[Interest Check] Champions of Azeroth RP Community

Hello Argent Dawn forum!

So I have seen few people talking about this subject and I think it is a great one to discuss as Champions of Azeroth faction is quite a interesting roleplay opportunity which sadly seems to not be actively used.

So what is ‘‘Champions of Azeroth’’ faction?

It is a order made by Magni with the aid of Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle to mend Azeroth.

So what can be done with it?

My approach on the subject is to try to involve the different Class Order Halls into the faction, while not representing it as official members but aiding the faction on trying to mend Azeroth so any class/race by default can get involved on this.

So what is the plan when it comes to Roleplay?

The idea would be to create meetings to discuss possibly the outcome of 8.2 with (spoilers alert) N’zoth being freed which pose a major threat to Azeroth but also with how future patches play out.

Events could be based on securing Azerite from different enemies around the globe and bring it back to Silithus for safeguarding.

In short the possibilities are massive but the question remains if the interest in it is big enough?

4 Likes

I’m like 5% sure this already exists, somewhere.

There was one in early BFA called “Voice of Azeroth”, but I don’t believe that’s been active in the past few months.

It’s still going. Not too active currently, but that’s going to change in the coming month.

All champions are canonically Horde, just saying…

2 Likes

Hard to imagine actual heroes living in dirty huts that smell taurens’ piss

A champion is a rolemodel for dirty peasants, therefore Alliance.

Show me the hall of fame Alliance guilds B)

1 Like

Maybe focus on things that your characters can feasibly know, instead of a cutscene you saw on wowhead, where only Jaina and Lor’themar were actually present.

1 Like

Then again, I doubt those two would simply keep this a secret. This kind of a big deal. Also, from the 8.2.5 notes, it seems that Magni also knows of this.

1 Like

Might be worth for you lot and OP to coordinate then, rather than stretch an already semi-active playerbase further?

In any event, it’s a decent enough idea. Not one that I personally would want to get involved with at the moment however.

That is indeed the best outcome.

But he doesn’t know yet, in any case.

Yet so far, we’ve no indication they’ve told anyone.

3 Likes

We don’t actually know that. And that is what this all boils down to; as per usual, Blizzard are entirely happy to let a cliffhanger float in the air for months.

There’s no reason to assume so.

And it’s up to us to work with that, not to make assumptions that will break continuity in the next patch.

Nor is there reason to assume he does.

3 Likes

Does the next patch say that it was very carefully kept a secret until that point?

Does it say otherwise? :clown_face:
I don’t see why there’s a need to make baseless assumptions just to play the hero in this story. Just continue doing what the Champions of Azeroth have been doing up till now and wait for the patch.

2 Likes

Actually there is. He’s the speaker of Azeroth. He knows everything that Azeroth feels and N’zoth being freed by the power of HoA would certainly be felt by her.

So that’s a “no”, in which case we’d be filling in a neglected interlude that Blizzard themselves are quite unlikely to ever go back and flesh out at a later point.

I can honestly live with that.

According to what source?
Why are you both so intent on making baseless assumptions about the actions of characters?

3 Likes