[Interest Check] Champions of Azeroth RP Community

Because it makes more sense than the opposite assumption by miles. ¯\ (ツ)

You mean, not assuming anything and sitting tight?

3 Likes

You do though. You assume that because we aren’t explicitly shown either case, it has to mean Magni is kept in the dark - despite him clearly being informed in the upcoming patch.

Do I think everyone and their mothers know? I don’t, actually. But for Magni not to know takes a whole lot of mental gymnastics.

I honestly just assume we’re frozen in the situation as shown at the end of Eternal Palace. Which would mean no-one has gotten around to telling anyone. Why? Because it’ll probably happen next patch.

I understand the frustration with the episodic storytelling, but it’s up to Blizzard, not us, to push that narrative along.

3 Likes

That’s awkward enough to be true I suppose. Sigh Either way, it’s not an element I plan to address IC at all, so I’ll leave it at that.

1 Like

People making assumptions like this, where they guess the actions of high profile lore characters is why we have people roleplaying characters who seem to have a fiber connection to wowpedia and wowhead.

3 Likes

I’m not going to RP my characters knowing about this until the patch hits. Doesn’t mean I can’t speculate about it.

2 Likes

Absolutely, speculation is completely fine. But it is really wild to say that yeah magni :100: knows about this + would have told X

3 Likes

It’s a logical conclusion. But I agree that it’s merely a speculation. Not that there’s a rush for this anyway, as the patch is not far away.

@Koiffen the N’zoth comment was aimed that a meeting was going to be held once 8.2.5 is out which is when N’zoth been confirmed being freed.

So it would be logical for the ‘‘Champions of Azeroth’’ to discuss such a drastic change.

@Uruk Voice of Azeroth is it a discord community or in-game? If so could you maybe fetch me some details about it since I only made this thread because I heard Voice of Azeroth was no more.

Mostly discord community with in-game coordination, but I’m not sure if we have an in-game battle net community. But VoA is definitely not gone, not by a long shot.

When you have the time could you mail me the information to discord to my alt Nichrog on Horde side?

I would rather discuss first with the existing community than starting up something new.

That is fine. I will contact you later today.

can’t wait 'til the datamines tell us which team wins so I can quickly say all my characters always supported [Winning Team].

6 Likes

I’d say 50/50. There are people which seem omniscient and will know everything to the bone but the hyper skeptics are just as bad.

In this scenario, the champions of Azeroth knowing that N’zoth has been released makes a lot of sense.

Even if it will be advanced next patch in a quote (go to Magni, speak: “N’zoth has returned”, Magni replies: “Oh noes, we gotta empower the Heart even more, fetch 50 levels of artifact power for me then we’ll discuss) having characters that RP with that knowledge in VoA meetings isn’t going to impact anyone’s RP. Does it enhance RP? Does it makes sense? If the answers are yes then just go for it.

You already have all sorts of contradictions, plot holes and retcons. But having the players fill a semi-plothole? My, this is so bad!

I’d argue that an unleashed old god is a big deal to most characters, but that may just be me.

Having the players decide the actions of the big characters in roleplay is, in fact, pretty bad.

(Why are you no longer a draenei? Draeneiposting is a good meme.)

3 Likes

Writing Blizz’s own characters for them is pretty bad, yeah. Not really sure what there is to contest about that.

3 Likes

I would have called it following the lore that we have.

Koiffen seems to have answered most of everything else, but

But roleplaying head canons as factual? That’s a big yikes from me.

4 Likes

There may been some misunderstanding on my post but to make it clear.

My idea is that N’zoth’s ‘‘release’’ will not be known until 8.2.5 and then there will be a meeting to discuss it.

I try to avoid to act out too quickly with patch events, it was different in Legion due to the skybox and so on.

1 Like

I agree with this plan, hence why I wasn’t replying to you.

1 Like