Implement a dislike button on the forums

Found it…

Yes, we’ve recently pushed an update to the WoW forums that removes the ability to downvote posts made by other players.

We originally added this feature as a means for players to assist with forum moderation by upvoting helpful posts and downvoting inappropriate or toxic posts. In practice, however, we found that it was primarily being used for things like downvoting a post simply because they disagreed with it, which was not the intent, and too often led to different opinions getting unfairly buried. Moving to an upvotes-only environment will remove this unintended abuse, while still allowing players to give recognition to posts that have a positive impact on the World of Warcraft community.

As a reminder, you can still report inappropriate or abusive posts to the moderation team by selecting the “Report Post” option located in the dropdown menu on the right of the offending post.

2 Likes

That’s a doubleplusgood idea. Can’t see any flaws with it.

Why hide downvoted posts in the first place?

What’s wrong with disagreeing with an idiotic opinion and therefore downvoting it? Are they daft?

The only reason they implement this is they think this will decrease negativity on the forums and therefore they won’t have to moderate the forums as much. The thing is, I don’t think it works very well, not for me anyway. Just show an agree / disagree button without hiding the posts.

It’s very simple and clean just like youtube

1 Like

These are studies about how these buttons affect forum behaviour and wuality of the forums and explain why owner of the forums would like to have their forums set up this way.

But I would be happy to talk about psychiatric disorders caused by havin like button but not dislike button on discussion forum. You just have to be bit more spesific on the subject and perhaps link some papers for background reading so we both know what study we are talking about.

Youtube where people go and rage at companies and downvote their videos not because of something they dislike in it but purely to downvote as a mass. I think that kind of proves why you don’t want one.

Yes that’s the kind of freedom I want. Bad stuff gets called out and good stuff is promoted. That’s not what companies want, they want to censor you in every way possible so they can look the best and sell people more products.

Maybe people don’t buy stuff when they’re in a negative mood and they’re likely to spew over more negativity towards potential customers yadda yadda yadda

Every time a blue posted people would just downvote them into oblivion, not because of anything they might have to say but because they are raging at Blizzard in general.

Some posters would probably find that too. It’s not a very nice environment. Discourse doesn’t have the ability to downvote so it’s not like you can even get it. Not that Blizzard want it anyway.

So during periods when the game is in a bad state and people are in a foul mood at the company they disliked their posts, again that’s their freedom of expression. They’re taking that away from you by removing your ability to communicate displeasure.

Back in the day they could’ve used that opportunity to go ok guys, the forum people are mad, why are they mad? how did we screw up?
and then cook up a fresh batch of content that was motivated with extinguishing that hatred on the forums.
Now it’s like talking to a wall, no response and happy days all year round while the ship sinks slowly down to the bottom, taking every player and employee down with them.

Its still there like i said people log alts and mass flag post until they are hidden and removed and people like me banned 3 times in the space of 14 days .

That’s nice to hear Celadina, you’ve gotten me banned several times on my alts as well :slight_smile:
But no, I don’t ever report people on the forums. Not even people I disagree with, because I for one am not sensitive enough to commit such crimes.

Dont even know you sorry so no idea how ive got you banned .So sure blame me if you like .It takes more then one person to get you banned/flagged but i love how you blame me thank you .

So a topic that about something being disliked in the game that has lots of likes couldn’t be noticed and taken into account by Blizzard?

Why does it require a downvote?

ppl have alts you know

Why are you so desperately trying to spin what I’m saying? That’s not what I said at all.
Go ahead, hit me with another one.

I’m not spinning anything. I’m saying if there is something that people feel strongly about the same applies with likes. It does not need dislikes.

if i dont know you how can i kn ow your alts ? you trolling me ?

1 Like

Are you reporting me?

I’ve provided an argument for why indeed it does need a like / dislike balance, I’m not gonna repeat myself

If i was going to report you i would tell you but i dislike your tone with me .I dont know you therefore i dont know your alts so please stop harraseing me over a point i made about how dislike and mass flagging can be and has been asbused .
If you dont peoples views dont make a thread simple.

1 Like

wow. just wow.

You are replying to me but quoting someone else. But I presume part of the reply is for me.

I’ve equally shown why companies don’t use it, why it has a negative impact and that discourse don’t have that feature.

I’ve also countered your argument that it highlights things to blizzard because likes do that.

Edit to add it’s also open to abuse, there is enough of that already.

I get it, every decision Blizzard makes you will defend and stand by them to the end, there is no reasoning with you. I could’ve settled these back and forth arguments with one dislike, but instead we went back and forth all night arguing pointlessly and wasting people’s time reading this.

You like your little bubble and I’m interfering in it, I’ll go play somewhere else