In conclusion to TBC Classic I played, I feel I regretted playing it

I know I will regret it even further if I return to retail but what I feeling
right now is I regretted playing TBC Classic. I had no regrets on vanilla classic it was a fun run but now I regretted playing TBC. Toxic community not even lower pops lower then high can fix it. its either gehennas, firemaw or pyrewood.

I am starting to run out of options and idea’s I feel alone for good. I thought I may try something else which is ranged but I want to do pvp. I no longer enjoy melee at all anymore. I like to stay back in backlines. Leveling as healer wont do either because no low lvl dungeon runs at all. even tank shortages are huge problem.

I wonder what vanilla fresh has in store but I cant say about its dead on arrival because we all havent saw the changes yet.

do you all feel it too? but please be honest.

4 Likes

Im sort of confused as to what you’re asking here. You looking for others who are tired, or?

Sounds like you dont like the community, and sadly there isnt much you can do with that.

If you dont enjoy the game, then quit or reroll to another class. Not really much else to do, im afraid.

3 Likes

looking to be shadow priest for pvp. I enjoyed priest in pvp a lot and enjoyed resto pvp and I did test it back in tbc classic beta

Then go shadow priest.

Im still confused about the thread, if im honest.

3 Likes

Tank shortage wasnt such a huge problem in Vanilla Classic due the fact that a warrior could just dual wield fury tank in defensive stance.
But here a tank needs to be a deep prot with extremely special gear.
Pile on the fact that Tanks has the worst playstyle which demands the most effort.

We should buff tanks then see how the situation plays out

1 Like

yeah tanks needs to be buffed to make them playable

have warrior tanks suited for newer players should be the most basic
have feral for apprentice
prot tanks as adept
and shaman tanks as advanced level tanks as it should be just like caperfin was a prot warrior back then.

For normal dungeons? Not really, but for heroics yes.

Lets not forget the mentality of most dps… The majority dont care about markings, or threat. Its beacause of this i dont tank pugs anymore.

Doubt thats the way to go. And buff them how?

Berny regret not rolling human paladin to be unkillable and having demon hunter vision. Or orc rogue for unstunnable.

Berny can always go to make new character screen.

2 Likes

that I could do some brainstorming. I have to get out of confort zone every now and then.

Slight increase to Aoe threat generation would be in order for all tank classes aswell as increased resources-generation. Increased Rage for Druids and Warriors and Reduced Mana-costs and increased mana regen to Paladins.

We could even make these changes into the ‘deep’ parts of the protection talents so that they do not affect PvP.

There is much that could be done and im not saying tanking should be Wotlk easy where you only spam 1 button and have aggro on everything.

I can’t say there aren’t bad aspects to my experience now, but the experience overall feels a lot better than in Vanilla.

Dungeons feel a lot more engaging and less time consuming than they were in Vanilla - I no longer need to book an entire afternoon everytime I need to do a dungeon like I had to do for LBRS (without shortcuts) or Scholo. Plus, it’s a lot rarer for me to get absolutely nothing from a dungeon run - between the better dungeon drops, BoJ, the rep, even the gold return is much better overall.

Raids feel much better too. No longer having to deal with ginormous 40m rosters, and no longer having to wait for 1-2 months for every single drop. Plus, there’re a lot less junk items dropping from each boss. And, most importantly, raids feel a lot more engaging - even the nerfed Kara we have now is better than just about every raid we had in Vanilla except maybe Naxx (but Naxx was so taxing in terms of consumables that it kinda stained the whole experience for me, not to mention the godawful world buffs).

And, on a more meta level, I love how, in TBC, I can finally focus more on my guild than on my server. Ofc I still pug frequently in TBC, but if I don’t wanna have anything to do with somebody (a person, a guild or w/e), I can. Back in Vanilla, there were a lot of mechanics and events that forced you to deal with your entire server, like world buffs or the AQ event (the latter even forced you to deal with the other faction as well, which added a whole new layer of annoyance). In a metaphor, Vanilla community on my server felt like a small rump village where everyone knows everybody and you’re forced to deal with the same dumb people everyday, while TBC feels more like a large city where I interact with the people I like while ignoring the rest, as it should be.

So yeah, I can’t say everything’s going perfectly well for me here, but I’d never look back and I think subsequent TBC phases will fix most of my current gripes.

1 Like

p2 is sort of going alright for me but I havent jumped into this one yet because I been on my prot 70 war. I thought of going prot again but I dont want to tank pug dungeons anymore

Well, I myself have mostly pugged with my non-tank alts. Not much because I hate to tank for pugs per se - I actually had more good experiences than bad, overall - but because there simply isn’t anything in it for me as a tank, specifically. Especially as a tankadin.

The only gear I actually needed from the current BoJ list were the libram and the icon of the silver crescent, which I got. Reputations, which I obtained. And… that’s about it. The massive repair costs that I incur even when I don’t die make it very hard to cut even in gold, let alone making a decent profit, unless I’m doing the daily. The facts Primal Nethers are BoP and BoJ can’t be used to buy any BoE don’t help either.

But that’s why I pointed to later phases. Once we get more BoJ items in phase 4 and 5, and gems + nether/vortex in p5 specifically, I might even go back to tanking dungeons with my paladin. Especially since I’ll be doing so in T6 by then, which will make the experience a lot smoother.

Still, I wanna emphasize how this is still a progress from Vanilla, where I basically had zero incentive to run dungeons with ANY char, not just tank, especially once ZG came out.

SAGE in each field, it’s a slide thread.
Cya next week.

1 Like

Why dumb down the dps classes even more? If dps knew how to watch threat, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Dont really feel like resource generation is that big of an issue, tbh. Im not having that much mana problems atleast.

Playing prot in pvp is beyond painful, so if someone wants to queue as prot, i wont mind at all:P

Why are we shifting this towards the tanks, and not the dps? Why is it to much to ask for dps to watch threat?
I mean, dont get me wrong, i loved wotlk for the quality of life upgrades it did to tanks.
But i feel like this is just an excuse for dps to go zug-zug without having to think.

No, I have really nice experience from pugging. Often when dungeon didn’t go smoothly I had that retail moment of “ok, now pug will leave” - but nothing happened. One druid tank wasted our whole BM hc run and he said he apologize for wasting our time, which was so touching we told him it’s just game and to not worry about that :smiley:

I don’t regret, I’m finally happy from playing WoW.

Because DPS is DPS, they will always be low effort players.
Even if i know the person they’ll still overaggro.
You can’t change Dps’s mindset.

See, this is the problem. Accepting that dps is just zug-zug machines. You dont change the game beacause someone just suck at it. Thats what gave us retail in the first place.

That player is bad then, doesnt matter if you know him or not. If he cant watch threat, he is just bad. Sorry to say it, but its true.

Sure you can, atleast in raids anyway. -DKP and lootbans tend to work wonders. When someone wipes a raid beacause they cant watch threat, that is NOT popular.

Why are we acting like watching threat is so F’ing hard? Not a single class has even a remotely complicated dps rotation!
Barely any boss atm that requires you to move, just spam that button and watch an addon.
How hard is that?

But people are the same, aren’t they?