Ingame lag

I’m having issues with lag while playing the game. The 2 indicators in the menu for home and world latency show 40 and 42 but i clearly have way more lag than that. Spells and interactions execute with at least 200 to about 500 ms lag. I tried disabling all addons, but that didn’t help. I also tried pinging a random website and wasn’t losing any packets, so it’s probably not my internet connection. Any assistance someone can provide would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Me too, just started a new hunter and decided to level him in Pandaria. Terrible lag

1 Like

I also have this terrible lag. I got about 40ms latency but it is for sure a lot more.

I’m having lag only in Pandaria. Which is weird because there isn’t a lot of players or anything. I’m leveling a monk there, and in the monk temple (zen) I get perfect response from spells, but it’s unplayable in Pandaria.

3 Likes

Same here !! super laggy and got 21ms /23 ms !!

Yeah in whole draenor in game lag. Actually trash servers. This happened during start of Legion and BFA so we wont get a “fix”.

and it seems once i go back from Panda to BFA the lag stay’s !!

Hello im supper laggy today in boralus and in bfa, stormwind seems good i have ping 50/56 but its like every two seconds everyone lags :slight_smile: hope it will be fixed

Yep same issue here.
Works well with my main in Orgrimmar and other zones.
As soon as I logged on to my new Hunter in Pandaria, I started getting those insane delays.

1 Like

Literally every reset day the server is lagging so hard that is almost unplayable if you are raiding. Especially when it comes to Carapace on Mythic.

So is this only in Pandaria? I’ve been levelling my warrior there fine until today after they announced “server maintenance”

1-2 sec lag on Bloodhoof, not only in Pandaria, experiencing the same in Stormwind…

Pretty much unplayable.

GG

Edit: With 40-50 ms in reported ping for both home and world

1 Like

Entire raid just lagged out, my internet is fine… seems to be an in-game issue for me.

1 Like

Same here …

1 Like

Same for me, was fine until I started Pandaria. Playing on vek’nilash.

1 Like

And I just switched to a new character and the new starter zone is lag free.

So it turns out those indicators don’t work at all or they’re intentionally made that way to deceive us. Also i’m getting lag in BFA, it’s not only pandaria.

Any updates on this? Any information from the Blues?
Would really like to know what’s going on here.

Just to add in yet-another-voice, getting this same issue on multiple characters in Pandaria but seems fine elsewhere. I can take a character to Orgrimmar or Stormwind and issues disappear. Return to Pandaria… and performance takes a noise dive again.

When I first noticed the issue this afternoon, I thought it was my internet or laptop acting up but testing showed those are both working fine… including the game working fine in other zones I’ve played today.

As others have said, the in game display suggests no latency (20 - 30 MS if I remember). I did notice, however, that frame rate is much lower than normal… like about half (usually get 70 - 100 ps, currently getting 35-40).

I have seen another forum thread from 5 days ago where the OP reported issues with Draenor and similar issues were mentioned Pandaria in the replies. So this is not a new issue today. Strangely, according to that thread, it only seems to be when you are in Chromie Time.

I’ve tried to run a scan & repair multiple times but it errors out every time (“Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.”).

Bottom line: something is clearly not working as intended.

Filling out a ticket in game shortly. :frowning:

Well, I would fill out a ticket in-game but I can’t get in game now. Since Scan & Repair keeps failing, I am stuck at “Update” on the Launcher.