Implement a dislike button on the forums

Sadly there is they still have fixed the mass report by alts i could log over to 28 chars now and flag your post and nothing u can do about it which imho sucks and i have been on the end of it 4 times now :frowning:

3 Likes

Not to mention that due to the way the WoW forums like we essentially have up to 50 character per account, that can all come on here and like or dislike a post. We already see times when people have done that. Or mass report. It would just be pointless.

2 Likes

Then I’m glad no one hated me that much to get me banned and prevented me to reach trust level 3 :blush:

Sadly i speak my mind and not always in the best and polite way although a few friends here try to help me improve .I am sad i will never get rank 3 but such is life .

1 Like

Back in the old forums I received a good few dislikes. I was fine with that.

Some threads are blatant trolling and Blizzard dont do anything. i would rather not post in the thread to give them the attention they crave so I’d just hit dislike.

Very few posts were disliked enough to bury them.

Why did Blizzard remove dislike: because it in the social media age people can’t handle reality.

Watch the South park episode Safe Space. It’s so apt. [poor butters]

That was never an issue on the old forums when it was removed. I’d love to dislike this post!

1 Like

ive run out of hearts for the day again so take :heart: please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just because you feel a certain way about something, doesn’t mean everyone feels the same.

The downvote button was never intended to be a dislike on the old forum. It was to highlight problem post to moderators and bury topics. In the same way we can flag posts on discourse.

However we all used it to disagree with posters, so they removed it.

Ha ha. Nonsense from Blizzard.

A downvote was not for disliking something.

Is a upvote button not for liking stuff?

So mob likes is OK. A joke.

In that case remove likes too. If you like something then you can make a supportive post.

For those who did not read Punyelf’s excellent links here is short version from them:

Research has shown, that having “dislike” button increases negativity on forums. It makes people who get dislikes write MORE posts and those posts are LOW QUALITY. This increases amount of low quality posts in forums making them less usefull and also worse on athmosphere.

Having like button does not have negative effect. Posters who receive likes do not post more than before and post quality remains about the same. However, posters that receive NO responce (like or dislike) are most likely to LEAVE the forums.

Hence, having like button but no dislike keeps forum posts on better quality than having also dislike button, but keeps more posters around than having no feedback at all.

1 Like

The only solution is to remove them both, if the dislike button is removed but the like button remains so will the negativity because the distinction between posts still remains.

This might be a bit confusing,… you don’t need the dislike button to downvote someone’s post, you just need the like button to do it.

1 Like

You dont see an issue with this. It’s now being linked to psychiatric disorders.

You feel it is this way but current research shows the opposite.

1 Like

Seriously get rid of likes and dislikes, I mean who cares. Just read what players say and if you agree then maybe comment, or not and or if you disagree say so. That is way more important. Dislikes are a cowards way out. Its a forum, so if you want to make a point then say so.

2 Likes

What’s the point? If you disagree with something then just say so. Forums are for discussing. :blush:

3 Likes

either get rid of it or balance it out

Nah, if you disagree, you should be prepared to explain why.

That’s how discussion and dialog works :slight_smile:

If all you do is downvote, you just encourage tribalism and “I’m right, they’re wrong” and nobody ever bothers to read the other side’s PoV.

3 Likes

Blizzard is working very hard to turn everything into NPC safe space, which is a new trend among tech companies. You’re not allowed to dislike anything, you must be positive and happy towards everyone and everything.

2 Likes

You should already know the answer to this.

Just like everything else, getting little gold stars at schools now just for showing up or in a games case loot almost falling off trees for minimal effort.

The idea of negative rewards or implying someone is wrong may hurt there feelings and incur the wrath of some campaign to make sure everyone gets everything with no regard for effort involved.

Most games now cater to an instant gratification segment, few games cater to the I’ll work for that. WoW sits somewhere in the middle with the best gear you can work for while throwing out everything prior to it like a modern day robin hood.