Implement a dislike button on the forums

Who cares who dislikes what on this forum if they can’t even explain why

1 Like

But the snowflakes.

If enough flag a post it’ll get buried just like the dislike button.

That happens now. If you get enough flags you get auto-banned. Make a ticket and Blizzard say tough. If you use logic they just make a reason up.

Those that have trouble putting their thoughts into words, the dislike button would be their go-to move.

what was the liked button made for?

Why something is stupid in your opinion.

I’m not saying I support or disagree with the idea, merely because I don’t care, what I am saying though is that calling others stupid and lazy because they have a different opinion to yours comes across as arrogant and rude.

1 Like

There should be more buttons on forum to compansate lack of buttons in game. I suggests to add at least the following ones to completement the like button:

• Not just like, but absolutely love. For real! - button
  • Are you whooping serious? -button.
  • Not a good idea -button.
  • Omg i think you are troll! - button.
  • Hey, free for the drinks tonight? -button.
  • You are the best thing ever since sprayable cheese! - button.
  • I’m too shy to ask but will you be my friend? -button.
  • Yo mamma was an orc - button.
7 Likes

This is not facebook. Yet. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Doubt it will be.

Youtube has likes and dislikes for a reason. Am I crazy for wanting something like that too? It would also help so see who frequently dislikes your post so you can put their names in your black book.

1 Like

What is it exactly do you gain from knowing?

Let them be the ones to walk around with that negative energy while you’re none the wiser.

1 Like

Probably so that he can create a character on their realm, & spam them that their opinion is stupid.

I think you are being somewhat obtuse with that question.

Do I really need to explain what a like is for?

1 Like

To increase one’s internet self-esteem?

The reason for the original removal of the dislike button still stands. It was abused to bury posts. The flag option was introduced to be able flag troll or abusive posts. Flags are moderated.

Adding the button back would not work.

Most discussion forums only us a like button. It makes people who dislike or disagree with a post have to explain why they dislike/disagree.

1 Like

:joy: :rofl:

OK seems I do

Express agreement, support, and highlight interesting posts with the prominent :heart: button on every post.

Some people care about likes, others don’t. I don’t think they do any harm.

Also as others have pointed out…

Likes help you keep your forum clear of redundant posts: On forums without a “Like” button, when someone posts something that other users agree with, you end up seeing a lot of very short replies. For example:

Game Company OP: Every player gets 100 free loot boxes for Christmas!
Reply 1: Awesome!
Reply 2: Hell yeah
Reply 3: So cool
Reply 4: Thanks

Reply 100000: OMG this is amazing

If you really want to get into why downvotes aren’t used by various social media or forums etc:-

You said you’d explain it. i dont need a copy-paste for someone else.

1 Like

I think it’s because of mob mentality and generally grumpy people who only spam dislikes.

The forum likes can be manipulated, but atleast in a positive way, the last thing these forums need is another thing that spreads negativity.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinion, but when someone has opinion X, and 9 others support him, while 50 others have opinions y and they disliked each other, it would show that opinion X is hated by 40 people, while opinion Y is liked by 40 people, which is not only inaccurate but also discouraging.

If you disagree with something you can post a reply to it, and the numbers of likes you get shows how many supporters you have, my only wish is they fix being able to like yourself from alts but other than that I think this is a much better, accurate and healthier option than simply disliking what you don’t agree on often suppressing the poster.

Edit : also if some post got 500 likes, and 480 dislikes, that only shows 20 people took part, while in reality it’s nearly a thousand people, it’s better to have 2 posts one with 500 likes and another with 480 likes, plus maybe some people like both opinions, since opinions don’t always conflict each other, one post could get 800 while other one gets 600, from a group of 980 people.

1 Like

If people disagree on a subject then how about write that down using words? Construct a reply that details why they disagree?

1 Like

That is what likes are, if you don’t like the explanation or you think that you need likes to feel better about yourself then I can’t help you.

That explanation is why likes exist and what they are.

1 Like