shaman.

My favorite activity on this game by far is to get pre bis, and work on gear after hitting 60. Having the imba raid gear bis gear is kinda, meh, compared to the feeling of working to get it. My main regret in Classic was to raid every week as a core raider. I’m having much more fun on my new main in pugs and stuff. It will probably never get the bis gear so I will always have fun trying to get it.

The journey continues into TBC, rather than being deleted and starting fresh.

1 Like

You mean right now? As in go to TBC now mid way through phase 5, or start again from phase one with new character and farm MC for another year?
I just cancel my sub right away, because Failzzard just managed to foul up the last of their products I had any interest it. I will literally sit back and watch the company crash and burn, and then Activision taking them behind the shed like a lame old dog and BOOM.

Oh cmon man, did you just use that? Man do not submissive like that, giving this dude give you choices to choose from

I honest to God have no idea what you are trying to say. The OP said Blizzard is giving me the choice, not him, in his hypothetical scenario.

Dooooooooog woof woof

Don’t worry about Dib, he posts nonsense all the time here. It rarely, if ever, makes any logical sense.

My choice would be instant unsub and never give them money ever again.

I’d pick B, since I wouldn’t really have the motivation to farm MC for a year again anyway.

Best part about classic anyway is the initial leveling spree, which’ll probably last like 1-2 months again.

Option C - Classic +

Eventhough I enjoyed Classic thus far. It has many, many short-comings, which I don’t really want to experience over & over again.

Although TBC & eventually WotLK would be nice to relive, I’ve done everything I wanted to do in those expansions many years ago. The only reason for me to re-do WotlK, would be Ulduar. That’s not reason enough to stick through an entire expansion.

What happens after 3 years (TBC + WotLK Classic). Cata? MoP? Yeah, … no thanks.

I’d rather have them create an alternative WoW time-line after Classic and continue that in a new direction. But that’s probably never going to happen, as that requires investing money into actual development, instead of just copy pasting XYZ expansion.

1 Like

Nope, because there’s no reason to invest into 2 mmorpgs

But judging from the fact that people don’t like retail, would you actually trust Blizzard to make a mmorpg that’s similar to classic? xD.

Definitely A.

But why transfer? Why not make a quest line that takes at least a year to complete before you can open the Black Portal and enter the Outland. Also, make all those faction reputations we farmed repu in Classic count also in TBC.

There are way too many shortcuts in WoW already. MMOs are all about playing a long time. Reset at the beginning of each and every expansion is terrible design. Terms like “current content” or “obsolete content” should not even exist.

Isn’t one of the biggest reasons why people don’t like retail, is that they put convoluted systems on top of convoluted systems on top of convoluted systems, time & time again? Plus, trying to balance the game around these systems.

The raids I hear are still pretty good, I haven’t played since Cataclysm, so no way for me to confirm this. Another reason I think why people don’t like retail is that they pretty much made the combat too Diablo-esque.

None of these issues exist in Classic & if they were to build on the foundation what makes Classic, Classic ; they could probably make a good mmo again.

Lore-wise I don’t think there is still much left to explore for retail? What’s left after Shadowlands? Only thing I can think of is the Void-lords. There’s an expiration date for the game.

Square Enix disagrees with the notion that there’s no reason to invest in 2 mmorpg’s at the same time. Both FFXI & FFXIV are still going strong.