Implement a dislike button on the forums

Implement a dislike button on the forums, you can only see people who blindly like a post and not how many people actually disagree with a post.

12 Likes

I think you’re confused if you think dislike and disagree are the same thing.

Thats why they don’t have a dislike button.

6 Likes

Many people prefer not to have censorship on the forums like we had in the past

2 Likes

Say there are a bunch of tunnel visioned forum posters which all agree that every race should start at lvl 20 and their reasoning is since the allied races start at 20 so should the other races and that if you already leveled the race to lvl 110 or w.e. you should be able to skip the 1-20 questing.

Then I come in with reasoning why that is stupid and lazy of them, they all pitchfork against me because of course in their lazy mind this is all a good thing for the game. Whereas I’m looking at the long term consequences and they aren’t capable of thinking so far ahead.

Such a forum post has 20 blind likes from like-minded non-thinkers, what about the people who disagree with that stuff and don’t want to see that kind of thing implemented. The voices that disagree are silenced because you can’t downvote, you can only upvote.

1 Like

They formulate a coherent response that sets out why they believe it to be a bad idea.

1 Like

Or just show a like / dislike ratio, why is the only option to answer yes to everything

2 Likes

What does it matter? If you have faith in your opinion then so what? Does it matter if your post gets a mountain of dislikes , as long as you feel confident in your point of view then ignore the doubters.

1 Like

The dislike-button was removed, as it did not encourage any form of discussion.

1 Like

it matters because of mob mentality blindly liking the post before thinking about the topic.

3 Likes

Which is exactly what happened when there was a dislike button

2 Likes

No, it only matters to those who let it bother them! If you have the belief in your post, have expressed your opinion clearly, then what does the number of dislikes have to do with it?

No, hiding disliked posts is a different matter. I don’t want comments to be hidden. I want it to strictly display likes and dislikes, that’s it

How about you think before you speak? You keep asking the same question, I’ve already answered why it matters. If you only show the people that agree with a post while hiding the people who disagree with it how is it fair towards the people who disagree with the opinion? It’s not fair to completely silence the people who disagree.

1 Like

Your disagreement post could counter their likes with the amount of likes it receives from people who agree with your view against it.

When you disagree with something then you can argue against it but when you agree it’s pointless just to post with “I agree with that” as it adds nothing to the discussion and doesn’t open debate like the disagreement posts do.

3 Likes

I see the point you’re making.
That doesn’t solve the problem. I shouldn’t have to step in to write an essay of why something is stupid. I just want to show that I disagree with the post by clicking disagree.
I don’t really want to waste my time on stupidity and laziness but that’s what I have to do in the current system.

1 Like

Isn’t that the whole point of a discussion forum though? To discuss and debate topics and say why we disagree with xyz and have our opinions countered and argued?

That’s kinda what we are doing now.

I do understand you view though. Personally I see no need of a dislike button as it would stifle debate. That just my opinion though.

1 Like

Oh goodness gracious if only it would stifle debate oh noes we’re all sensitive and fear logic and reasoning.

1 Like

This is the main reason why I don’t want a dislike button - now you are forced to say why you disagree.

I wouldn’t mind the heart function to be removed, with it gone you would like the other be forced to write you agree with the above poster.

2 Likes

It wasn’t a dislike button, it was a way to flag up posts that needed attention of the moderators. So we were all using it, in a way that wasn’t intended.

No matter the intention, the result was as often seen, people use this little button to show support or the opposite - it didn’t encourage any discussion because you only needed that thumbs up and down

Putting the moderators on extra work :slight_smile:

I do agree with you, I just meant it was never intended to be used that way anyway.