Interest check: Raising a death knight!

Greetings Argent Dawn!

I come to you tonight with a very simple idea, and I am wondering if other people would be up for it. So, without further ado, time to elaborate.

So I’ve been meaning to play my death knight more often and figure out a reason for him to venture out into the world. And I was thinking, a very good reason for venturing out is the potential discovery and subsequent raising of suitable candidates for the Ebon Blade, since they did suffer quite a few losses during their initial assault on the Maw and later attack on the Sanctum of Domination.

And I was thinking, maybe there are people out there who would want to play a death knight, and would perhaps like their characters coming into the world through a small IC event where it will be Salfalur here who does the raising. It allows me a chance to meet new people, and your character gets to arrive in the world through a small rp-event tailored specifically to your character. Or maybe there are death knights here who would like to go on a small search for a suitable warrior alongside Salfalur and assist in the raising.

Either way, this is just an attempt from me to provide a tiny bit of roleplay to those who want, so I am curious to hear what people think of the idea.

6 Likes

In the Ebon Onslaught, we actively perform raisings of people. We have our own Lich, and we do a whole nice event where we recover the body and all contribute to raising them in a ritual.

Granted, we do this for people who want to join the Ebon Onslaught however. So I commend you for your initiative and I hope you do well!

5 Likes

Interesting… I’ll be up for a small event like this thou I wouldn’t play my dk that much.

1 Like

I had a hunch that this was the case! Still, thank you for the well-wishes, we shall see how it goes. Who knows, maybe some people will eventually find their way to you from this!

That is up to you, it is your character after all and you are not beholden to anything after this. It’s just to generate a little bit of roleplay! I am usually on Salfalur or my paladin Desartin when I am ingame, though I could toss you a whisper as well if I see you!

2 Likes

Thats a familiar name I am willing to put my name behind!

100% recommend for any unguilded/unaffiliated DK who want to be raised(while not interest in the Ebon Onslaught) to go here! Get a taste of how Death Knight RP can be! a sniff of unlive if you will! (See what I did there? hehe)

Ofcourse, you all are free to be hunted by the Ebon Blade(/Onslaught) or join them, afterwards! :wink:

1 Like

Well, Salfalur is of the Ebon Blade himself, even if he is guildless. Would be a bit silly if his recruits would then be hunted immedeatly :stuck_out_tongue: (That is, unless something goes wrong during the resurrection and they turn rabid or something!)

Still, thank you for the endorsement!

1 Like

Whelp! For those raised in the Ebon Blade’s ranks,

this obviously does not count! :wink: :skull:

1 Like

Good luck finding a worthy squire !

2 Likes

Do I count as one?

1 Like

Orc so that remains to be seen. One of the more… palatable inhumans.

1 Like

On a certain evening, on the Broken Shore, an orcish soldier’s body was recovered by a human clad in saronite. It was not long before the body began to move once more, and the orc returned to unholy life. Gor’wrat Frostedge was reborn in unlife, and after having been tested and taught the basics by Salfalur, was now ready to venture out to make his mark upon Azeroth.

And that was the first raising done! Thank you Gor’wrat for allowing my char to be the one to raise yours IC, it was fun!

Now let’s not be hasty…

That depends, though I do not think squires are often taught the basics to then be sent out on their own right on the first evening :thinking:

Some screenshots from tonight:

A worthy candidate is found…

It is not long before he is returned to unlife.

Quickly, the new knight is equipped and brought up to speed

No knight is brought back without proper testing though…

And some more intense testing…

And with some last words of wisdom, the new knight is sent on his way.

2 Likes

Well… tbf… He is still just an orc soldier with now undead strenght… he still has a long way to go to be an ebon knight.

2 Likes

This is still a thing, so shameless bump from my end!

And this was the guy who raised me … Humans…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.