Increase conquest generation by 5x for catch up

25 conquest per win in 2s when you have 11k conquest to cap is insane.

Should be a minimum of 100 conquest for 2s, 150 for 3s and 300 for RBG until the current week of the catch up.

I’ve got around 11000 conquest cap and if i attempt to do this with 2v2 (basing it on a generous 13 conquest per game based on roughly 50% win ratio) - it’s going to take me 846 games!! the likely hood of me winning 50% of the games at sub 200 ilvl is probably not going to happen as i have 27k hp and i’m getting hit for 15-25k per hit from some specializations.

22 Likes

Agree. Gearing an alt now is absolutely atrocious.

This is not even about facing fully geared plebs on 1400, i don’t care about that. But rather about the time it takes to cap. 418 wins at this week is just too much. Granted you don’t need all the points to buy everything but the amount of wins you need is still way too much. Especially when you consider that you naturally not win every game getting conquest points for the only gear that matters takes forever.

Imagine screwing up so badly in a 15 year old game with an “experienced” team.

3 Likes

The sad part is, it’s still better than BFA because at least this time there’s no PvE involved.

actually with such a gigantic conquest gear gap, best is to go dungeon and get vesa gear, and get campaign gear over bg gear. goes way faster and is way less frustrating.

if someone wants to jump into pvp right now on an alt, he gotta do pve.

1 Like

Well the campaign is an annoyance for sure, but if not for gear, you’d need to do it anyway for renown.
But unlike in BFA, it’s just a one time thing, not something you need to consistently keep doing throughout the season.

i agree for campaign being a one time thing, but u still want to do a high key per week until ure fully decked. chances for weapons or high level items represent so much cp and even honor point saved.

Since i had a premade m+ group i disagree here.

Yeah I wouldn’t say BFA was worse than SL either. Everyone just ended up accepting that you had to do m+, so you built communities/teams around that and then gearing alts wasn’t too bad. You’d lack corruptions in S4 though.

The more frustrating thing is simply that SL has the potential to be good and it doesn’t appear on the face of it that it would take much to do it.

Or didn’t bother and quit. I know I my 3 usual team mates all did. I’m the only one who returned for Shadowlands.

1 Like

Losses should also award conquest.
Same goes for BGs.
I never understood why blizz is so stingy with pvp rewards.

Because of bots and afk people.

The conquest rewards should definitely be increased. We should be getting at least 100 conquest per win at this point.

generally I agree and I did that on many of my alts and filled some slots with honor gear so by the end I have around ilvl 198 “fairly quickly”
The crux is that even with ilvl 198 you do basically 0 dmg on players with 42k HP.

Yesterday I play my trash can warrior in bg and was in a 1on1 with an ele shaman. He killed me with flame shock only. I had basically 100% uptime and he was just spaming /lol and I died with 32k Hp from flame shock, he ended up with 50% HP and I being dead. Mind you he didn’t heal once. He could have deleted me with 2 spells when ever he wanted to anyways, I had 0% chance of winning this no matter how I play.
this is very frustrating and makes you want to log out.
The win rate on my honor/campaign geared toons is abysmal. when I log on my priest (in holy gear) and play shadow, my win rate is very high and it feels like playing a different game. My priest just has ilvl 210 but feels so much stronger it is actually unbelievable.

Wouldn’t 100% agree. My highest toon (ilvl wise) is my paladin. got plenty of 220 gear and even a 220 weapon. But all gear is from m+ and thus my paladin got like 7% vers.
Interesting enough he neither does very high dmg nor survives very well in pvp.
My 210 priest is much stronger than my 218 paladin. Both specs are considered to be very strong at the moment.
The impact of high vers is very very obvious.
218 pve pala still plays better than a 198 trash warrior though, so yeah pve is a road to lessen the pain but you will still be trashed by full geared pvp players =)

just my experience

why would they care though?
I mean they don’t ban them and they are getting the MAUs as well, so it is like whatever.
Playing 1h BGs should also be rewarding, whether it is easy/afk content or not.
The only people btw I see afking in bgs are those with ilvl 160 and I really cannot blame them because there is no difference for them in being afk or being in perma grey screen

1 Like

“This will disrupt PvE gear progression” xD And since they “want every piece of gear be useful in different forms of content” gl guys but no chance

Because they do.

They did and they do.

Ye just wait when honor means something again, we had that in WoD already. People been complaining a lot when some tried to actually play the bg and the game you know but some people decided just to afk in the bgs and bots been farming. Was super fun.

Getting “fully kitted” to 197 full PvP gear is really not that much of a grind. You can do it casually within 2 weeks. Maybe less. Just spam epic bgs.

Also, Im still not entirely sure that the conquest gear is better than the honor gear in terms of stats. Sometimes it feels like the honor gear has better stats.

Also, before you say that you need conquest gear to upgrade with rating, by the time you get to 1400(in theory) you should have more than enough conquest.

Primary stat > all so honor gear isn’t even close

also the weekly loot should be higher,
if u stay at 1.8 cr raiting and u are Full 220 gear there is no point of playing if u never hit 2.1

if weekly loot will be 226 u can still progress your char slowly and with a bit drop luck

Or swap to Necrolords before lvl 60 - finish campaign and get full anima gear from Necrolords and then swap to desired covenant. Necrolords gear has Versa on every piece and scales up to 197. It took me 4 days to level up Priest then finish Necrolords campaign and then swap to Venthyr.

Venthyr is the worst as they have Versatility on one covenant gear piece.