Instead of negative M+ affixes, positive?

I just hope any affix that gives an HP boost to mobs or bosses gets removed. These are just boring as hell. They just increase the time needed to kill them but doesn’t necessarily make it any more difficult, just more likely that you lose focus.

Tyrannical on some bosses is just a snoozefest, like first boss on Nokhud Offensive or any of the other bosses with 1 or 2 simple mechanics that you can simply sidestep.

Is one of the reasons I think positive affixes are a good idea, Linear bosses with little to no mechanics are boring.

The entirety of TJS come to mind, all the bosses aren’t difficult at all, just overtuned as hell with super high hp.

They can easily offset removing these by just simply reducing the timer instead.

Net result: Dungeon takes less time, but still has a modicum of difficulty because you have less time to complete it.

1 Like

Shadowlands m+ was way more fun, I don’t get why people hate that expansion so much.

1 Like

30 minutes is already on the low side of timers for M+ imo, we don’t need 15 min dungeons.

Or the fact turning m+ isnt torghast isnt a good method forward, and would mske classes feel worse in other parts of the game balancing such things.

We ask for borrowed power to be deleted but now we want it intergrated in the system itself?.

ION and his design team keep failing to understand that people would like a fun game to play and not this negative try hard experience that players got in this season 1. ( specially as keys get harder )

Keep the attention on the 1% of the top population ( that I am part of ) and the game will surely die, I just don’t understand what’s so difficult here to understand from a design point of view. All this new affixes are terrible, just give players positive effects for clearing up an negative affixe, that should be the end goal of the design team on this game, reward good play opposed to punish bad play.

This terrible design with dungeons taking so long 30 to 40min on average and so little gear drop, you can’t even have a break to drink water for 2 seconds and you can’t take off your attention from the screen for 15seconds that something will definitely kill you. What player can hold his full attention span for so long when there are so many distractions nowadays, it’s just clueless to expect this from puggers and players that would like to play a m+ dungeon once in a while.

Also why are there no affixes rewarding team play ? Instead of how can we make players life harder ( negative affixes )while they play a dungeon for 40min with a high chance of getting no loot. Perhaps change your mindset to how can we make players have positive feelings, fun and energized when playing a dungeon for 40min.

This expansion overall feels much better, but it’s sad to see the same mistakes being repeated, just because the design team objectives doesn’t remotely take into account what the players want. Good luck Ion Hazzikostas, I am sure if Microsoft take over, you will be one of the first to be fired, your ideas are misplaced and you have no clue of what your doing, the direction of the game has become worse and worse since you took over. I would have fired you a long, long time ago.

4 Likes

Not that drastic, it would be at most a few minutes to offset those affixes.

Ion does understand that, lol, but he also understands u cant hand out the same rewards to them as try hards.

Your creating a unequal balance in terms of difficulty to reward.

Scaling of difficulty is a different topic, you can have positive affixes and scale up difficulty in the higher levels of M+, I am not suggesting to hand rewards for free with no player effort or progression, the idea is change this design mindset of negativity around M+ to a positive one, as I could have played better this dungeon if I had hit all explosive orbs for example, as each orb killled rewards 5% damage / heal increase, didn’t time the key because I could have done better job ( positivity ). Currently what happen’s is “I missed a orb”, team wipe, key is ruined, time to leave ( negativity ).

2 Likes

This whole ideology of closing the skill gap is what started one of the worst trends on WoW.

If a rogue that is 388 Ilvl is way better than a 418 ilvl rogue, he should out dps him, period.

WoW always had that amazing simple but deep gameplay, where you could expand more and more on your gameplay.

Rewarding tryharding shouldn’t be a nono just because some players are bad, rather they should incentivize players to play better.

And it definitely shouldn’t be held back because some of the top 1% players can use their skills to get stuff done faster than everyone else or push even higher keys, they represent the 1% and they are probably having fun doing it.

And the irony is blizzard are contradicting themselves, on one hand they make the dungeons/raids convoluted and overtuned, on the other hand they are afraid of increasing the skill gap.

1 Like

That’s all a load of BS. M+ is not harder now than what it was before. The mobs aee not mechanically harder. Yes, it was probably harder in S1 DF than in the last season in SL, just like it has always been. But mechanically DF dungeons is not particularly hard compared to what we’ve seen before.

In BfA I had a group of friends and guildies that tried to really get organized for m+. We planned routes, we made comps that were quite good, and did a decent job of trying to get equipped and ready ourselves with the right buff. Still, we were nowhere near getting all 15s done in the first season before things eventually fell apart. This season, with the same effort, I am quite confident we could’ve made it.

The fact that there are 5 extra levels does not make the mode less inclusive or harder, if the starting point and scaling is such that the entry level and mid range is much easier - which it most certainly is in this expansion.

Pretty much all affixes are a hell of a lot easier than they used to be. Explosives pretty much takes one hit to die. Volcanoes barely touch your hp. Grievous is way easier than it used to be. Bolstering only last for a short period of time. Bursting is dispellable.

The fact is that m+ is easier than it used to be, and the affixes too. Saying otherwise is just counter-factual whining.

“That’s all a load of BS. M+ is not harder now than what it was before”

What on earth are you talking about ? are you on crack ? Even Ion himself said that season 1 difficulty was hit and miss ( read his interview clueless ideas and comments from DF Mythic state - https://www.wowhead.com/news/bellular-patch-10-1-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-adding-new-mythic-affixes-and-331833).

Mythic+

Affixes

If you are interested in the Mythic+ affix discussion, I would highly recommend listening to the entire discussion which beings at 12:45

• Currently looking at not having a Seasonal Affix. Seasonal affixes were crafted to solve the problem of keeping players engaged with content that they were going to be running for 24 months straight. This is no longer a problem in Dragonflight. In addition, seasonal affixes are always on, and could be more harmful than good.

• Focusing on freshening up the rotating affix pool. They’re currently looking at adding new affixes to the level 7 tier, rotating some out and iterating on other ones. If this works well, every season could mean a general refresh of the affix pool, not completely replacing all them, but rotating a couple out and bringing some back in, and introducing some new concepts to try out.

• Extremely unlikely that they’re going to do a fully positive affix, as affixes are supposed to add challenge, but Ion could see them doing more kiss/curse affixes where you if you play well you can offset the challenge. Each affix should be something to think about, if you can ignore it, then it’s viewed as not successful. Affixes which dominate the dungeon and are the primary thing you think about in a dungeon also aren’t a success.

• Not just affixes, as we head into Season 2, they’re looking into the mechanics of the dungeons as well, creature spawning, abilities combined together, etc. and all that adds up to create a holistic player experience. They think there is very valid feedback from players that when you fighting groups of enemies, combining a couple together (as you do in Mythic+), there’s just too much going on. There’s too many different things going on, what are you supposed to be doing here and then Quaking goes off and whatever else. They’re talking a pass on the 4 Dragonflight dungeons that weren’t in Season 1, disarming and pruning here and there and making them friendlier to the Mythic+ experience.

Key Depletion

• They have the same thoughts. It’s moving people around and requires you to succeed to climb the tiers. If deplete didn’t exist, it would lend itself to the brute force approach. They want to keep some stakes and think it’s much better than the original deplete system where your key was literally dead and needed to be recharged.

You’re looking at it from the wrong angle. They are not (consciously) trying to kill M+, from their point of view they are trying to improve it.

You are arguing from the perspective of someone who is looking to build something fun for the casual player and wants to ramp up from there.
The dungeon team is designing it from the perspective of a pro player, and is ramping down numerical difficulty accordingly. However, the amount of stuff happening does not decrease, it just hurts less.

Technically, the latter approach is not someone actively trying to “kill” a game mode. it is more the point of view of someone who is designing purely around an esports and/or mythic raiding focus group. They are looking at it from the angle of someone who wants the maximum possible skill expression from their game. This means that people who are not as skilled, do not have access to a coordinated group and have to rely on the unknown variable that is the PUG world will have a much harder time with the game and are more likely to abandon it.
On the other hand, simplifying the game would cause an “LFD/LFR effect”, in that people would simply not take the content seriously anymore because it is now much too easy. It would also make raiding completely pointless, as you would now basically get the same gear for “free” (i.e. with very little effort comparatively)

There is no right or wrong answer to this. Someone will always be unhappy with whatever choice they’re making. And historically we know Ion likes to err on the side of making things more complex because this is something that he enjoys.

This has never been true at any stage in wows history.

Your takes are absolutely wild

I dont get it. Affixes are supostu make content harder to do becouse you know you do harder content. So what exactly is point in doing harder content then have that content nerfed with possitive affix. It doesnt make any sense.

The current affixes already favor certain classes in certain weeks. This is already happening.

Changing the affixes to something you need to utilize to beat the timer isn’t trivializing the content. It’s not suddenly going to turn into torghast. Stop with this strawman.

And who is asking for borrowed power to be deleted? The raid tiers are received positively by most of the player base due to the revival catalyst.

but this isnt the reality of the situation

hence why People werent any happier with thundering after they put a DPS increase on it.

because, for example, say Orbs being done well increases ur teams overall Damage by 30%, well now they’re just gonna buff every pack by 30%. it isnt a Positive, when everything becomes a massive punching bag to Balance out the sudden 30% Spike in Damage output.

What happens is, the game Reachs a Point where its Solely balanced on Dealing with every mechanic perfectly and a Screw up means u may aswell leave the run there and then.

im obviously not referring to tier sets as b orrowed power

Im talking
Legendaries.
Covenants
Azerite Gear.

etc etc

Oh do please explain this, because from where I’m sitting, as someone who mainly does M+ and prefer not to raid, the new gearing sysytem of 10.1 sounds amazing.

I think you just hate Ian, and is trying to make something fot to your pre selected conclusion.

Again, as someone who mainly does M+, it actually felt pretty damn good… there was some real progression this tier… not just get some basic gear and jump straight to farming 15’s for max gear…

While that was very efficient for getting gear, it was quite boring in terms of progressing a char.

Yea, from the way i read their posts, i think they want it so the whole group focus and cleave of the explosives… but for that to work i think they need to be on a quaking like timer, but time will tell i guess :slight_smile:

1 Like